SECURITY GUARD LICENSE AND TRAINING IN NEW YORK

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 496)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Joel montesino in New York, New York

69 months ago

where can i get a security guard license where i have to go to get a nys application and also where do i go to get fingerprint include one nys/one federal. i don't have a driving license i have a learner permit or a security guard i have a high school diploma.
-As previously mentioned, the 8-hour pre-assignment course must be completed before licensing.
-within 90-days of beginning work, the 16-hour on-the-job training course must be completed.
-every year, beginning with the year after licensing, the 8-hour annual in-service course must be taken.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (382) / No (106) Reply - Report abuse

Cyret Dinglebonger in Potsdam, New York

68 months ago

you can go to the Police department for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (110) / No (45) Reply - Report abuse

sasha fink in Brooklyn, New York

68 months ago

where do i go to get my license

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (173) / No (46) Reply - Report abuse

CARLOS124 in New York, New York

68 months ago

To get your fingerprints this may be helpful to others.

One Police Plaza
near city hall, New York, NY
You will need a money order in the amount of $ 18.00 ,drivers liscene,and passport.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (113) / No (35) Reply - Report abuse

johnwilsondot

66 months ago

Can any1 in new york city help me with getting my Security License. I have my 8 and 16 hr now that all I need
Plz email me at johnwilsondot@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (279) / No (46) Reply - Report abuse

Kabooms in Brooklyn in Brooklyn, New York

65 months ago

Is a CDL required in order to perform duties in armored security?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (45) Reply - Report abuse

MIKE in Fulton, New York

65 months ago

You forgot to mention that any OUT of STATE Certifications will not apply in the state. The state will not even take out of State LAW ENFORCEMENT Certification to apply for your 8 hour or Armed License...The guy at NYS License laughed when I asked...very professional???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

shahid ahmed in Yonkers, New York

63 months ago

i like to have my security guard license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (77) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

Matt H. in Maplewood, New Jersey

62 months ago

I have the certificate for the 8 hour and the 16 hour training. I have a ny state ID, and passport where do i go from here?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (208) / No (52) Reply - Report abuse

carlos124 in New York, New York

62 months ago

does anyone know if the licenses are the same for florida as they are for new york?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

JaeAXP in Astoria, New York

61 months ago

carlos124 in New York, New York said: does anyone know if the licenses are the same for florida as they are for new york?

No, each security guard license is diff from state to state... You will a Fl security guard license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

I would like to thank all the person who contacted me to get more information on how to obtain their security licsene.
I want all of you to know that I love helping people out in any way possible, so don't be afraid to ask questions.
Contact me via Email

carlospadilla71@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Best Buy
Asset Protection Associate Job

As a Loss Prevention Associate for Best Buy, you will support the operation of your Best Buy store by maintaining building security and store safety, modeling Best Buy philosophy by using good judgment in your decisions and actions, and identifying and applying various techniques to control potential or actual losses. Primary Responsibilities: • Provide a welcoming and safe shopping experience for customers by maintaining building security and general store safety • Apprehend shoplifters, respond to emergency situations, administer first aid, and react in a professional manner; all using good judgment
Basic qualifications • This isn't a desk job! Lifting up to 50 lbs., standing and moving up to 100% of the time • At least 16 years of age

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ree ree in Chicago, Illinois

60 months ago

wheres a good place to go to trianing to get your gun card at in Chicago ILL,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

karim in Brooklyn, New York

60 months ago

can anyone please give me any companies that pay good i have license and 8 n 16 hour certificate please email me if u do know any company that u can trust my email is therapyer@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Keven M in New York, New York

60 months ago

I have my 8 and 16 hour courses done and i was wondering if anyone could help me on what comes next. Ive run into so many scams and im tired of it. Where can i get my license and is the test hard. Thanks in advanced.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Security Instructor in New York, New York

60 months ago

If you have your 8 and 16 hour courses, then the only thing that comes next is for you to apply for the security license. You have to send the following to the NYS Department of State:

- completed NYS application for security guard
- a set of your fingerprints
- an original copy of the 8 hour pre-assignment certificate
- $36.00 money order to NYS Department of State
- $105.75 money order to L-1 Enrollment Services (NYS's fingerprint vendor)
SEND EVERYTHING TO THE NYS DEPARTMENT OF STATE

Please note that until 12/31/09 there are two ways to have the fingerprints done. You can have the traditional inked fingerprints taken or you can go to a site operated by the State's fingerprint vendor, L-1 Enrollment Services, and have the fingerprints taken electronically. After 1/1/10 the fingerprints will have to be done electronically. Go to the Department of State web site for a link to L-1 Enrollment Services and their locations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (65) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

keven in New York, New York

60 months ago

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

good boy in New York, New York

59 months ago

thank you guys for your help God bless

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

marius2309 in Brooklyn, New York

59 months ago

CARLOS124 in New York, New York said: I would like to thank all the person who contacted me to get more information on how to obtain their security licsene.
I want all of you to know that I love helping people out in any way possible, so don't be afraid to ask questions.
Contact me via Email

hey my name is marius and i really want to kno if i can go to the licensing without a passport...i however have a drivers license...im from nyc...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Vicrom2008@hotmail.com in Brooklyn, New York

