Tax preparation software and bank products

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 646)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

tony in Whatley, Alabama

85 months ago

hi, i'm planning to start a tax preparation business next year and am looking for info on rapid refund and ral loans.any help you can offer would be much appreciated,like places to get the software. you can e-mail me at tonynelson13@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (74) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Abid in Los Angeles, California

85 months ago

tony in Whatley, Alabama said: hi, i'm planning to start a tax preparation business next year and am looking for info on rapid refund and ral loans.any help you can offer would be much appreciated,like places to get the software. you can e-mail me at tonynelson13@yahoo.com

You can Look at Republic Bank, HSBC, Liberty, Bank One, River City. I use Republic bank and have no issues with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Monique Lambeth in Greensboro, North Carolina

82 months ago

Hello Everyone,

I am looking into starting my business from home. I have done a lot of research on e-filing, software, bank products, etc. I wanted to get some pointers from you all on how you got started and what methods you used to get your name out the first year. I think I will most likely use tax wise as my software for now as they seem to offer the best choices for someone just starting out. The biggest mystery to me is becoming an authorized e-filer. I am little confused about the different roles that you can choose when registering for the service. I think I would be and ERO, but I'm not quite sure. Any help with that would be appreciated to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Quiana D. Mcdaniel in Indianapolis, Indiana

81 months ago

Steve in Norcross, Georgia said: Bank product fees are getting out of hand and quite frankly so are the software fees. I have suggestions for any of those looking for a new software solution. I'm an Enrolled Agent in Georgia. You can email me at kwm8340@yahoo.com for more information.

Steve

I have found some pretty good software for less than 600.00 but not all company take the same software try taxact software and list with refund advantage for bank products. I hope this is helpful

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Quiana D. Mcdaniel in Indianapolis, Indiana

81 months ago

tony in Whatley, Alabama said: hi, i'm planning to start a tax preparation business next year and am looking for info on rapid refund and ral loans.any help you can offer would be much appreciated,like places to get the software. you can e-mail me at tonynelson13@yahoo.com

hello, I am opening up my own tax company as well and I have choose taxact for my soft ware and refund advantage for my back produces. My sure you apply for your efin ## with the irs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tina Smith in Hammond, Louisiana

79 months ago

I recently ran across this company(America's Tax Professional www.americastax.com) that offers taxwise and they also offer payment plans fior beginners. Has anyone heard of this company?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

kc692 in dothan, Alabama

79 months ago

Tina Smith in Hammond, Louisiana said: I recently ran across this company(America's Tax Professional www.americastax.com ) that offers taxwise and they also offer payment plans fior beginners. Has anyone heard of this company?

It looks like you have to have an EFIN number yourself instead of being able to file through them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bob Johnson in Pekin, Illinois

79 months ago

TaxVision Software allows independant tax professional file with your own EFIN number. Take advantage of FREE Unlimted efile service with any of thier packages.

www.ntslink.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

April in Winston Salem, North Carolina

79 months ago

I'm looking into opening a tax prep business with RAL options but my credit is not so great. Does anyone know if there is a bank that will deal with this type of situation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (66) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

teany99 in Lakewood, California

77 months ago

can anyone help me out on the first step in starting my own tax prep business? for example do i need to a business license?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LNLMORRIS@AENEAS.NET in Jackson, Tennessee

77 months ago

teany99 in Lakewood, California said: can anyone help me out on the first step in starting my own tax prep business? for example do i need to a business license?

