fac or tan card

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (45)

antcon in Chicago, Illinois

57 months ago

can i take the card from job to hob, or must i reapply for one evry job i get? i know the stated that you have to return to employer when u quit but i paid for the damm thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

REGINA in Chicago, Illinois

57 months ago

HI im from chicago, can you please give me a list of security companys that are hiring. i have everything i suppose to have. lol. i've been doing apps. for months now. can you please help me.
thank you sign, need a jobs ASAP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

no problem. no i`m not the hiring manager but they are always hiring. im just a officer who works there. but when you fill out the app make sure you put my name down as a referal anthony consola.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

ok thanks is there anybody to ask for because im going to call tomrrow or should i just go up there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

your better off going there and filling out a app. make sure you bring all your stuff. including your perc card. and your 20 hour certificate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

ok thank you I will keep in touch

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

and if you know of anymore security places please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

did you go apply?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

yes on the online but im going to go in all so

S Ves in Oak Lawn, Illinois

56 months ago

Anthony, do you know of a way to check the status of tan card ap

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

AL Mayers in Chicago, Illinois

56 months ago

antcon in Chicago, Illinois said: can i take the card from job to hob, or must i reapply for one evry job i get? i know the stated that you have to return to employer when u quit but i paid for the damm thing.

yup you have to return it to the company every time you quit one and reapply at each company
it sucks that's there rule if you don;t they try and take legal action it happen to me
went i left SDI security i did not return there tan-card they threaten with legal action..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

regina in Chicago, Illinois

56 months ago

hello, look i live in chicago il, can u please give me some security companys name thats hiring, Ive been tryn for mths now. and nobody hasnt called me yet. I in dying need of a job. I have 5 kids and my rent needs to be paid. please help, thank you sign single mom.

56 months ago

regina did you ever call guardian? call them if you filled the app. keep calling them until they give you a interveiw.

56 months ago

yes i did. ill do it agian thanks

56 months ago

hey I just called agian and they told me its best to come in and do the app. so im going 2mrow. thanks so much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa A. Chudy in Joliet, Illinois

55 months ago

antcon in Chicago, Illinois said: hello guardian security is hiring. they are on 3300 w on 127th street in blue island. tell them anthony consola sent you they should hire you.

I have current experience in Security: I am presently working in Logistics and Construction patrolling. I am interested in Industrial, Construction, and posssible Retail security. I am reliable, diligent, a thorough report writer. I am interested in a Security position in your Security firm. Thank you and hope to meet with you about my qualifications, again. Sincerely, Lisa A. Chudy

Tom harmon in Vernon Hills, Illinois

51 months ago

regina in Chicago, Illinois said: hey, i just wanted to say thank you again for the info you gave me. I have an interview 2morow, I had a question i wanted to ask you when you get a chance Email me. millett39@yahoo.com thanks

I fell for the old "come in for an interview" at 3 different companies over the last month. I had stated I wanted 2nd shift only and yet after driving 18 miles to 3 different interviews they had nothing to offer me. What I'm saying is a lot of these people doing interviews have a quota, so don't be surprised when they have no job to offer!

interested in Des Plaines, Illinois

51 months ago

I have a quick question, im new to the game and i want to get into the security field. Do i have to get a PERC card myself along with the 20 hour training, or do i have to get hired first? on most job requirements, it tells me that i need a PERC card and a cert.. can someone help me out with this.. thanks again

Tom harmon in Vernon Hills, Illinois

51 months ago

Getting the PERC card is the easiest. When I applied at Howe Security in Lake Bluff, Illinois I filled out the state application for a PERC card which primarily asks you for any past felonies etc etc.He sent the app in and it took about a month for it to be appproved and mailed to me. The 20 hour cert I obtained by watching 20 hours of tape and then taking a test, all done at How Security office.
By the way, I did have a past felony (possession of marijuana) but it was way back in 1972 . I put it down on my app and the state approved me anyway. Don't lie because they will find it in background check.
So all I can say is if you want to obtain it on your own it can be done through local community colleges. Do a google search for "20 hour security guard certification in illinois" and it will give you the links needed.
Tom

Sharie in Chicago, Illinois

47 months ago

Hey,everyone! I recently completed my 20hr. training for an unarmed security guard and applied for perc card. Does anyone know how i can check the status of my perc card and how long it takes to get a response?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Diva Girl in Chicago, Illinois

45 months ago

antcon in Chicago, Illinois said: hello guardian security is hiring. they are on 3300 w on 127th street in blue island. tell them anthony consola sent you they should hire you.

Hey Anthony Consola can I use your name too?

mike2023 in Oak Forest, Illinois

44 months ago

does anyone know about how long it takes to get ur aproval from the state to get ur tan card

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

e garner in Chicago, Illinois

43 months ago

howcan i get my fac or tan card for security

Antcon37 in Chicago, Illinois

37 months ago

As far as I know u can get the app from the state, them you and employee has to fill it out. How much are you paying?

Scott in Vernon Hills, Illinois

34 months ago

I am looking to invest in a small security start up. I also bring a decent amount of corporate development experience and field experience to the table. If your interested shoot me your email address.

Anthony Burns in Chicago, Illinois

34 months ago

Scott in Vernon Hills, Illinois said: I am looking to invest in a small security start up. I also bring a decent amount of corporate development experience and field experience to the table. If your interested shoot me your email address.

