Not Bank Approved - Need a Way to Collect Fees from Taxpayer Refund?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (45)

Dina Brown in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

67 months ago

I know some tax preparers need to collect their money from their clients refunds but don't know how to. I currently used Taxwise software and am enrolled with SBBT (Santa Barbara Bank and Trust). I was reading on Taxwise support website and noticed information about a new product being offered by Taxwise and SBBT together that allows the preparer to collect their fees from the clients refund. ****Please note that this product is only offered to tax preparers who DO NOT offer any type of bank product****

Here is a little more info on the Fee Collect:

If you file electronically, you can now deduct your professional fees from client refunds without offering refund loans or other bank products. If you'd like to offer this service called FeeCollect, please indicate your interest below. This is not a commitment, but you need to say "yes" even if you just want the option of offering FeeCollect.

Collecting your fees just got a whole lot easier! Getting clients to pay is perhaps the most difficult task facing most tax and accounting professionals. Now, you don't have to waste time and money on AR functions for any client who's getting a tax refund.

FeeCollect lets you deduct your tax preparation fees directly from your clients’ refunds. All you need to do is file the return electronically and have the client sign a simple authorization allowing you to take out your fees. The service provider will do the rest, depositing your fees directly to your designated bank account and depositing the remainder of the refund directly to the client’s account.

It doesn't get any easier ... or more automatic. You pay only $15 per tax return for this service - far less than it would cost you to collect from a slow-paying client.

This is not a loan. The funds are deposited only when the IRS pays the refund, which is normally within 10 to 14 days of filing the return. If the IRS withholds the refund for some reason, then you don't pay for the FeeCollect service.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (63) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Anthony Amatore in Canfield, Ohio

67 months ago

Hi I am using Pro Series can I use the fee collect?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Dina Brown in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

67 months ago

Anthony Amatore in Canfield, Ohio said: Hi I am using Pro Series can I use the fee collect?

No. This option is only in conjunction with Taxwise and SBBT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

tony in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

58 months ago

Who has this "fee collect" for $15? SBBT says $32. ATX is $15 if you buy software for $400...Both sound like rip offs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ann in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

55 months ago

MY EFIN IS HAS NOT COME YET--I AM A PAID PREPARER AND NEED INFO ON HOW TO E-FILE WITHOUT UTIL IT ARRIVES--IRS SAYS AROUND FEB 8

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

UncleSamExpress in Boise, Idaho

55 months ago

Ann in Tuscaloosa, Alabama said: MY EFIN IS HAS NOT COME YET--I AM A PAID PREPARER AND NEED INFO ON HOW TO E-FILE WITHOUT UTIL IT ARRIVES--IRS SAYS AROUND FEB 8

You want to check the status of your application frequently they told it it wouldn't be done for four weeks but it was done in two. Some softwares will give you a fake EFIN to use until you get a real one. You're other option would be to use a consumers software to help you clients (I recommend taxslayer.com) or you just have to do it by hand.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

JFLOWERS in Lancaster, California

54 months ago

I would like to apply as a tax preparer

Colby in Stone Mountain, Georgia

54 months ago

Ann in Tuscaloosa, Alabama said: MY EFIN IS HAS NOT COME YET--I AM A PAID PREPARER AND NEED INFO ON HOW TO E-FILE WITHOUT UTIL IT ARRIVES--IRS SAYS AROUND FEB 8

Please email me at teresa@advancetaxprep.com I may assist you with efiling and other needs such as products and resources. Please forward contact number. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris Tax in Corona, California

51 months ago

Questions:

Are there any fee collect bank products?
If bank check is not a direct deposit will I have to print out the check?

Chris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris Tax in Los Angeles, California

51 months ago

Hii:

Question:
My concern with Rals is the time to print them and follow up on them,call the client etc

Is there any way to work around it? How much time is involved in processing them?

I will be working part time my appointments

Chris

Tax Preparer in Jonesboro, Georgia

43 months ago

We are currently looking for Tax Preparer who are interested in branching out to start their own Tax Prep Service.

We will provide you with the software and bank products needed to operate your business.(at no cost to you)

If interested in please feel free to contact me at

taxprep@gmx.com

We also offer remote support!

dabrain in Macon, Georgia

43 months ago

Tax Preparer in Jonesboro, Georgia said: We are currently looking for Tax Preparer who are interested in branching out to start their own Tax Prep Service.

