Crosslink Tax Software from Petz Enterprises is the worst!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Midwest Tax Group

23 months ago

I switched software companies this year from Taxwise to Crosslink tax software. The software itself seemed very user friendly but unfortunately you need more than that from a software company. My problems started when I would try and reach tech support. I was having trouble hearing the tech support over the phone. I noticed this almost every time I would have to call in. I was calling from a land line phone and realized it had to be on their end. Finally I realized that they dont use land line phones that they use a voice over IP type phone which is why I was always having trouble understanding them. Well yesterday their entire system crashed. For the entire day I couldn't reach anyone on their phone lines. I also couldn't access to their central site and print the checks that were waiting for my 3 clients nor could I transmit the return I had just done. Their website was also down making it impossible to do anything. What kind of high tech software company has all their communications tied into one system? It's ridiculous. If that system crashes, like it did, theres no way to inform your customers or allow your customers to perform their daily jobs. The only good thing about this was that it happened after tax season when my business was slow. I cannot take the risk that this might happen again especially during peak tax season. It would ruin me. I am already having to refund 3 clients who are irate their checks weren't available.

I am switching back to taxwise. I have never had a problem with trying to reach them. I suggest anyone looking to buy crosslink tax software to beware of this when making your decision.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Silver Spring, Maryland

23 months ago

Regardless of what John states. The same thing happened to me the year before after I first purchased the program. At that point the only explanation I got was that thier system crashed. As they run thier phone lines through the same system, I thought he company was out of business. It was very frustrating. Luky for me that no interuption occured during tax season, but it would be better if the company separated its phone lines so there was not so much riding on the one system. When it goes down the company is simply useless for any customer purpose.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hamilton Ruiz in Rochester, New York

14 months ago

CrossLinkTax in Tracy, California said: Thank you for the honest feedback. We do truly value it. For what it is worth, the CrossLink systems and website never crashed -- they were working the whole time. As it turned out, there was a major fiber cut in the Santa Clara, CA area that impacted networks throughout Northern California. This unfortunately prevented access to our systems and online tools.

I would encourage you to give me a call directly (this forum blocks phone number but if you call our main number off our website and dial ext 2506 you will reach directly) as I would like to personally apologize to you for your experience and have the opportunity to find out if we can retain your business .

Thank you again for your honest feedback.

John Amaya
Director of Marketing
CrossLink Professional Tax Software

John,

I called your office yesterday to discuss an issue that I am having. I loook forward to hearing from you. THis is my first year with Crosslink, and right now I regret my decision to purchase Crosslink.

Al Hamilton
Hamnilton & Ruiz

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CrossLinkTax in Tracy, California

14 months ago

Mr. Hamilton,
It appears that you are purchasing through a Service Bureau rather than directly from CrossLink. That said, we want to make sure you have a positive experience and are in the process of notifying your Service Bureau so that they can follow up directly with you and resolve your issue.

Than you,

John

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Midwest Tax Group in Cincinnati, Ohio

9 months ago

ATTN: Anyone who uses or thinks about using Crosslink Tax Software or one of their Service Bureaus. You need to read this before you make any decisions on your tax software company. I used crosslink tax software last year and was approached this year by their Service Bureau Tax Breaks Pro out of TX. I was misled from the very beginning. I was told the software was free and the banks were paying for it. This is completely false. Tax Breaks PRO charged me a per fee for each tax return and took this years end of season check that I got last year from Crosslink. I ended up paying close to $6000 this year when I only paid $1700 last year. How can this be? Well I just spoke with Stacy McClan, crosslinks attorney and she informed me that service bureaus like Tax Breaks Pro can charge customers whatever they want, she also stated they can mislead their customers and as long as they don't break any privacy laws there's nothing Crosslink will do about it. Great to know that a family run business has the moral compass of a tack. Very disappointed in Crosslink. Will never use them again and I suggest anyone else considering a service bureau to BEWARE! There is no regulation and the software companies could care less that you get cheated and lied too! This is sad because I have been in the tax business for 17 years and I thought I was pretty informed on software pricing and regulation. I was wrong and if I can be taken advantage of I know new tax businesses are as well! I will update you regarding the legal outcome of this matter! In the meantime if you want my opinion on the best software deals out there go with Intuit Pro Series! I used them this year for one of my offices and I paid only $1600 and that included everything! They also will do a deferment plan until Feb to pay for the software. You also will save your clients any tech fees that almost any other tax software charges which runs around $10-15 which you can incorporate into your fees making u more $$$

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

renalexa

2 months ago

I am using Crosslink through 1040Taxbiz, as a franchisee. I paid to be an affiliate and thought that the only additional fees would be bank fees to the tax client. However, my clients are being charged an additional $139.90, where all bout $39.95 is going to Crosslink. I was told by 1040taxbiz they could do nothing about these additional Crosslink charges. I will be looking for a replacement for next season. I feel that if I pay for the use of the software, have my own EFIN, there should be no additional fees from Crosslink.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

2 months ago

Thank you for your feedback. As you note, you are purchasing your software from 1040Taxbiz and not directly from CrossLink and as a result CrossLink does not charge you. We have notified 1040Taxbiz of your concern so that they can follow up with you.

2 months ago

renalexa said: I am using Crosslink through 1040Taxbiz, as a franchisee. I paid to be an affiliate and thought that the only additional fees would be bank fees to the tax client. However, my clients are being charged an additional $139.90, where all bout $39.95 is going to Crosslink. I was told by 1040taxbiz they could do nothing about these additional Crosslink charges. I will be looking for a replacement for next season. I feel that if I pay for the use of the software, have my own EFIN, there should be no additional fees from Crosslink.

Thank you for your feedback. As you note, you are purchasing your software from 1040Taxbiz and not directly from CrossLink and as a result CrossLink does not charge you. We have notified 1040Taxbiz of your concern so that they can follow up with you.

renalexa

2 months ago

CrossLinkTax in Tracy, California said: Thank you for your feedback. As you note, you are purchasing your software from 1040Taxbiz and not directly from CrossLink and as a result CrossLink does not charge you. We have notified 1040Taxbiz of your concern so that they can follow up with you.

Thank you. The different fees, on the invoice, say Petz Enterprises. I like the software but resent the additional fees that my clients are forced to pay. These fees force me to keep my fees higher than I would like.

Midwest Tax Group in Cincinnati, Ohio

2 months ago

I sued Crosslink and won a judgment in Hamilton County Court, Cincinnati Ohio. They have yet to pay as well. I had to hire an attorney in California to collect. They told me they were going to have all their service bureaus disclose their fees to the customers after what happened to me. Its apparent that is not the case. I would suggest filing a lawsuit against them in civil court. If you email me at midwesttaxgroup@gmail.com I will be happy to forward you my verdict and the courts legal stance.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.