59 months ago

What if a person do not want to take the 8 hour class, just want to do the finger printing at pace. Can it be done that way. If their's another way letme know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

badge1luv@hotmail.com in Bronx, New York

59 months ago

CARLOS124 in New York, New York said: I would like to thank all the person who contacted me to get more information on how to obtain their security licsene.
Contact me via Email

I would like to know how to obtain my security license and classes and fingerprints and what is the cost for the procedure. I want to get into this field before xmas. Please e-mail me the info and adresses to apply. Thank You Very Much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

carlos124 in New York, New York

59 months ago

Vicrom2008@hotmail.com in Brooklyn, New York said: What if a person do not want to take the 8 hour class, just want to do the finger printing at pace. Can it be done that way. If their's another way letme know.

FINGERRINTING INFO:

NY POLICE DEPARTMENT
ONE POLICE PLAZA
NEW YORK, NY 10038

Fee is $18.00 paid in a money order,debit, or credit card.
Need NYS I.D., NYS Drivers Licesen, or a Passport

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

WILLIAM RUIZ in Hoboken, New Jersey

59 months ago

Contact me via Email

greetings my security license expired in 2007 what do i have to do to renew it in nyc. thks, william

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Carlos124 in New York, New York

59 months ago

WILLIAM RUIZ in Hoboken, New Jersey said: greetings my security license expired in 2007 what do i have to do to renew it in nyc. thks, william

You will have to take security officer course for New York State 8hr and 16hr certificates, and take your fingerprints once you have them mail everthing to Albany, NY along with the neccessary fees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

stephen in New York, New York

59 months ago

what do i need to renew my license if :
my licence expire jan 2010
my 8hr expired
and didn't take the annual

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Peter Da GR8T in Powhatan, Virginia

58 months ago

MIKE in Fulton, New York said: You forgot to mention that any OUT of STATE Certifications will not apply in the state. The state will not even take out of State LAW ENFORCEMENT Certification to apply for your 8 hour or Armed License...The guy at NYS License laughed when I asked...very professional???

Your absolutey right! I've got my dcjs armed/unarmed lic, my gun cert lic (hand guns/shotgun/special handguns)and my CCW (carry concealed weapons permit)from Virginia. Plus two years corrections experience and they laughed when I told them about my credentials. I was born in NY and recently moved down to VA. Getting ready to move back up to help out my parents but man that NY professionalism makes me wonder!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mjroberson@optimum.net in Brooklyn, New York

58 months ago

I've had a N.Y. State security Lic. When I worked JPMorganChase, We were told we did not to reapply. Some kind of arragement was made. Do I need to reapply or can i just renew from my previous License? Also, Why do I have to wait 3 Months if necessary? Thank You for your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Security Instructor in New York, New York

58 months ago

If I understand your comment correctly, you are saying that you had a NYS Security Guard license, but that it expired. If this is the case, then whether or not you need to reapply depends on how long ago the licensed expired. NYS Security Licenses are good for two years, and every two years they must be renewed (NYS feee for renewal is $25.00). Once your license expires you can no longer legally work, but NYS gives a 6-month grace period to renew the license. Once the license is expired for more than six months, however, NYS wipes the slate clean and you have to reapply by going through the entire original application process. The 8-hour pre-assignment class cerificates never expire, so if you did have to reapply, you can still use your pre-assignment certificate regardless of how many years ago you took the course.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Security Instructor in New York, New York said: If I understand your comment correctly, you are saying that you had a NYS Security Guard license, but that it expired. If this is the case, then whether or not you need to reapply depends on how long ago the licensed expired. NYS Security Licenses are good for two years, and every two years they must be renewed (NYS feee for renewal is $25.00). Once your license expires you can no longer legally work, but NYS gives a 6-month grace period to renew the license. Once the license is expired for more than six months, however, NYS wipes the slate clean and you have to reapply by going through the entire original application process. The 8-hour pre-assignment class cerificates never expire, so if you did have to reapply, you can still use your pre-assignment certificate regardless of how many years ago you took the course.

Thank you. For your help and Reply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

candy in New York, New York

58 months ago

are there any free security guard training in new york city

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

John in Brooklyn, New York

57 months ago

I went to ome police plaza to be fingerprinted, but they asked me to get the fingerprintimg forms. Please help me by answering the following questions:

1-where shall I get the forms for fingerprinting?
2-where shall I get the application forms for security license

I have only the 8 hours and the 16 hours certificates

What is the next step to get the license

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

you should request an application packet which has all the forms to get your security guard license. please check out this link or call the directly at

criminaljustice.state.ny.us/ops/sgtraining/index.htm

Fingerprints: link criminaljustice.state.ny.us/pio/fp_services.htm

Thanks,
carlos padilla

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shayc in Bronx, New York

57 months ago

I did my 8hr and 16hr back in August 2007 but I never applied for my license and I've never worked security before and I lost my certificates.Do I need to re-do those courses, if not what can I do about re-obtaining my lost certificates? If I do need to re-do the course do you know of anywhere that offers it for cheap? thankyou

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

mjroberson@optimum.net in Brooklyn, New York said: Thank you. For your help and Reply.

