How much am I worth?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

GoodTimes in San Francisco, California

19 months ago

Hi everyone, happy new yr! I was hoping to get an assessment about my current salary. I currently make about 95k as a software engineer in test. It's a pretty good company located in San Francisco. Here is some more info about me:

1. Age: 28
2. Degree: B.S. Computer Science from either UCSD or UCLA.
3. Experience: 3-4 with gaps in between(living abroad without working), ranging from 100 person companies to blue chip tech companies like Oracle. Most of my experience has been in development, a little bit QA experience.
4. Interviewing skills: very good, able to get multiple offers, but not facebook good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

GoodTimes in San Francisco, California

19 months ago

GoodTimes in San Francisco, California said: Hi everyone, happy new yr! I was hoping to get an assessment about my current salary. I currently make about 95k as a software engineer in test. It's a pretty good company located in San Francisco. Here is some more info about me:

1. Age: 28
2. Degree: B.S. Computer Science from either UCSD or UCLA.
3. Experience: 3-4 with gaps in between(living abroad without working), ranging from 100 person companies to blue chip tech companies like Oracle. Most of my experience has been in development, a little bit QA experience.
4. Interviewing skills: very good, able to get multiple offers, but not facebook good.

Whoops, years of experience should just be 4.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike in New York, New York

19 months ago

Are you asking if you're salary is reasonable for your background? It depends a bit on how good you actually are. Do other engineers come to you because they look to you as a technical leader? Things like that.

From what you've mentioned that seems about right to me, but my knowledge is more for NYC. I don't think it'd vary too much with San Francisco though. That said, if you're a bit ahead for your age/experience, I've seen many people make 100-120k at your age. I hit six-figures with 2.5 years experience for example.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.