Getting a territory sales manager job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

How did you get your start doing territory sales manager work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth M Dziedzic

83 months ago

Have had experince in merchanidesing pop- ups and signges in some of the Maryland stores would like to see if you have any openings in route sale for this area of Stmarys calvert clinton md Have had the opportuity to work for philp morres before

Liz dziedzic

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth M Dziedzic

83 months ago

With one of your philp M Dm in my area of waldorf md at that time Iam now in retail and looking to bettter myself

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sassafrass

70 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing territory sales manager work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

no particular degree-you have a sales personality or you don't-started as a retail merchandiser and networked at trade shows

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sam in Mobile, Alabama

48 months ago

Worked in wholesale as a local salesman calling on contractors for about three years, then took a job referrd by a colleague covering 10 states as a regional sales manager for a manufacturer. Both in the same industry.

Best advice.....pay your dues as a local sales rep not makin much money. When you have a good feel for the product/service you sell begin to look for regional or territory sales positions within the same industry.

I have a bachelors degree

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.