Can you please tell me where I can pick up a License application?. I asked on line with the State to mail me one, So far I have not gotten one. Is there a walk in location? Thank you for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

michael smith

57 months ago

Joel montesino in New York, New York said: where can i get a security guard license where i have to go to get a nys application and also where do i go to get fingerprint include one nys/one federal. i don't have a driving license i have a learner permit or a security guard i have a high school diploma.
-As previously mentioned, the 8-hour pre-assignment course must be completed before licensing.
-within 90-days of beginning work, the 16-hour on-the-job training course must be completed.
-every year, beginning with the year after licensing, the 8-hour annual in-service course must be taken.
i do have a driving license and a sora license for new jersey only I just want one for new york as well, can you please help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Is there any location in the City area that i can walk in and get a Security guard License application? Or, do I have to attend the 8 Hour course and that begins the Application process? Thank You.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Watertown, New York

57 months ago

WHERE do you find REAL armed security jobs in NYC area? Craigslist has a hundred of them listed and they all seem fake. Does anyone have a list of reputable places that are actually hiring and treat their people decent? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

michael smith

57 months ago

yes how can I get a sora license to work in new york

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

YoYO in Suffern, New York

57 months ago

Peter Da GR8T in Powhatan, Virginia said: Your absolutey right! I've got my dcjs armed/unarmed lic, my gun cert lic (hand guns/shotgun/special handguns)and my CCW (carry concealed weapons permit)from Virginia. Plus two years corrections experience and they laughed when I told them about my credentials. I was born in NY and recently moved down to VA. Getting ready to move back up to help out my parents but man that NY professionalism makes me wonder!!!!

So you mean to tell me that this guy above with all this credentials have to start all over again? WOW!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jacquline spearman in Brooklyn, New York

57 months ago

loooking 4 my frie guard licenses

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jacquline spearman in Brooklyn, New York

57 months ago

need fire guard licenses

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

prince5542@hotmail.com in New York, New York

57 months ago

jacquline spearman in Brooklyn, New York said: loooking 4 my frie guard licenses

you have to go to 9metrotech on flatbush avenue to the fire dept.

volvyz in Brooklyn, New York

56 months ago

how about if you had your certificates an there are expired.y would you do everything all over again? it make no sense. i have my permit, am in college,i got my diplomat from high school. but my problem is i dont want to do everything all over,is it anyway else i could just redo the paper without goin to the same process

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

security instructor

56 months ago

The certificates for the 8 and 16 hour courses never expire. Even if you took the course 15-years ago you can still use it, but if your license expired for more than 6-months you have to go through the whole application process again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

ooo so i could still use it cool i didnt know that. now i want to get a good security job with my certificates that pay 14 and up also help me to get my license. i dont know what to do ? i use to be a security guard in rainbow shop but i didnt have my certificate yet. now looking for a good job websites so i apply start working. o yes one more most place i check they say i have to pay 75 dollars to get training the uniform come with it.i think they try to get your money believe i went there isnt no such adress they give me.i want to make not to give. is it anywere else i go without paying that money

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Vin in Jersey City, New Jersey

56 months ago

If I live in NJ and want to work security in NYC, how do I get a state ID for NY to get licensed???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

erika in Jackson Heights, New York

56 months ago

I never got my renewal form for my NY State security license. Where on the NYS site can i get a new form? Or a phone number to call for this case? My license expired on the 07/29/09. Do I need to pay a late fee?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

well i got my 8 hours certificates problems is i want to found a job that help me to get my license i dont where to go ,if someone in here could give me a number to call a job place that i could start working without asking me for a 75 dolars deposit

David

56 months ago

Security Instructor in New York, New York said: If I understand your comment correctly, you are saying that you had a NYS Security Guard license, but that it expired. If this is the case, then whether or not you need to reapply depends on how long ago the licensed expired. NYS Security Licenses are good for two years, and every two years they must be renewed (NYS feee for renewal is $25.00). Once your license expires you can no longer legally work, but NYS gives a 6-month grace period to renew the license. Once the license is expired for more than six months, however, NYS wipes the slate clean and you have to reapply by going through the entire original application process. The 8-hour pre-assignment class cerificates never expire, so if you did have to reapply, you can still use your pre-assignment certificate regardless of how many years ago you took the course.

What if i lost my 8hrs,16hrs and lost prevention certificates what
do i have to do now and where exactly in albany do i have to send
the $25 to and do i haveto send my License with it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.