What are the best store manager qualifications and training to get ahead?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

What is the best training for becoming a store manager? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective store manager?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Reply - Report abuse

l in Farmingville, New York

78 months ago

Host said: What is the best training for becoming a store manager? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective store manager?

how oud do you have to be

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Darren S. Finney in Seminole, Florida

70 months ago

I have been a manager for 6 and 1/2 years in the resturant industry with extensive knowledge in budgets, profit and loss statments, scheduling, training and hiring and terminating employee's. When I with in the resturant industry, I along with my team of other managers made 6 stores Store of the Quarter from achieving outstanding numbers including (2) store that I help as a team open become part of the 6 stores with that acheivement. It was a combination of outstanding budgets, inventories, above and beyond training properly over 200 employee's to become trainer's. Also, put in the long hours and the dedication to achieve the impossible and make it a reality!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Amit Mann in Delhi, India

65 months ago

Pls... give me hurry up

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

fickle

64 months ago

Host said: What is the best training for becoming a store manager? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective store manager?

retail management is a plus. degrees also look good. there is no training school , however any classes around organization or leadership look good on a resume. most managers probably held entry level positions and worked their way up. flexible schedule is a must. any supervisory positions are helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

peter in Oshkosh, Wisconsin

54 months ago

i like canddyyyy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Management jobs in Kissimmee, Florida

44 months ago

Darren & Finney thanks for great comments & Info.....Please can anyone tell me about managements jobs with Race Trac and Ross discount store how they are to work with and moving up opportunities thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Management jobs in Kissimmee, Florida

44 months ago

Can any one please tell me how is mangers are treated with " " Ross Disounted Clothing and Race Trac Stores "" In Kissimmee & Orlando Fl area or In General also promotions opportunities any info will be very much appreciated .... Happy Holidays ...Thank You.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.