Sonography Schools Near Hudson Valley NY

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 85)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Susan in Highland, New York

73 months ago

Two years ago I signed up for the Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound classes at Sanford Brown in White Plains. I however didnt follow through since it took almost two hours to commute and figured its just not realistic and I would be burned out very quickly. I had heard Hudson Valley Community College in Troy offers the same certificate for about $30,000 less than Sanford Brown. I heard awful things about the school in Troy as well. Besides that, again, I would be commuting more than an hour and a half to get there. Im right in the middle of both schools. Does anyone know if Sanford Brown is worth the extra $30,000, is the school in Troy really that bad and if there are any others schools in the lower Hudson Valley area that Im not aware of that offer the sonography ultrasound/cardiovascular tech classes/certificate.
Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Zee in Newburgh, New York

73 months ago

Susan in Highland, New York said: Two years ago I signed up for the Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound classes at Sanford Brown in White Plains. I however didnt follow through since it took almost two hours to commute and figured its just not realistic and I would be burned out very quickly. I had heard Hudson Valley Community College in Troy offers the same certificate for about $30,000 less than Sanford Brown. I heard awful things about the school in Troy as well. Besides that, again, I would be commuting more than an hour and a half to get there. Im right in the middle of both schools. Does anyone know if Sanford Brown is worth the extra $30,000, is the school in Troy really that bad and if there are any others schools in the lower Hudson Valley area that Im not aware of that offer the sonography ultrasound/cardiovascular tech classes/certificate.
Thanks.

Hi Susan

My Name is Zee and I live in Newburgh.
I to have been searching and you are right about the commute, time, and reputations about the two schools you have mentioned. I found two schools that would suit me well especially one of them. First let me tell you about Eastwick college. Unfortunately for us they are in New Jersey. But the good thing is that it took me about 46 min. to get their. This college is excepting now for october session. The cost 26,000 dollars. The good thing is if you qualify they have financial aid. I spoke to a few student that are attending their now and they said the program is great but tough. They run through a 15 months program and then if I remember a 6 month internship. The other good thing is that you graduate with a A.A.S. Degree. Now for me I found That Bergen Community College in Bergen NJ was the program for me. This happens to be a great college plus is an CAAHEP college. This is very important in the job market when you graduate.You get an A.A.S.It will cost 17,000 because out of state, 4 semesters, one summer, 69 credits total, internship. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Susan in Milton, New York

73 months ago

Hi Zee. Thanks for the info.. I just last week talked to a girl who attended Hudson Valley Community College and had only accolades. Shes almost convinced me to enroll. I was wondering what the negatives were that you heard about the school.
On another note, Im wondering why my city has changed and now says Milton. Weird. Anyway, thats for the info and hope to hear back from you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Zee in Newburgh, New York

72 months ago

Susan in Milton, New York said: Hi Zee. Thanks for the info.. I just last week talked to a girl who attended Hudson Valley Community College and had only accolades. Shes almost convinced me to enroll. I was wondering what the negatives were that you heard about the school.
On another note, Im wondering why my city has changed and now says Milton. Weird. Anyway, thats for the info and hope to hear back from you.

Hi Susan,

I hope your decision for sonongraphy school is going better. As for myself, I"m still deciding and just found out of an other school in Westchester, NY. It's called iamp(institute of allied medical profesional) I was told about this (6mths+6mths internship) by a co-worker. He was there 8 years ago. Th school is part of Westchester Medical Center. I was lucky enough to be interviewed by the director. It's an accelarated program $25,000including books, scrubs. Mon thru thursday 9-3P but you must work a year before you can take the ARDM. I thought 6months would be better since I have to travel than any other program anywhere. They are an accredited Allied health school. They sounded very interested. My Issue is money but if I don't do this now I will never get a better payng job. Any way I put it, It will cost me more if I didn't do anything about my financial statis now. I have a family. Check it out some people that have gone their live in PA. Good Luck Let me know what you decide and GOOD LUCK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

EED in Bronx, New York

72 months ago

Hey, I'm gonna be attending IAMP in Manhattan in Dec. I'm worried about not being able to find a job as a tech b/c this school is not CAHEEP accredited =( I don't know what to do... is anyone here a IAMP graduate?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ZEE in Newburgh, New York

72 months ago

EED in Bronx, New York said: Hey, I'm gonna be attending IAMP in Manhattan in Dec. I'm worried about not being able to find a job as a tech b/c this school is not CAHEEP accredited =( I don't know what to do... is anyone here a IAMP graduate?

