How to start a career in software engineering, after graduating college

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

loo joe in atlanta, Georgia

47 months ago

alohamann in Redondo Beach, California said: Try applying directly to company websites. To me big companies are usually the ones that are willing to hire Junior developers such as Northropgrumman, Boeng, Lockheedmarting, Intel, etc.. That's how i got to northrop but first get your resume well tuned enough to get an interview. My certifications helped catch attention bcoz i guess you stand out of the rests who are also entry-level applicants so it's more likely that they dont have certification. it's an investment. Most of the openings from these defense contractors pay attention to certs and college degree holders. It's just my honest opinion based on several job search i've done before landing on one. Your chance gets bigger if your willing to move anywhere. That expands your market availability. Take as much interviews you can because each one helps you feel more comfortable & confident each time. It could be exasperating and frustrating but learn from it.

hello

thanks for the wonderful advice. i live in atlanta , georgia. i am a new grad. and i am a software engineer.
i wanted to know if you or anybody knew abot any companies that are hiring software/computer science engineers in the south. perferablly georgia.

please let me know thanks..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

WalCray in Texas City, Texas

46 months ago

I am certainly looking at this forum. I am self taught C++ and C# after taking the Junior college entry level classes in them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

WalCray in Texas City, Texas

46 months ago

I am self taught in C# and C++ . I want to know about working with a team of software developers and what is it like.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.