Whats the deal with the California Security Guard Card registration?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Security Training in Orange County, California

41 months ago

I heard that you can take the required training course online but are these online training courses approved by the State of California? What is the average cost to get this training done and where is the best place to go to get the training done? I'm also interested in getting my Exposed Firearms permit how much do those courses run and where do I go? Any help I can get in figuring out the answers will be appreciated, thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

beginagainla in Modesto, California

31 months ago

I would like to know the answers too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

BSIS in California

16 months ago

beginagainla in Modesto, California said: I would like to know the answers too.

BE AWARE... Most all online guard card training classes are not approved. It has come to BSIS awareness many are claiming they are approved, but they are not. An investigation is currently being conducted to correct this. *****What is required is the current lesson plan must include the WMD complete DVD (must be apart of the training both online and in the classroom) Just mentioning information about WMD is no longer acceptable. I recommend checking out each training site for this prior to spending money. This is also why many training sites sell their program cheap, because it is not the real thing. Go to a place with reputuation you can trust.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MikeUSAF in Chatsworth, California

13 months ago

BSIS in California said: BE AWARE... Most all online guard card training classes are not approved. It has come to BSIS awareness many are claiming they are approved, but they are not. An investigation is currently being conducted to correct this. *****What is required is the current lesson plan must include the WMD complete DVD (must be apart of the training both online and in the classroom) Just mentioning information about WMD is no longer acceptable. I recommend checking out each training site for this prior to spending money. This is also why many training sites sell their program cheap, because it is not the real thing. Go to a place with reputuation you can trust.

Which online courses are approved by the State of California?

BSIS in California

13 months ago

To assure you are getting the right approved training, use the following check list...
1. Google SECURITY GUARD TRAINING BSIS and a list of companies will appear
2. READ the reviews and how many reviews listed
3. Check the rating of the company via BUSINESS CONSUMER ALLIANCE (replaces Better Business Bureau)
4. Do they have a real location. We don't suggest using a business that only exist online.
5. Check BSIS to assure they are licensed to provide the training.
6. How long have they been in business? Longer the business been in business with a good record will give you assurance it's the place to go to for your training.
7. Business and Fellow worker's referral
****most important of all***
COMMON SENSE... if it's offered for almost nothing or really cheap, RED FLAG. It's probably NOT approved. It cost money to provide the real training required.
REMEMBER.... Cheap can be EXPENSIVE and if you are involved in a court situation with an arrest will the training hold water?

GOOD LUCK!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.