Becoming a Security Guard in California

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Jesse Mentken

19 months ago

I am a 48 year old man currently living in San Diego and am looking at becoming a security guard. I have a few questions:

1. I assumed that getting a guard card was necessary but I read a comment online where a person said that paying to get the card would just be a waste of money. Do people know if the card is necessary for guard jobs or not?

2. I have many misdemeanors on my record but they are all more then 7 years old. Will they prevent me from gaining employment as a guard?

3. Do people have security companies they would recommend or, conversely, companies I should not work for?

thanks,
Jesse

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Guard Card in Rancho Cordova, California

19 months ago

Hey Jesse,

A California guard card is required in order to work for any Private Patrol Operator in the State of California. Misdemeanors will not necessarily disqualify you from getting a California guard card. Your misdemeanors are more than 7 years old so it's possible that you might get approved depending on the severity of the misdemeanor and if the crime directly relates to the job duties of a security guard.

California Guard Card Online • $50 Guard Card • iOS & Android optimized courses • 100% online guard card training

californiaguardcardonline.com

8-hour guard card course for only $50.

40-hours of required BSIS California Guard Card courses for only $129.95.

Sacramento, San Francisco, Bay Area, Oakland, Los Angeles, San Diego

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

KrisCaldwell in California

18 months ago

I also had doubts related to the importance of guard card. Thanks a lot for the information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.