Thinking about being a security guard

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

MikeUSAF in Chatsworth, California

13 months ago

I am a 53 year old male. Is that too old to become a security guard. I recently graduate from a medical assistant program and I am CPR certified. Problem medical providers want you to have at least one year of experience and speak Spanish which I do not. I also have a BS in management. I am currently on unemployment which will be running out soon.

What is the average starting pay in Southern California if anyone knows. If I did want to become a security guard I would do the 40 hours online.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Better.luck.next.time in Albany, New York

13 months ago

MikeUSAF in Chatsworth, California said: I am a 53 year old male. Is that too old to become a security guard. I recently graduate from a medical assistant program and I am CPR certified. Problem medical providers want you to have at least one year of experience and speak Spanish which I do not. I also have a BS in management. I am currently on unemployment which will be running out soon.

What is the average starting pay in Southern California if anyone knows. If I did want to become a security guard I would do the 40 hours online.

Have you thought about getting a CDL license? Not sure what's up in California but here there are jobs at senior or disability centers to drive transport vans that pay reasonably well. You need to be CPR certified, but you are already.

SPSOA UNION in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

10 months ago

California Security Guard Salaries
Within California there is a lot of variation in Security Guard Salaries. These variations depend on on a wide range of factors from population to general competitiveness in the market. Below is a map displaying a few key cities in California and surrounding states, click on any one to find Security Guard Salaries for that area.

If you visit this website www1.salary.com/CA/Security-Guard-salary.html you can get the information your looking for.

For Information on Security Guard Training Requirements in California I suggest you visit this website: www.securityguardstraining.com/California-Security-Guard-Training.html

For Information on Joining a Security Guard Union I suggest you visit the Security Police & Security Officers of America SPSOA Union website: www.spsoa.org/

I Hope this answered your questions

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.