I SUGGEST CALLING THE IRS FIRST, AND THEY WILL SEND YOU SOME FORMS TO FILL OUT ALSO ASK FOR AN ID NUMBER ON THE FORMS YOU WILL HAVE TO SUBMIT YOUR FINGER PRINT TO SEE WHELTHER YOU HAVE ACRIMINAL RECORD OR NOT. I AM TRYING TO DO THE SAME THING
HOPE THIS WILL HELP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ms. Cox in Lithonia, Georgia

71 months ago

I am trying to find out if anyone knows anything about setting your system up on a network and what software would work with what I am trying to do. I live in Georgia and my sister lives in Delaware. We both prepare taxes and we wanted to set our system up on a network with me as the administrator so that I am able to complete more complicated tax returns for her from my computer. Any help would be really appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sherry in Plainfield, Illinois

71 months ago

It's great to see so many comments about becoming a tax professional. It is very helpful to me as I am considering the idea of not just volunteering to prepare taxes but, actual generate cashflow doing something I love. I have my bachelor's in accounting and master's in corporate finance and I just need to know where to began. Guys, I want to tell you that I learned that I need to get an EFIN, Tax Software with RAC/RAL capilibities, and a network of other tax professionals from only reading this blog for roughly 10 mins. Thanks much!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Roy Burke in East Rockaway, New York

71 months ago

I am just getting started and I will be hiring a couple other seasoned pros to share my office space. I find the forum very informative.

Abid, California in San Gabriel, California

70 months ago

Ms. Cox in Lithonia, Georgia said: I am trying to find out if anyone knows anything about setting your system up on a network and what software would work with what I am trying to do. I live in Georgia and my sister lives in Delaware. We both prepare taxes and we wanted to set our system up on a network with me as the administrator so that I am able to complete more complicated tax returns for her from my computer. Any help would be really appreciated.

You can use VNC and log into her machine and do the complicated returns, her screen will pop up on yours and it will be like you are working on your won, takes away from the headache of uploading then downloading and then make changes and do the whole thing again. This way everything you do will be on her machine. To make life easy you can get a static IP or get one from dyndns.org (I don’t know how technical savvy you are, but it is not complicated).

I hope this helps you.

Ms Cox in Wilmington, Delaware

70 months ago

I am trying to find out if there is a way for me to offer rapid refund to my client through another tax preparation company. I have attempted to get approved through a couple of banks but have been told that because I have a new company with no bank product history I will have to wait and reapply for next year. I was also told that because of my previous year volume was not enough to be approved. I was basically searching for alternative routes that would be beneficial to my company. Maybe an agreement with a company that provides bank products and could transmit for my clients that would request things such as rapid refund. At my prior location, I did not serve many clients that were interested in these products but I was looking to expand in a new area and wanted that diversity. If anyone know of any such programs or alternative routes I would gladly appreciate your assistance.

Kindly,

Ms. Cox

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stephen E. Smith, EA in Gainesville, Georgia

70 months ago

Ms. Cox,

Could you please email me directly at kwm8340@yahoo.com with a contact number? I would like to speak to you directly about your alternatives.

Sincerely,

Steve

Ms Cox in Wilmington, Delaware

70 months ago

Thanks for your insight Bob. I have taken a look at TaxVision and I am still undecided as of today in the software I will use for next year. As far as trying to get preapproved, I would really prefer not to go through that process again at this point. After three of the same answers from three banks with one offering a similar alternative route as yours, I would just prefer to find a partnering tax company who would provide just that service for me. Because my loyal clientele does not request the rapid refund products, my getting paid has not been a great issue. I only recently moved to a new area and I am living in the city and there is a need for a diverse tax company here. I personally am not a promoter of rapid refund due to the high fees but I do understand that it is a need for some clients and wanted to increase my volume as well. I do thank you for your help and I will get back to you on some questions I have on your software.

Sincerely,
Ms. Cox

Ann Nichols in Long Beach, California

70 months ago

Drake Software is a tax sofeware they have all the information on the ral anticipation and of course you will have to fill out the bank application which is santa barbara bank and sure they have other options as well..just google drake... Good Luck!

BLENTERPRISES in Charlotte, North Carolina

69 months ago

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE REQUIRED CREDIT GUIDELINES FOR OBTAINING AN EFIN NUMBER OR GETTING APPROVED THROUGH SANTA BARBRA BANK?

Steve in Gainesville, Georgia

69 months ago

There are no credit guidelines for the EFIN. However, they do a criminal background check.

