What do you enjoy most about your tax accountant career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a tax accountant? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

milo in Grand Rapids, Michigan

78 months ago

I really like helping people in unforseen tax messes. I like saving people money. I love research. I like that the rules are not all cut and dry . Often situations don't fit into boxes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No Reply - Report abuse

CPA in Connecticut

77 months ago

I enjoy the compliance and research aspects more so than the client service. Milo, I would be interested to hear what your work experience has been like. I used to work for one of the Big Four firms in Grand Rapids, and have since relocated within my firm to CT. I have recently decided to leave public accounting and go into industry. What is your background?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

arta in New York, New York

60 months ago

CPA in Connecticut said: I enjoy the compliance and research aspects more so than the client service. Milo, I would be interested to hear what your work experience has been like. I used to work for one of the Big Four firms in Grand Rapids, and have since relocated within my firm to CT. I have recently decided to leave public accounting and go into industry. What is your background?

Hi, I am recently graduated with an MBA in Accounting - interested in Taxation - have been looking for a job since January with no success.
Any advice/help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.