We will provide you with the software and bank products needed to operate your business.(at no cost to you)

taxprep@gmx.com

please email to provide further info as I already have efin#

JHOLMES313 in Detroit, Michigan

43 months ago

UncleSamExpress in Boise, Idaho said: You want to check the status of your application frequently they told it it wouldn't be done for four weeks but it was done in two. Some softwares will give you a fake EFIN to use until you get a real one. You're other option would be to use a consumers software to help you clients (I recommend taxslayer.com) or you just have to do it by hand.

WHAT SOFTWARE COMPANY WILL ACCOMODATE YOU WITH A TEMP EFIN

JHOLMES313 in Detroit, Michigan

43 months ago

Dina Brown in Murfreesboro, Tennessee said: I know some tax preparers need to collect their money from their clients refunds but don't know how to. I currently used Taxwise software and am enrolled with SBBT (Santa Barbara Bank and Trust). I was reading on Taxwise support website and noticed information about a new product being offered by Taxwise and SBBT together that allows the preparer to collect their fees from the clients refund. ****Please note that this product is only offered to tax preparers who DO NOT offer any type of bank product****

Here is a little more info on the Fee Collect:

If you file electronically, you can now deduct your professional fees from client refunds without offering refund loans or other bank products. If you'd like to offer this service called FeeCollect, please indicate your interest below. This is not a commitment, but you need to say "yes" even if you just want the option of offering FeeCollect.

Collecting your fees just got a whole lot easier! Getting clients to pay is perhaps the most difficult task facing most tax and accounting professionals. Now, you don't have to waste time and money on AR functions for any client who's getting a tax refund.

FeeCollect lets you deduct your tax preparation fees directly from your clients’ refunds. All you need to do is file the return electronically and have the client sign a simple authorization allowing you to take out your fees. The service provider will do the rest, depositing your fees directly to your designated bank account and depositing the remainder of the refund directly to the client’s account.

It doesn't get any easier ... or more automatic. You pay only $15 per tax return for this service - far less than it would cost you to collect from a slow-paying client.

This is not a loan. The funds are deposited only when the IRS pays the refund, which is normally within 10 to 14 days of filing the return. If the IRS withholds the refund for some reason, then you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kaitia in Tulsa, Oklahoma

37 months ago

Hello,
I am a new student in tax prep and I do have few questions..I plan to start my own practice with two partners,and i wanted to know how do tax preparers get a connection with bank to set up e-collect process? i want to know how i would get paid from a client's refund through this ecollect fee system.
Thank you

Mike Sash - ATLAS Financial Services in Pekin, Illinois

37 months ago

kaitia in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: Hello,
I am a new student in tax prep and I do have few questions..I plan to start my own practice with two partners,and i wanted to know how do tax preparers get a connection with bank to set up e-collect process? i want to know how i would get paid from a client's refund through this ecollect fee system.
Thank you

Hello Kaitia. Getting setup for the ecollect program is very simple. You will first need your EFIN (Electronic Filing ID Number) from the IRS. Once you have this, a bank will accept your application for ecollect. Our company, ATLAS Financial Services specializes in helping you find the correct tax software and bank to allow you to offer all these prodcuts to your potential taxpayer customers. Please visit our website at www.atlasfinancialservices.com or give us a call. One of our reps will guide you through the entire process.

Mike Sash
Director of Major Accounts
ATLAS Financial Services

tamika in Newnan, Georgia

36 months ago

Is this based upon credit? or is this automatic, if you purchased taxwise? I have been applying to banks, but no approval yet...any suggestions?

kgirl in Tulsa, Oklahoma

32 months ago

can anyone help-how do get help on getting paid from clients if I don't get approved by the banks to use bank products, not rals.i have a new efin with no history is there someway i can get help, please

marie in Houston, Texas

32 months ago

go to this website and click on links or , there you will find a program where you can collect your fees without having to use a third party bank or having your clients to pay upfront.

www.mtdbookkeepingtaxservices.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kgirl in Tulsa, Oklahoma

32 months ago

BCSG92868 in Orange, California said: If you are a tax preparer who wasn't approved for bank products or got a late start I can help you.

You will be able to process your tax seasons through my company. I do not charge any set up fee to tax preparers, and you are welcome to charge your clients any fee you want. You will be paid 70% of that fee (excluding transmission fees, debit card fees,etc). For example if you were planning to charge $150 for the preparation of the tax return, you would receive $105.00 back from my company for that return.

You can offer your clients e-collect services (this means no monies need to be paid up front). They can get direct deposit within a week to 10 days. I can also offer a tax refund debit card option.

If you would like more information, please contact Theresa at:

theresa@businessconsultingservicesgroup.com

can you please show me how i can do this.thank you

ladelewis in Houston, Texas

32 months ago

Colby in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: Please email me at teresa@advancetaxprep.com I may assist you with efiling and other needs such as products and resources. Please forward contact number. Thanks!