SBBT will run credit. They won't share exactly what they are looking for, however I do know that numerous disputes won't help you. If you would like to speak further, please feel free to contact me at kwm8340@yahoo.com. I've been in the industry for a long time as a product manager for software companies and consultant for the RAL banks. I'd be more than happy to share any insight I might have with you.

Steve

Marche Flowers in Birmingham, Alabama

69 months ago

Im trying to start up a tax prep business . Im trying to find out how I can get bank software to have my fees automatically taken out ?

lawrence in Irving, Texas

68 months ago

April in Winston Salem, North Carolina said: I'm looking into opening a tax prep business with RAL options but my credit is not so great. Does anyone know if there is a bank that will deal with this type of situation?

Just a heads up on helping ERO's get started this year! Automatically approved to do Rapid Refunds (RALS & RAC)
$1000,00 cash or money order only Using Crosslink tax software......
Using Republic Bank....
1040 Unliimited number of efiled returns Fee starts at 12.00/return Need a good EFIN...
EFIN can be new with no history!

Tell your friends and associates or have them email me here or call 214.994.2259 Must complete all applications before Christmas!!!!! There is an enrollment cutoff for all banks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ACJ in atlanta, Georgia

68 months ago

lawrence in Irving, Texas said: Just a heads up on helping ERO's get started this year! Automatically approved to do Rapid Refunds (RALS & RAC)
$1000,00 cash or money order only Using Crosslink tax software......
Using Republic Bank....
1040 Unliimited number of efiled returns Fee starts at 12.00/return Need a good EFIN...
EFIN can be new with no history!

Tell your friends and associates or have them email me here or call 214.994.2259 Must complete all applications before Christmas!!!!! There is an enrollment cutoff for all banks!

Please email me at acjtaxes at yahoo com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ACJ in atlanta, Georgia

68 months ago

I have purchased a software that unfortunately I can not use, due to no banks approving me. I have been told my 5 banks I have no history on my efin. I obtained my efin Summer 08. How do I collect my fees, if I can not get approved by a bank. Not sure if clients are willing to pay upfront.......Any suggestions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ACJ in atlanta, Georgia

68 months ago

Has anyone used crosslink tax software before? If so, how is it? Lawrence thanks for the information. Do you have any references that has used your service before like this on the forum?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike Sash in Pekin, Illinois

68 months ago

For those finding it difficult to get approved with a bank to process RALs... You may discover that a bank will only approve you to process the 7-10 day ERC/RT/RAC product. If this is the case, don't spend upwards of $1000 on software. TaxVision is offering their 1040 package for only $175.00 which is perfect for those just getting a start in the industry. You receive all 1040 forms and schedules and 1 state. Also included is unlimited e-filing with ONLY $4 federal and $2 state e-filing fees. They will also sign you up with First Security Bank allowing you to process the RT/ERC/RAC (they call it a QIK). $5 upfront commission on each check/direct deposit you process. All this is included for only $175.00. No other hidden fees. www.ntslink.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Yes I have! I said that I used Crosslink myself as an ERO in Texas. I have actually used it for six years now. I've love the sofware and they have a first class customer service support staff. You should not under estimate the importance of customer service when chosing a software.

I would encourage you to contact Crosslink directly and see for yourself. You can ask them for their testimonials and references. You should do this for all software providers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

I hope this type of service works for your needs! I've been in the business for 9 years. The banks and software providers I work with have a proven track record.

You don't have to pay for any of this I'm sure if you keep shopping around you will find some outfit out there that can do anything for free and you don't have to spend any of your own money. !!!

I'm interested in providing a good quality service to those that have been in the business as well as for the newcomers. I encourage all of you to do your research. However the clock is ticking!!

The companies I work with have been in business for 20 plus years!

68 months ago

Bob Johnson in Pekin, Illinois

I'm sure you mean well! I wish you the best of luck in saving your clients money for your program. We seem to be offering two different services here. Like apples and oranges!!

