What are the best software engineer qualifications and training to get ahead?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What is the best training for becoming a software engineer? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective software engineer?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Reply - Report abuse

Adam in Painesville, Ohio

78 months ago

That's ridiculous rob. i was a journalist for five years before going back to school for computer science/software engineering. i had no experience programming or anything. you can learn it if you truly put your mind and energy into it. sure, you might have to work a lot harder than someone else who picks up on it right away, but that's the same with every subject/skill. don't let elitists like rob discourage you. there's a lot of techies out there like him.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (74) / No (42) Reply - Report abuse

jackie in Rajkot, India

75 months ago

Host said: What is the best training for becoming a software engineer? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective software engineer?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

can u say me in detai that how we can become an software engineer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

Saud Karim in Marietta, Georgia

75 months ago

I reallly want to become a software engineer, but don't really know if it is hard or easy for me. So if anybody could help me, I would be thankful.
Email me at worthmillions_7@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (34) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Chicago, Illinois

58 months ago

Zaphod in Hollis, New Hampshire said: Any advice for a Hardware Engineer that wants to move into Software Engineering? Have any SW Managers hired any HW Engineers with little 'real' SW experience, and had good results?. If a HW Engineer had a lot of experience with HDL languages like Verilog, and verification languages like System C and System Verilog, as well as scripting languages like Perl and Ruby. Would that help them make the cross over to the SW side? Thanks for any advice or input.

What type of software do you want to work on? Do you want to stay close to the hardware or not?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

junead in India

37 months ago

what are the best courses in engeanearing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.