big lots

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

psdten

67 months ago

have not worked for this co in several years are there any changes or negative asspects i should know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

vst in Tucson, Arizona

51 months ago

Yes It is the worst com pany to work for, the dont give enoght labor to run your busniess, they make you do things unsafe, they distric manager dont know what she is doing she alwas spects you to work a minimum of 80 hr a week from open to close with no help, loading process is the same by hand and it takes about 4 to 6 hours you too much feight, they give you about 80 hours to do your truck but that includes unloading for 5 people and ticketing but that never work because by the time you get done ticketing you have no labor left to through the truck, semo times you'll be the only one in the store because you have no labor to schedule poeple, LP distrct is an idiot every time you report something he'll find a way to blame you and accuse you of it, LP is not there to help you protect the store but in the contrary they look at you as an enemy. Good luck if you plan to work there they have a huge turn over last year and this year the distric of az lost all of it store manager and assistants because no one wante to work for the distric manager

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

jprevojr in Spring City, Tennessee

42 months ago

i am hard worker

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

one person in Yakima, Washington

41 months ago

The company only wants to save as much money as they can so they can sell themselves and look good on paper. Watch out people don't count when it comes to making themselves look better on paper for the sale

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Negolien in Sacramento, California

40 months ago

One of the most unsafe companies I have ever worked for. Our store has no ramp from the dock and they expect you to pull a 500 lb bail of cardboard on a pallet and pallet jack off a 2 foot drop. Really? What's gonna happen if I accidently slip or somthing hum? Need a back brace for unloading the 53' trailor by yourself? You better go buy one yourself you'll be lucky to get gloves. They give their 4 truck people 2 hours to unload a 53 " truck. 12 hours a week and wonder why they can't keep anyone?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

beenlongtime in Rome, Georgia

29 months ago

I have worked for Big Lots for 18 yrs, sure the company has issues....but really what company doesnt? Its true about not having enough payroll hours to get the job done, but if you get a good crew like the ones I have then you can take those minimal hours and use them the best way you can. Big Lots isnt for just anyone, you have to be strong willed and willing to work for yourself and your co-workers. I do wish the big guys in corporate would lighten up a bit though and give us more payroll, but if you want a stable job, good pay then Big Lots is definetly the place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

beenlongtime in Rome, Georgia

29 months ago

vst in Tucson, Arizona said: Yes It is the worst com pany to work for, the dont give enoght labor to run your busniess, they make you do things unsafe, they distric manager dont know what she is doing she alwas spects you to work a minimum of 80 hr a week from open to close with no help, loading process is the same by hand and it takes about 4 to 6 hours you too much feight, they give you about 80 hours to do your truck but that includes unloading for 5 people and ticketing but that never work because by the time you get done ticketing you have no labor left to through the truck, semo times you'll be the only one in the store because you have no labor to schedule poeple, LP distrct is an idiot every time you report something he'll find a way to blame you and accuse you of it, LP is not there to help you protect the store but in the contrary they look at you as an enemy. Good luck if you plan to work there they have a huge turn over last year and this year the distric of az lost all of it store manager and assistants because no one wante to work for the distric manager
If you would would get more educated and learn to spell you might be taken seriously at Big Lots

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Negolien in Sacramento, California

29 months ago

Almost none of the non managment employees at either store I have worked for over my 5 years with the company get more than 21 hours a week and most get 8-12. Now tell me who can pay their bills on that?

Not to mention the imposibility of unloading a 53" truck with pieces including furniture, randomly placed pallets of water and potting soil, patio items and no dock with 5 people (one being a 60 year old Ops manager) in 2 hours. WHAT ABOUT THE INTENITONAL VIOLATIONS OF OSHA POLICIES FOR PURELY COMPANAY GAIN? No excuses for this calculated effort to maxamize profits at the expense of it's associates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

MARY CHRISTINE in Oxnard, California

26 months ago

I smell a massive Lawsuit in BIGLOTS Future

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Non Morman in Las Vegas, Nevada

24 months ago

This district in Las Vegas sounds alot like the Arizona District. Unless your a male, Females are being driven out by the Male Morman who is running this district. The male managers are aloud to get away with NOT working there 40 hours an week and the female managers are required to report every minute they might leave early and it is always held over there head and going to be put in there files for review . Once he told a female manager to work up to one hour before heart surgery and then had enough nerve to ask her to take a vacation instead of sick leave. This company used to be fun to work for but this disrtict has gone down hill.Do not work for this company!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.