I'm okay with the public trusting what you are saying here! But we all know in the end you get what you pay for. Again, if those of you that are still undecided, you may want to continue your research. You can do efiling for FREE somewhere out there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tax Girl in Powder Springs, Georgia

68 months ago

Ms Cox in Wilmington, Delaware said: I am trying to find out if there is a way for me to offer rapid refund to my client through another tax preparation company. I have attempted to get approved through a couple of banks but have been told that because I have a new company with no bank product history I will have to wait and reapply for next year. I was also told that because of my previous year volume was not enough to be approved. I was basically searching for alternative routes that would be beneficial to my company. Maybe an agreement with a company that provides bank products and could transmit for my clients that would request things such as rapid refund. At my prior location, I did not serve many clients that were interested in these products but I was looking to expand in a new area and wanted that diversity. If anyone know of any such programs or alternative routes I would gladly appreciate your assistance.

Kindly,

Ms. Cox

Ms. Cox if you have not found the solution you've been looking for, I think that I have exactly what you're looking for. Please feel free to contact me at taxgirl2008@gmail.com

Ms. Wright in Desoto, Texas

68 months ago

I applied for my EFIN and it hasn't come yet. The IRS informed me that third party e file transmitting is an option until I receive my EFIN. Does anyone know of any companies that are reasonable in price that do third party transmitting in Dallas Texas?

ACJ in atlanta, Georgia

68 months ago

Ok, any other suggestions out there about banks not approving new ERO's... How do I collect my preparing fees if I do not offer bank products? Clients will not have my fee up front.....I have followed up on all the information here so far and nothing is working or still being declined by banks.

lawrence in Dallas, Texas

68 months ago

See you are spinning again! Let me know if I can help!

lawrence in Dallas, Texas

68 months ago

Mr. Johnson

By all means keep doing what you are doing!! I don't compete with you. For the record, I'm a consulting solution! I monitor all tax software,ero's, bureaus, and transmitters. I don't work for either!

However, you keep doing what you are doing and let's see what happens at the end of the filing season. I'm certain to have a full report on the claims that you have made here! Again, good luck to you all!

While you're at it!! When you sign up the new ERO, where is the end of year rebate or incentive pay direct to the ERO? Disclosure!

68 months ago

ACJ in atlanta, Georgia said: Ok, any other suggestions out there about banks not approving new ERO's... How do I collect my preparing fees if I do not offer bank products? Clients will not have my fee up front.....I have followed up on all the information here so far and nothing is working or still being declined by banks.

I would contact Lawrence in Dallas. I've heard great things about what he can do.

ACJ in atlanta, Georgia

68 months ago

Ms. Wright in Desoto, Texas said: I would contact Lawrence in Dallas. I've heard great things about what he can do.

Ok thanks. Have you used Lawrence in Dallas before? Lawrence, no offense. Just would like other information o rinput before I put out another $1,000.00 up front and may be out. Just a precaution. Hope you understand.

68 months ago

ACJ in atlanta, Georgia said: Ok thanks. Have you used Lawrence in Dallas before? Lawrence, no offense. Just would like other information o rinput before I put out another $1,000.00 up front and may be out. Just a precaution. Hope you understand.

I haven't personally used him yet, but I do know a lot of people who have out in the Dallas area. I got the opportunity to sit down with him and he's legit. Also I do plan to use him once my EFIN comes in. My fiancée has known him for years and has done business with him before. I hope I've helped. Good luck to you.

ACJ in atlanta, Georgia

68 months ago

ACJ in atlanta, Georgia said: Ok thanks. Have you used Lawrence in Dallas before? Lawrence, no offense. Just would like other information or input before I put out another $1,000.00 up front and may be out. Just a precaution. Hope you understand.

Lawrence if you view this, check your email.

ACJ in atlanta, Georgia

68 months ago

Ms. Wright in Desoto, Texas said: I haven't personally used him yet, but I do know a lot of people who have out in the Dallas area. I got the opportunity to sit down with him and he's legit. Also I do plan to use him once my EFIN comes in. My fiancée has known him for years and has done business with him before. I hope I've helped. Good luck to you.