iWOULD NOT WORRY TOO MUCH AVOUT THE CEHEEP ACCREDITATION. ICALLED THEM AND NOT TOO MANY SCHOOLS GET THIS BECAUSE IT TAKES ABOUT THREE+ YEARS TO GET IT AND IT APPEARS IS A MONEY THING. LOOK AT IT THIS WAY IF ALL THE SCHOOLS COULD GET CAHEEP THEN ALL OF THE PEOPLE AS SONOGRAPHERS WOUKD NOT HAVE JOBS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

jls in Mobile, Alabama said: I have heard good things about an "online" ultrasound program ( www.academyofultrasound.com ) that offers "hands-on" scan training; which is unusual for an online program.

Check it out.

SOUND REALLY GOOD ESPECIALLY THE MONEY PART. I'M NOT SURE WHAT I'M GOING TO DO YET. I THINK I WILL SEE ABOUT A 4 YEAR DEGREE THAT I STARTED WAYS. BACK AND FINISHING THAT ON LINE IN A DEIFFERENT FIELD LIKE BIZ ADM.-HEALTH CAGE

pam in Queens Village, New York

71 months ago

hi,
i am having such a hard time finding a school in long island and queens for the ultrasound program that is accredited.. i am worried that if it's will be a wate of time going to a non accredited school...plesae let me know thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ano in New York, New York

71 months ago

EED in Bronx, New York said: Hey, I'm gonna be attending IAMP in Manhattan in Dec. I'm worried about not being able to find a job as a tech b/c this school is not CAHEEP accredited =( I don't know what to do... is anyone here a IAMP graduate?

Do not go there. They are having a lot of problems with tutors and placement sites. One student who finished didatic(theory) last September (2007) still has not finisher her 6months placement.

Get your pre-reqs and got to LIU or downstate

Mary in Pompano Beach, Florida

71 months ago

Just to let you all know, I went to Sanford Brown, formerly Ultrasound Diagnostic school here in South Florida and they were not CAHEEP accredited for which I had numerous problems when I got out. You can not sit for your registry exams right after school. You have to have 1 year clinical experience before you can sit for your ARDMS exams. No one here in Florida wants to hire you. I then had to go an additional 13 months at our Community College who was accredited. I was able to sit for my exams right after school and have worked at a local hospital and doctors office. I am now doing per diem work in the area. Good luck to all of you! Hope you do not have the same problems in your area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

MIMI7 in JERSEY CITY, New Jersey

71 months ago

Mary in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Just to let you all know, I went to Sanford Brown, formerly Ultrasound Diagnostic school here in South Florida and they were not CAHEEP accredited for which I had numerous problems when I got out. You can not sit for your registry exams right after school. You have to have 1 year clinical experience before you can sit for your ARDMS exams. No one here in Florida wants to hire you. I then had to go an additional 13 months at our Community College who was accredited. I was able to sit for my exams right after school and have worked at a local hospital and doctors office. I am now doing per diem work in the area. Good luck to all of you! Hope you do not have the same problems in your area.

Hi Mary,

I am looking to start going to school for to become and Ultrasound tech. Do you know what all of the prerequisite courses are to get into the program?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

It honestly depends on where you go. I went to 2 different schools and am now going for my Bachelor's degree in ultrasound. I learned a valuable lesson and an expensive one going to a school that was not accredited. Most schools want you to have your basics, like English 1&2, Anatomy and Physiology 1&2 (very important), Algebra and there are usually others thrown in. I actually just found the website for CAAHEP. You might want to check it out....www.caahep.org. Also, take a look at the ARDMS website since this is who you will be taking your exams through. There is a lot of good information on both. I just hate to see young as well as older students getting ripped off by these certain schools! If you need anything else, let me know. I'll try to help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MIMI7 in JERSEY CITY, New Jersey

71 months ago

Mary in Pompano Beach, Florida said: It honestly depends on where you go. I went to 2 different schools and am now going for my Bachelor's degree in ultrasound. I learned a valuable lesson and an expensive one going to a school that was not accredited. Most schools want you to have your basics, like English 1&2, Anatomy and Physiology 1&2 (very important), Algebra and there are usually others thrown in. I actually just found the website for CAAHEP. You might want to check it out....www.caahep.org. Also, take a look at the ARDMS website since this is who you will be taking your exams through. There is a lot of good information on both. I just hate to see young as well as older students getting ripped off by these certain schools! If you need anything else, let me know. I'll try to help!

