How much am I worth?

Comments (3)

GoodTimes in San Francisco, California

29 months ago

Hi everyone, happy new yr! I was hoping to get an assessment about my current salary. I currently make about 95k as a software engineer in test. It's a pretty good company located in San Francisco. Here is some more info about me:

1. Age: 28
2. Degree: B.S. Computer Science from either UCSD or UCLA.
3. Experience: 3-4 with gaps in between(living abroad without working), ranging from 100 person companies to blue chip tech companies like Oracle. Most of my experience has been in development, a little bit QA experience.
4. Interviewing skills: very good, able to get multiple offers, but not facebook good.

GoodTimes in San Francisco, California

29 months ago

GoodTimes in San Francisco, California said: Hi everyone, happy new yr! I was hoping to get an assessment about my current salary. I currently make about 95k as a software engineer in test. It's a pretty good company located in San Francisco. Here is some more info about me:

1. Age: 28
2. Degree: B.S. Computer Science from either UCSD or UCLA.
3. Experience: 3-4 with gaps in between(living abroad without working), ranging from 100 person companies to blue chip tech companies like Oracle. Most of my experience has been in development, a little bit QA experience.
4. Interviewing skills: very good, able to get multiple offers, but not facebook good.

Whoops, years of experience should just be 4.

Mike in New York, New York

28 months ago

Are you asking if you're salary is reasonable for your background? It depends a bit on how good you actually are. Do other engineers come to you because they look to you as a technical leader? Things like that.

From what you've mentioned that seems about right to me, but my knowledge is more for NYC. I don't think it'd vary too much with San Francisco though. That said, if you're a bit ahead for your age/experience, I've seen many people make 100-120k at your age. I hit six-figures with 2.5 years experience for example.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.