Thanks for the information Ms. Wright.

ACJ in atlanta, Georgia

68 months ago

lawrence in Dallas, Texas said: Mr. Johnson

By all means keep doing what you are doing!! I don't compete with you. For the record, I'm a consulting solution! I monitor all tax software,ero's, bureaus, and transmitters. I don't work for either!

However, you keep doing what you are doing and let's see what happens at the end of the filing season. I'm certain to have a full report on the claims that you have made here! Again, good luck to you all!

While you're at it!! When you sign up the new ERO, where is the end of year rebate or incentive pay direct to the ERO? Disclosure!

Lawrence, I am back in touch....Hopefully you all will be able to assist the new ERO me. I am really interested and enjoyed speaking with your contact.

TaxDriven in Dallas, Texas

68 months ago

ACJ in Atlanta it seems the most practical thing to do with Mr. Lawrence would be to pay him on a per return basis. Since your new in the industry its the only way you won't be out of anything you didn't put out & he still gets his cut.

Diva305 in Miami, Florida

68 months ago

What ERO incentives are offered at TaxVision? Which banks are offered through the software?

Mike Sash in Pekin, Illinois

68 months ago

When working with TaxVision, you have the option of 2 banks. River City Bank, which offers RALS/QIKS(erc/rt) and First Security Bank which offers QIKS. A $5.00 upfront commission is paid on every bank product you process which is included in your weekly deposit from the bank to your ERO account. Both banks offer "volume rebates" ex. If you process 300+ bank products, a $3.00 rebate is issued starting with Bank Product #1. So if you process 350 bank products, your total incentive will be 350($5+$3) = $2,800.00 Rebates are based on Volume. NOT LOSS RATIO. *If you process 1500+ bank products your rebate is $6.00 instead of $3.00. Along with this, both banks give you an automatic $2.00 rebate on every STATE QIK you process regardless of volume. I hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ACJ in atlanta, Georgia

67 months ago

TaxDriven in Dallas, Texas said: ACJ in Atlanta it seems the most practical thing to do with Mr. Lawrence would be to pay him on a per return basis. Since your new in the industry its the only way you won't be out of anything you didn't put out & he still gets his cut.

Thanks TaxDriven, I have been in touch with Lawrence/Tax Vision and is currently awaiting their response. So far, I have had an excellent experience with customer service and that is key for me.

vanja83 in Fort Worth, Texas

67 months ago

lawrence in Dallas, Texas said: See you are spinning again! Let me know if I can help!

Lawrence, I am a new ERO as well and I'm having trouble getting approved by the banks. I'd love to hear what you have to offer. How do I contact you? You may email me at vanja83@yahoo.com. Thanks!

DO IT YOURSELF TAX SOFTWARE FOR WEBSITE in Tucker, Georgia

67 months ago

I'm a new CPA and thinking about offering tax preparation services. I would like to offer customers the opportunity to do their own taxes online, similar to what taxactline and turbo tax offer. Can someone recommend an approve software. Any comments/suggestions on how to do this? Is there anyone who currently doing this with their website? Please let me know. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

spstax

67 months ago

Hi everyone, we just our approved EFIN yesterday. Is there anyplace out there that will still let us sign up and be RAL for this year?? We really need to be able to do that.

Thanks

Ann Nichols in Long Beach, California

67 months ago

DRAKE SOFEWARE, I AM CURRENTLY A TAX PROFESSIONAL FOR LARGE TAX SERVICE
GOOD LUCK IN YOUR NEW ADVENTURE.

Anthony Amatore in Canfield, Ohio

67 months ago

Tax Girl in Powder Springs, Georgia said: Ms. Cox if you have not found the solution you've been looking for, I think that I have exactly what you're looking for. Please feel free to contact me at taxgirl2008@gmail.com

Hi Tax Girl,
As a late entry to the tax season Im searching for ral products.
Any Suggestions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.