Hello Mary,

Thank you so much. I have been doing my research for a few months now. There are not many schools that are accredited. They all have prerequisites.

71 months ago

You are very welcome. I had the same problem here. We have (2) schools here in Broward county that are accredited. There is (1) in Miami and (1) in West Palm Beach. Miami and West Palm Beach are a little far to travel with the traffic down here. Good luck to you! Again, if you need anything further I would be glad to help you out!

Michelle in Pompano Beach, Florida

71 months ago

Mary in Pompano Beach, Florida said: You are very welcome. I had the same problem here. We have (2) schools here in Broward county that are accredited. There is (1) in Miami and (1) in West Palm Beach. Miami and West Palm Beach are a little far to travel with the traffic down here. Good luck to you! Again, if you need anything further I would be glad to help you out!

Hi Mary I was hoping you could help me. I'm trying to get information on an Ultrasound School. I was looking at IAMP and Sanford Brown..which is now out of my list with what I have read. I was wondering if you could advise as to where would be a good place to start. IAMP is in Delray..is that the school you were talking about in West Palm Beach?

71 months ago

Hey Michelle,

I don't know what IAMP stands for, but check out the website www.caahep.org. As soon as you access, you'll be able to do a search for ultrasound in Florida and it gives you the list of the schools which are accredited. I was referring to Palm Beach Community College. You are right about Sanford Brown. That was the first school I attended which is not accredited. They do not have a very good reputation any more either. Plus the fact, it costs you an arm and a leg to go there. Since your in Pompano, another suggestion would be Keiser college. They have a very good program and a lot of good techs come out of their school. However, they are very expensive. BCC is the way to go if you have the time. I suggest doing the Radiology first because that way you can work while you are doing the ultrasound program. With the ultrasound, you can do the first 13 months which includes Abdomen, Small Parts, OB/Gyn and Physics. If you decide to go on, you can then do Echo and Neuro. If you need anything further, just let me know. I'd be glad to help you out!

Lives in Chula Vista, California

71 months ago

Mary in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Hey Michelle,

I don't know what IAMP stands for, but check out the website www.caahep.org . As soon as you access, you'll be able to do a search for ultrasound in Florida and it gives you the list of the schools which are accredited. I was referring to Palm Beach Community College. You are right about Sanford Brown. That was the first school I attended which is not accredited. They do not have a very good reputation any more either. Plus the fact, it costs you an arm and a leg to go there. Since your in Pompano, another suggestion would be Keiser college. They have a very good program and a lot of good techs come out of their school. However, they are very expensive. BCC is the way to go if you have the time. I suggest doing the Radiology first because that way you can work while you are doing the ultrasound program. With the ultrasound, you can do the first 13 months which includes Abdomen, Small Parts, OB/Gyn and Physics. If you decide to go on, you can then do Echo and Neuro. If you need anything further, just let me know. I'd be glad to help you out!

What's BCC? I have sent out my applications for Miami Dade College and Palm Beach C.C, have you heard anything about them? Do they have a waiting list? Most CAAHEP accredited schools have students on the wait list since the last supper :(

Michelle in Pompano Beach, Florida

71 months ago

BCC is Broward Community College. I am going on Thursday to find out about the course. Hopefully it will be less then IAMP-(The Institute of Allied Medical Professions) I got a call from them yesterday about the course. They said they were accredited but they didn't show up on www.caahep.org website. They also said it cost 38,500 for the 2 year course. They said they covered Abdomen, Small Parts, OB/Gyn and Physics, but I don't know about that. BCC is a lot closer for me. So as soon as I get some news about it. I'll let you know

PS THANKS MARY FOR YOUR HELP!

71 months ago

I think you'll be pleased. Even if you do the Radiology program and then the Ultrasound, it's going to be cheaper than $38,000 dollars. I heard that BCC was going to start a Bachelor's degree program for the that program. I don't know how true that is but you might want to ask them about it. Before you would get an Associate degree for Rad. Tech and one for Ultrasound Tech. Let me know what you find out and Good Luck!!!!!