I am a paid preparer have not received EFIN number yet, am looking to work under contract basis, so that I may offer fee collect, have established client base and adding

ladelewis in Houston, Texas

32 months ago

BCSG92868 in Orange, California said: If you are a tax preparer who wasn't approved for bank products or got a late start I can help you.

You will be able to process your tax seasons through my company. I do not charge any set up fee to tax preparers, and you are welcome to charge your clients any fee you want. You will be paid 70% of that fee (excluding transmission fees, debit card fees,etc). For example if you were planning to charge $150 for the preparation of the tax return, you would receive $105.00 back from my company for that return.

You can offer your clients e-collect services (this means no monies need to be paid up front). They can get direct deposit within a week to 10 days. I can also offer a tax refund debit card option.

If you would like more information, please contact Theresa at:

theresa@businessconsultingservicesgroup.com

Tell me more what are the other fees not including in the 70% etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SB2012 in Atlanta, Georgia

32 months ago

ladelewis in Houston, Texas said: I am a paid preparer have not received EFIN number yet, am looking to work under contract basis, so that I may offer fee collect, have established client base and adding

-------------------------

Hi Ladelewis,

If you are still in need of a 3rd party to assist you with efile transmission and collecting your fees for the 2012 season, we are available. Contact us if you're interested.

-Mike
support@taxbiznow.com

SB2012 in Atlanta, Georgia

32 months ago

kgirl in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: can anyone help-how do get help on getting paid from clients if I don't get approved by the banks to use bank products, not rals.i have a new efin with no history is there someway i can get help, please

---------------------
Hi Kgirl,

If you are still in need of a 3rd party to assist you with efile transmission and collecting your fees for the 2012 season, we are available. Contact us if you're interested.

-Mike
support@taxbiznow.com

tsnelling in Newnan, Georgia

32 months ago

www.mytafinancial.com/ Try Ta Financial, you will get approve through them. They also offer tax preparation software (accutax), which is very good. www.accutaxsoftware.com

Otis Maxwell in Birmingham, Alabama

31 months ago

Tax Preparer in Jonesboro, Georgia said: We are currently looking for Tax Preparer who are interested in branching out to start their own Tax Prep Service.

taxprep@gmx.com

Hello my name is Otis Maxwell and I am interested in started my own tax business can you please give me more info thank you. My email is jaymax1979@gmail.com.

AccountsPlus, LLC in Atlanta, Georgia

31 months ago

3rd Party E-File in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hello All:

Our company provides 3rd party e-file services to seasoned tax business owners.
The service is provided for a small flat rate per e-filed return.
E-collect is also available for those interested.
NO percentage of your prep fees.
NO hidden fees.

Could you provide me with the information on your services? Thanks! I am seeking a way to collect my fees. I am using ProSeries as my software.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

AccountsPlus, LLC in Atlanta, Georgia

31 months ago

marie Mickens in League City, Texas said: Hi,

I have been in the tax business for twenty five years, I am a service bureau and also a transmitter. I designed a simple fee collect program that allows me to deduct my fees from my clients refund without having to use a third party such as Taxwise or SBBT. I use TaxSlayer Pro tax software, which allow me to transmitt directly into the IRS - for more information visit my website at www.mtdbookkeepingtaxservices.net the program is called by pass the middleman. Also there is not a need for RALs, the IRS has a program where taxpayers refunds are being funded in 3-4 days, it was tested this tax season and should be in place this up comming tax season.. From what I understand from software providers and other sources - rals are a thing of the pass. If you find a bank that offers rals they will be costly. I got an email from one of my sources that says the max rals are going to be limited to $2500.00 and will cost 200 to 300 dollars, not including your fee.

Marie

Could you provide me with additional information? I am using ProSeries as my software. I visited you website; however, much information was not provided on how it works.

Thanks

Lakessica in Woodbury, Georgia

31 months ago

3rd Party E-File in Atlanta, Georgia said: Sure! What email address should we send it to?

Accountsplus@live.com or lakessica.carter@youraccountsplus.com

colby in Lawrenceville, Georgia

31 months ago

Lakessica in Woodbury, Georgia said: Accountsplus@live.com or lakessica.carter@youraccountsplus.com

Hello Everyone! We are a 3rd Party E-Filer and it's not to late to get everything you need to start processing your files next week! Here's what we offer:

NO FEES TO JOIN!! Small Flat Fee Per File

** Small Flat Fee Per file / No Commission Splits
1. Free Professional Software
2. EFIN
3. Bank Products
4. Training & Support
5. Set Up Within 1 hr
6. Process In All States

Email today and get set up.. advancetaxprep@yahoo.com. Will respond immediately!

dt in Hope, Arkansas

31 months ago

ladelewis in Houston, Texas said: Tell me more what are the other fees not including in the 70% etc.

