Part-time programs in or around Chicago,Illinois

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Want to be a Tech in Homewood, Illinois

36 months ago

Are most of the program's only full-time day options ? i looked into Prairie state college's program and once you start the program it is 40 hours a week i need something i can hold a full-time job with work 40 hours a week and go to school part-time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lauren P in Orland Hills, Illinois

36 months ago

I am starting the program at Robert Morris inthe fall and they told me that they only have a day program. I was not told by them that I would have to go 40 hours per week though so I assume the days arent as long. I have orientation at the end of the month so I will see.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lauren P in Orland Hills, Illinois

36 months ago

I looked at the brochure for Prairie State's program and it is 40 hours a week full time but their program is only one year long. The one that I am starting is an associates that takes 15-18 months. I assume the reason the days are so long at Prairie State is because the program is shorter. You may want to check out Robert Morris and I know that one of the city colleges of Chicago has a program as well. Hope that helps.

GAEL in Evanston, Illinois

30 months ago

Hey lauren P. I'm also interested in Robert Morris. But the tuition is the only thing holding me back. Did you finaly start there? if yes, how is the program as far as hours and days? Do you like the school? Did you receive enough financial aid or you had to take out loan? Also, what about the job market, how much a new grad makes? Are you confident that you will get a job? As you may know, i was one of those ''nursing wanna be'' but i just dont see myself being a nurse. Truly. I know it is a lot of question, but am glad that i found someone going to my target school to give me an insight. Thanks for responding. :)

Lauren p in Chicago, Illinois

26 months ago

I didn't start school last year like I thought I would because I was missing more money than i was willing to pay out of pocket at the time. I got a job at a medical facility that offers tuition reimbursement and will be going this fall instead. I'm excited to start in September. I did get my schedule for last fall before I put off school til this year and initially it was going to be Monday through Thursday from 8 am to 12 pm. Hoping it will be the same this year.

Melissa in Orland Park, Illinois

16 months ago

I live in Orland, but I went to school in Indiana because it is way cheaper than in Illinois. If you need any info please let me know. I also am working in a hospital and am certified. I will help you out as much as I can.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sharie in Chicago, Illinois

14 months ago

Melissa in Orland Park, Illinois said: I live in Orland, but I went to school in Indiana because it is way cheaper than in Illinois. If you need any info please let me know. I also am working in a hospital and am certified. I will help you out as much as I can.

Hi Melissa,

I would very much like to become a surgical tech and am trying to figure out what school would be a good one to go to. I'll be moving to Hammond, IN in a couple of months so I would like to check and see which school in Indiana you would recommend. I also would like to learn a little more about how the field is for it in my area. I'd love to speak with you more about it if possible. Please email me at telecomm2006@gmail.com Thanks. :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Orland Park, Illinois

13 months ago

Hi Sharie,

I went to Everest in Merrillville, IN. The program is 1 year and that is including your externship. I loved it there! The teachers are awesome and the program will teach you so much! They will help you find a job, which is really nice.

Lucy in Chicago, Illinois

12 months ago

Lauren P...did you finish the program already? if so, give me feedback i am interested in Robert Morris! please email me at lucyduarte03@gmail.com thanks hope to hear from u :)

Lucy in Chicago, Illinois

12 months ago

Lauren p in Chicago, Illinois said: I didn't start school last year like I thought I would because I was missing more money than i was willing to pay out of pocket at the time. I got a job at a medical facility that offers tuition reimbursement and will be going this fall instead. I'm excited to start in September. I did get my schedule for last fall before I put off school til this year and initially it was going to be Monday through Thursday from 8 am to 12 pm. Hoping it will be the same this year.

Lauren P...did you finish the program already? if so, give me feedback i am interested in Robert Morris! please email me at lucyduarte03@gmail.com thanks hope to hear from u :)

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.