HI Scott, my name is Anthony Burns I'm interested in working for your company. I currently have my twenty hour certificate and is awaiting for my perc card through the mail. email add(burns_anthony2981@yahoo.com) Thank you.

REGINA in Chicago in Chicago, Illinois

33 months ago

REGINA in Chicago, Illinois said: HI im from chicago, can you please give me a list of security companys that are hiring. i have everything i suppose to have. lol. i've been doing apps. for months now. can you please help me.
thank you sign, need a jobs ASAP

regina my name is andre steele did u ever find that security job cause im looking also email me at dre7385dre@yahoo.com

tdjackson0515@gmail.com in Elgin, Illinois

33 months ago

Scott,

Can you send me an email offline to the following address tdjackson0515@gmail.com, maybe we can talk and do somethings and form our own company or buy out another one. I also have corp experience, and LEO experience.

TD

Scott in Vernon Hills, Illinois said: I am looking to invest in a small security start up. I also bring a decent amount of corporate development experience and field experience to the table. If your interested shoot me your email address.

andre steele in Anderson, Indiana

32 months ago

dre7385dre@yahoo.com

single mom of 2 in Chicago, Illinois

32 months ago

I have my 20 hour certification but dont have the money for pay for my perc. does anyone know who will hire and help me to get my perc

cmcsarai in Chicago, Illinois

29 months ago

I sent in my information to get my PERC card but its been two months and i don't know how to check the status of my card and where it is at. Can anyone help PLEASE!!!

tdjackson0515@gmail.com in Crawfordsville, Indiana

29 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

cmcsarai in Chicago, Illinois

29 months ago

How you u translate it. What does the ISP and FBI things mean?

moose60061 in Glenview, Illinois

29 months ago

ISP = Illinois State Police.................on my record it shows 'clear" for ISP and shows a 'hit" on FBI report which is more thorough as FBI has no time limit. ISP has around 25 year time limit. My "hit" was 0ver 40 years ago for minor offense.

MM33 in Chicago, Illinois

27 months ago

I currently work for securitas and do not enjoy working here I just started working a week ago and am getting messed around with, with my hours and pay. If anyone is hiring and would like for me to apply please email me at eclipsecraze@hotmail.com. I am looking for full time 1st shift and at least 12$ hr I am making 11. I have an associates degree and bachelors . Thank you

27 months ago

Securitas is too big a company. Nobody knows what the other is doing. Every time I went to apply for something there were different people running the show.They will shuffle you around like a deck of cards.Find a smaller security service that isn't scrambling to fill shifts every day!

MM33 in Wheeling, Illinois

27 months ago

Where should I go? I am trying to get a 1st shift position. Start in the morning. This midnight to 8 in the morning is not my thing. What happened to the guys on here that were going to start there own security company. I'll come work for you if you need a guy 1st shift and out towards the schaumburg area.

27 months ago

everybody wants 1st shift. Thats why when you apply the openings are almost always for nuight shifts.I worked 12 years on a 8pm-5am shift. It was something I eventually got used to but I'd never do it over again. Night shifts affect your health in many ways.

Maria in Chicago, Illinois

24 months ago

Hi,
Can anyone help me? I applied for Securitas a couple weeks ago, they called me and I had an interview with them today, they didn't find anything for me right now. But she stated in the interview that I would need a PERC and proceeded to tell me what the qualifications were. I know I qualify, but when I looked it up on the computer, it was $55. That's $$$ I don't have, so I was wondering, does Securitas pay for it?

moose60061 in Vernon Hills, Illinois

24 months ago

No, your lucky if they pay for your uniforms. You'll also need the 20hr Certificate too. You have to attend their training program which takes 2 days and 10 hours a day.

stevo93 in Chicago, Illinois

23 months ago

Hey, can anybody tell me if they know any security jobs that don't require a perc card, they won't give me one cuz of Childsupport, now I done went to school, got my 20 and 40 hrs security training my foid card, and pass the shooting range, now I can't get a perc card:-( ,and my Childsupport is steady climbing, can anyone help me with some information?

Ps. I don't get it, now do they expect somebody to pay Childsupport when they won't even let me get a perc card to work....

Austreberto vargas JR.

21 months ago

I was wondering if u have ur security company yet if ur willing to hire me? Im a armed guard I am also bilingual n have perc card my firearm certificate and baton and handcuff certification. Can u contact me at laura_a1109@yahoo.com

keke in Addison, Illinois

15 days ago

i have misdeamor does that mean i cant work i did my training and sent the application in for my perc card and i got my fingers prints but they are still pending can i still work or i have to wait for them to come

khrys in Addison, Illinois

15 days ago

i have misdeamor does that mean i cant work i did my training and sent the application in for my perc card and i got my fingers prints but they are still pending can i still work or i have to wait for it to come

moose60061 in Vernon Hills, Illinois

15 days ago

keke in Addison, Illinois said: i have misdeamor does that mean i cant work i did my training and sent the application in for my perc card and i got my fingers prints but they are still pending can i still work or i have to wait for them to come

I doubt a misdeamanor means anything. I had a felony possession of marijuana from 1975 and they gave me my PERC card.. Most companies will not let you work until your PERC card has arrived otherwise they would find themselves liable for anything you might do.Most of their customers have signed agreement they will not hire anyone without PERC.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.