Please send info to dnpterry@hotmail.com

Roman in Alexandria, Virginia

31 months ago

Hi, I'm new in this business and I would like to know what I can do in my situation. I will prepare tax return for non resident aliens(1040nr) I have all document from client and POA. But I cant find solution to withhold my preparation fees from refunds. Also I need to wire refund outside of US. Please, I need some advise.
romanmoisiuk@gmail.com
Thank you

CPAmom in Ward, Alabama

30 months ago

colby in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: Hello Everyone! We are a 3rd Party E-Filer and it's not to late to get everything you need to start processing your files next week! Here's what we offer:

2. EFIN
3. Bank Products
4. Training & Support
5. Set Up Within 1 hr
6. Process In All States

Email today and get set up.. advancetaxprep@yahoo.com. Will respond immediately!

I am starting my own practice and don't have my EFIN yet. I have applied for it, I'm just waiting for approval. I would like to be able to file returns if needed. Also, I can't get bank approved without an EFIN. Could you send me some info.

Colby in Lilburn, Georgia

30 months ago

I will be happy to discuss our awesome program with you. Please forward your email address! Or, you may email us @ advancetaxprep@yahoo.com Thanks

David Brown in Decatur, Georgia

30 months ago

CPAmom in Ward, Alabama said: I am starting my own practice and don't have my EFIN yet. I have applied for it, I'm just waiting for approval. I would like to be able to file returns if needed. Also, I can't get bank approved without an EFIN. Could you send me some info.

Please contact us if you have not gotten a solution for processing your taxes yet,

tmtaxprep@live.com

Ricardo T in Roselle Park, New Jersey

30 months ago

colby in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: Hello Everyone! We are a 3rd Party E-Filer and it's not to late to get everything you need to start processing your files next week! Here's what we offer:

2. EFIN
3. Bank Products
4. Training & Support
5. Set Up Within 1 hr
6. Process In All States

I e-mail you also concerning this.

I have my own practice that I started recently. I was away for family reasons and wasn't able to secure my EFIN in time for this tax season. Already have returns to process so time is of the essence.

Thanks in advance
Rick

Miguel in Norwich, Connecticut

29 months ago

3rd Party E-File in Atlanta, Georgia said: Sure! What email address should we send it to?

Can you please send me more info?
afanador@mikasa.tv

tax preparer in Los Angeles, California

29 months ago

Do not do not DO NOT use ta financial. I am having the worst experience ever using them! They hold your clients checks for at least three days after they have been deposited by the irs. You will end up looking as if you are holding your clients refunds. They sent me a card that was suppose to have my fees loaded on it and it doesn't even work. This is a bank I hope goes out of business asap. Don't do it! They will ruin your business!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

very frustrated customer:(

29 months ago

tax preparer in Los Angeles, California said: Do not do not DO NOT use ta financial. I am having the worst experience ever using them! They hold your clients checks for at least three days after they have been deposited by the irs. You will end up looking as if you are holding your sent me a card that was suppose to have my fees loaded on it and it doesn't even work. This is a bank I hope goes out of business asap. Don't do it! They will ruin your business!

I was hoping my tax prep was telling me da truth I've been waiting since early Feb & here it is march no check I was told there's a hold up o. Account numbers has this happened to your clients?

losing it in las vegas in Mesa, Arizona

29 months ago

very frustrated customer:( said: I was hoping my tax prep was telling me da truth I've been waiting since early Feb & here it is march no check I was told there's a hold up o. Account numbers has this happened to your clients?

are you with TA Financial? if so good luck. not only do you sit on the phone waiting over an hour to speak to someone, when you do finally speak to someone they are rude to you AND your clients. They have been programmed to answer you with "we process everything in 24-48 hrs". Thats there only answer, and theyre sticking to it. LOL. IF YOU DEAL WITH THIS BANK YOU WILL HAVE TO LAUGH TO KEEP FROM CRYING DURING TAX SEASON. GUARANTEED. some of my clients checks have been held up to an extra week. And its not like they are waiting on deposits from the IRS. The money has been deposited and is just sitting there until they "process it". and they're answer to processing it? yep you guessed it . "24-48 hrs." everyday the 24 hr period starts over. In nine years of tax prep I have never seen a bank ran in this fashion. I joined because I thought the 'GO' card was a good option and they sound so nice and friendly when you sign up. Went thru training in December and felt very confident. Thought they were a 'best kept secret' in the industry-an alternative to the big banks. But the big banks dont hold your clients checks for three to five days. (and you cant include the weekend in that 24-48 hr period.) So if your client check is deosited on friday, then they dont start processing until Monday and you better pray your client gets their check by Wednesday. Thats '48' hrs to TA Financial.

