Top telephone operator skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Sheri in Princeton Junction, New Jersey

70 months ago

James in Chicago, Illinois said: I was an operator for a major phone company for 13 years. I processed on an average 1300 calls per day. If you want to be a good telephone operator first, be prepared to have a headset on for and sit for long periods of time. Second ALWAYS be nice, no matter what!
Lastly, be kind and respectful but to the point, don't doddle in excessive small talk. You'll become very efficient and less stressed out from customers. Oh and also be on time; if you're scheduled to work 8am-4pm, that usually means start taking your first call at 8am, NOT arrive at work at 8am. Hope that helps.

What are some telephone operator job interview questions? Can anybody help? Ty! :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sher63 in Phoenix, Arizona

63 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every telephone operator must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your telephone operator expertise?

yes. these are not in any particular order, as they are all equally important.
BE PROFESSIONAL WHEN ANSWERING CALLS; "THANK YOU FOR CALLING ____", STATING YOUR NAME, COMPANY NAME, AND ASK "HOW MAY I DIRECT YOUR CALL?" LISTEN TO CALLER'S REQUEST, AND SAY SOMETHING LIKE: "JUST ONE MOMENT, PLEASE, THEN WHEN YOUR DEPT. IS REACH, SAY SOMETHING LIKE: "I HAVE A CALL FOR ____; TRANSFER BACK TO THE CUSTOMER AND SAY SOMETHING LIKE: "GO AHEAD, PLEASE." YOU NOW HAVE BOTH PARTIES ON THE PHONE TOGETHER AND YOU NOW DISCONNECT FROM THEM, AND PICK UP THE NEXT CALL.
I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Monika in Destin, Florida

62 months ago

How do you get a job being a Telephone operator? I am looking for a second job and I think this would be great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

rishi in London, United Kingdom

51 months ago

Monika in Destin, Florida said: How do you get a job being a Telephone operator? I am looking for a second job and I think this would be great.

look monika i dont know much but all i can say you is that just try keep hardworking defenetily you will get job. And if you want jobs you must have good communication skill which includes good listening, good speaking,politeness in your voice,talk with the caller with his or her name if you know him or her despite he or her knows you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.