salary

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Rosie in Crandall, Texas

71 months ago

Im a store manager and for the hours we work and how hard we work .I belive we are no payed enough ..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

John in Cartersville, Georgia

69 months ago

Its true, its true! Used and abused....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dawn in White Haven, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

tell me about it, corp wants wants and wants they make the big bucks while they sit on there swivel chairs and think they are making the correct decisions for us, when we carry the blood sweat and tears of everything, Store Manager saleries should all start higher than 50,000
HAY CORPORATE WHY U MAY ASK WE ARE THE BACKBONE OF YOUR COMPANY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

timtoolman in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

56 months ago

Rosie in Crandall, Texas said: Im a store manager and for the hours we work and how hard we work .I belive we are no payed enough ..

you must work for rite aid hahahah

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

David Malin in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

55 months ago

Rosie in Crandall, Texas said: Im a store manager and for the hours we work and how hard we work .I belive we are no payed enough ..

Possibly if you improved on your writing, grammer, and punctuation skills, you would be offered a higher rate of pay. No offense, just a thought.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in San Diego, California

54 months ago

David Malin in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho said: Possibly if you improved on your writing, grammer, and punctuation skills, you would be offered a higher rate of pay. No offense, just a thought.

Hey David,

Just a thought about your posting and its tackiness. I do not know if you're employed -- self or otherwise, or what field you occupy. But belittling other people regardless of their educational skills and/or occupational status is very immature.

I had work in Retail and attended college full-time. And, I DID NOT LACK "...writing, grammer [sic], and punctuation skills," as you have so impudently (childishly) put it. If I did, I am glad my scribblings did not cross your "GOLDEN DESK" of criticism -- JACKASS.

The postings by these people are legitimate grievances. Because I had worked in Retail, I sympathize and understand -- WHICH YOU DO NOT, JACKASS.

So, DON'T BE A JACKASS AND ASSUME YOU'RE BETTER OR SMARTER THAN OTHER PEOPLE YOU KNOW LITTLE OR NOTHING ABOUT. Coming across blog postings -- which as anyone knows, are not intended to be term papers, does not define someone -- JACKASS.

PS: As it turns out, YOU'RE THE ONE WHO NEEDS TO REVISIT YOUR BASIC COMPOSITIONAL SKILLS.

Sincerely,
BS Liberal Arts & Prospective Law Student

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

David Malin in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

54 months ago

Joe in San Diego, California said: Hey David,

Just a thought about your posting and its tackiness. I do not know if you're employed -- self or otherwise, or what field you occupy. But belittling other people regardless of their educational skills and/or occupational status is very immature.

I had work in Retail and attended college full-time. And, I DID NOT LACK "...writing, grammer [sic], and punctuation skills," as you have so impudently (childishly) put it. If I did, I am glad my scribblings did not cross your "GOLDEN DESK" of criticism -- JACKASS.

The postings by these people are legitimate grievances. Because I had worked in Retail, I sympathize and understand -- WHICH YOU DO NOT, JACKASS.

So, DON'T BE A JACKASS AND ASSUME YOU'RE BETTER OR SMARTER THAN OTHER PEOPLE YOU KNOW LITTLE OR NOTHING ABOUT. Coming across blog postings -- which as anyone knows, are not intended to be term papers, does not define someone -- JACKASS.

PS: As it turns out, YOU'RE THE ONE WHO NEEDS TO REVISIT YOUR BASIC COMPOSITIONAL SKILLS.

Sincerely,

lol!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

redihatesears in somewhere, California

49 months ago

Being a manager is allwhat you make of it. I have been a store manager since 1973 and the good thing is I have always been paid above the "average" scale and I have not missed a paycheck in all of those years!

A_manager in La Mesa, California

47 months ago

Rosie in Crandall, Texas said: Im a store manager and for the hours we work and how hard we work .I belive (believe) we are no payed enough ..

It might be more beneficial if you provide some sort of justification for the pay increase you feel you deserve.

ex. According to the P&L statements for the last three years (when I took over this location), I have improved the store's profitability (not simply revenue) by over $300k, and have reduced shrink by $16k over the three years since I took over this location. Yet, I only received a 3% pay increase, and a $2k in bonuses.

If the above example confuses you, you deserve what they are paying you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ms in Downers Grove, Illinois

24 months ago

Joe in San Diego, California said: Hey David,

So, DON'T BE A JACKASS AND ASSUME YOU'RE BETTER OR SMARTER THAN OTHER PEOPLE YOU KNOW LITTLE OR NOTHING ABOUT. Coming across blog postings -- which as anyone knows, are not intended to be term papers , does not define someone -- JACKASS.

Sincerely,

Very, well said!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.