And this is not heresay, this is coming from EXPERIENCE. Now im in the middle of tax season stuck with a bank that may ruin my business because clients have to wait to get their money from me-and they probably will be thinking they will have to wait next year for three to four additional days-even if I switch banks-so whose coming back to that

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

WTF is going on???

29 months ago

My refund was ddp on 3/12 still no check wmr says my deposit was made on 3/12 my tax prep tells me that they send her an email.when check ready to be.printed I called automating system put my social in no info on me I can't even speak to a human wth....if you know a number I can contact them & speak to live rep that will be gratful...

WTF is going on???

29 months ago

What's the contact number for ta financial live person ?

Monique in Houston, Texas

13 months ago

ladelewis in Houston, Texas said: I am a paid preparer have not received EFIN number yet, am looking to work under contract basis, so that I may offer fee collect, have established client base and adding

Let my company save you some money by joining our affiliate program as an independent contractor. We specialized in computerized state and federal preparation of individuals and businesses income tax returns for taxpayers living anywhere in the United States which is why your a good candidate for our program.

We extend to the independent contractor our 16 plus years experience, our dedicated support network of Preparers and EROs, and tools to include but not limited to software and bank products needed to operate your business.

Our company will work as an extension of your company offering you a professional discount on our services, arrange a percentage based commission or discuss any other options you may be more comfortable with making this offer an affordable opportunity for a contractor to enter the tax industry. After we assist you with the setup of your office, our team will help you with completion of your customer's tax file as well as with resolving tax questions which is a plus for someone looking to start their own tax business.

Thanks for your time and consideration and we look forward to hearing back from you. Please visit our website for more information about us.

LuskTaxService.com

For more information on becoming an independent contractor, please request through email.

Monique in Houston, Texas

13 months ago

kgirl in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: can you please show me how i can do this.thank you

Let my company save you some money by joining our affiliate program as an independent contractor. We specialized in computerized state and federal preparation of individuals and businesses income tax returns for taxpayers living anywhere in the United States which is why your a good candidate for our program.

We extend to the independent contractor our 16 plus years experience, our dedicated support network of Preparers and EROs, and tools to include but not limited to software and bank products needed to operate your business.

Our company will work as an extension of your company offering you a professional discount on our services, arrange a percentage based commission or discuss any other options you may be more comfortable with making this offer an affordable opportunity for a contractor to enter the tax industry. After we assist you with the setup of your office, our team will help you with completion of your customer's tax file as well as with resolving tax questions which is a plus for someone looking to start their own tax business.

Thanks for your time and consideration and we look forward to hearing back from you. Please visit our website for more information about us.

LuskTaxService.com

For more information on becoming an independent contractor, please request through email.

GannonServiceBureauDOTcom in Memphis, Tennessee

9 months ago

Free Tax Software!

At Gannon Service Bureau, we’re offering professional tax preparation software ABSOLUTELY FREE!

How do we do it?
We charge a small Service Bureau fee that is added to the line-item fees deducted directly from the taxpayer’s return – There is never any cost to you, and we never take your credit card information or any other form of payment!

• Industry-Leading. Due to our agreement with the corporate office, we can't say the name of the software on this postcard, but when you call, you’ll discover it’s one of the biggest brands out there – this is the full-featured cloud-based online software sold on the corporate site for thousands of dollars! Our software is comparable to other large e-file software suites such as Drake, TaxSlayer, ProSeries, Lacerte, Intuit, CrossLink, etc… and with our conversion utility, you can seamlessly carry-forward your clients’ 2012 tax information into your new software for 2013!

• No Risk. There is never any obligation to use the software after you’ve requested your logins and setup your bank products. If you find a better tax software solution this year, simply don’t use the logins – we never take your credit card number or any other form of payment. Go ahead, stick us in your back pocket – we’ll be there when you need us!

• Support & Training. We offer a wealth of training materials, setup guides, videos, & tutorials to get you going, and we back it up with superior customer service and support –call us anytime during regular business hours for help.

Check us out on the web at GannonServiceBureau.com or give us a call toll-free at 1-855-GANNON-1

Call us today – we’re all friends & family here at Gannon!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.