Top store manager skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every store manager must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your store manager expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

Dan Reeves in Antioch, California

78 months ago

I,m looking at the new location of Office Max in Brentwood at 6061 Lone Tree Way. I have over five years with Office Max, and had opened Five,plus was sent out many time with my pick of employee to do resets,as per the District manager (John Huspeths). I started out opening the first three into California which where BizMart,until K-Mart bought out BizMart,be coming Office Max. I live about two miles from this location,which would work out well for Office Max and myself. When I left the company in 1995, I was the assisant store manager in concord,Ca. I have a total of retail,wholesale and own businesses of over thirty-seven years. And have been many various types of managers within the buildings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

lg.mackay@verizen.net in Washington, District of Columbia

66 months ago

well over severall years of management experiences i learn whats work best for each manager . be a exellente company manager and also a teacher to you staff by teach as you grow so you team will grow with you.always follow you sop and rules regulation make change when need to make change .build a good customer relation with you customer and you staff member and be fair to life and each other in ya'll daily duty .all this is customer and human recources skills .#1 get to know you job real well and learn as you go meet the buget expectation learn to manage you store in all area posible controll you labor and payroll manage you inventory on weekley base so you could have a minimum par level and special know u inventory so you could always be ontop of bugget . #2 keys to success would come to place store well manage will produce profit remember p&l its the maine goal for all company second its inventory and ordering and final weekley forcastand sales revenue .and a clean and well stock store with product to sell a well stock store always would keep the customer happy and please mr management do not for got some thing real simple thanks the customer to visit you establishment today or each time you see the guest if you see the same guy twice in two week that customer will continue to come back just for you smile our thanks to shop my store today .so you establishment allways will be profitable .luigi mackay

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Renee Brown in Oxon Hill, Maryland

66 months ago

looking for a job at safeway

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Katy in Idaho Falls, Idaho

27 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every store manager must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your store manager expertise?

To be able to coach and develop your team to drive sales that exceed the goals and the plan your company has set for your store or district.

Must coach and adhere to policies and procedures the company has designed.

TAke on leadership in all aspects..meaning, lead by example, recruit, hire, an retain talent, able to perform multi tasks in a fast paced environment, delegate, coach and develop, follow the budget the company has directed for your store, maintain visual appearance, work with other store managers and dist managers to to execute plan and drive sales, follow all loss prevention policies

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Katy in Idaho Falls, Idaho

27 months ago

To be able to coach and develop your team to drive sales that exceed the goals and the plan your company has set for your store or district.

Must coach and adhere to policies and procedures the company has designed.

TAke on leadership in all aspects..meaning, lead by example, recruit, hire, an retain talent, able to perform multi tasks in a fast paced environment, delegate, coach and develop, follow the budget the company has directed for your store, maintain visual appearance, work with other store managers and dist managers to to execute plan and drive sales, follow all loss prevention policies

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.