71 months ago

Miami Dade and Palm Beach Community College are both accredited through CAAHEP. BCC stands for Broward Community College which you may also want to send your application too. Check out the www.caahep.org website. It's very critical nowadays that you go to an accredited school. Most hospitals, clinics and doctors offices are looking for your ARDMS registry before hiring. It used to be they only wanted you to be registered in anything, but now they are asking for registry in the different specific areas ie: Abdomen, OB/GYN, Vascular, Echo, etc. I know there are waiting lists for these schools, but remember, everyone doesn't wait for those programs. Sometimes they change their mind about the program and sometimes they go elsewhere. Ultrasound is a very tough program. A lot of people find that out when they start and end up dropping out. It isn't what they expect. Good luck with everything. If there's anything else I can help you with I sure will try. Just let me know.

echo in Baltimore, Maryland

71 months ago

Susan in Highland, New York said: Two years ago I signed up for the Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound classes at Sanford Brown in White Plains. I however didnt follow through since it took almost two hours to commute and figured its just not realistic and I would be burned out very quickly. I had heard Hudson Valley Community College in Troy offers the same certificate for about $30,000 less than Sanford Brown. I heard awful things about the school in Troy as well. Besides that, again, I would be commuting more than an hour and a half to get there. Im right in the middle of both schools. Does anyone know if Sanford Brown is worth the extra $30,000, is the school in Troy really that bad and if there are any others schools in the lower Hudson Valley area that Im not aware of that offer the sonography ultrasound/cardiovascular tech classes/certificate.
Thanks.

I have a suggestion. Since you are unable to find an Echo school- locally- how about considering an "online" program? I have a colleague who has reccommended www.academyofultrasound.com I do know it is substantially less expensive than most AND offers a "hands-on" scan lab.

It's atleast worth researching. www.academyofultrasound.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Mary in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Miami Dade and Palm Beach Community College are both accredited through CAAHEP. BCC stands for Broward Community College which you may also want to send your application too. Check out the www.caahep.org website. It's very critical nowadays that you go to an accredited school. Most hospitals, clinics and doctors offices are looking for your ARDMS registry before hiring. It used to be they only wanted you to be registered in anything, but now they are asking for registry in the different specific areas ie: Abdomen, OB/GYN, Vascular, Echo, etc. I know there are waiting lists for these schools, but remember, everyone doesn't wait for those programs. Sometimes they change their mind about the program and sometimes they go elsewhere. Ultrasound is a very tough program. A lot of people find that out when they start and end up dropping out. It isn't what they expect. Good luck with everything. If there's anything else I can help you with I sure will try. Just let me know.

I am an ECHO tech here in San Diego. I am looking to expand my sonography skills. The general US schools here in California is almost impossible to get into... impossible to start next year I meant. I am aware of going to CAAHEP accredited school. I wanted to get some info on a few colleges that I applied for. Miami Dade College, Palm Beach CC, Montgomery College in Maryland, Hudson Valley CC, and College of Southern Nevada. If anyone has any insights about this school, please share.

71 months ago

Lives in Chula Vista, California said: I am an ECHO tech here in San Diego. I am looking to expand my sonography skills. The general US schools here in California is almost impossible to get into... impossible to start next year I meant. I am aware of going to CAAHEP accredited school. I wanted to get some info on a few colleges that I applied for. Miami Dade College, Palm Beach CC, Montgomery College in Maryland, Hudson Valley CC, and College of Southern Nevada. If anyone has any insights about this school, please share.

Another thing, is Sanford Brown really that bad?? I have been in touch with them in Houston and they seem to be the only one that are willing to take me in next year...is there program worth $38k?? They are CAAHEP accredited....any suggestions

71 months ago

Sanford Brown here in Florida has a very bad reputation. This school, however, is not accredited through CAAHEP. They get you because they tell you they are accredited through the United States
Dept. of Education, but it is not through CAAHEP. I also ran into the problemn whereby no schools will accept their credit either. Broward Community College wouldn't nor would Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences. FHCHS is where I am now doing my Bachelor's degree in Ultrasound. They have an on line program which is also accredited through CAAHEP.

I don't know much about Miami or West Palm Beach besides their programs are also accredited through CAAHEP. The only problem here in Florida is the market is very flooded. You have to be very lucky to get something when doing your clinical rotation. All I've been able to get is per diem jobs. I am now looking out of state! Hope that helps you a little.

Belkis2191 in Bronx, New York

71 months ago

Hey Guys I've been surfing the net, and I'm seeing all this talk of accreditation and whatnot. I want to go to Hudson Valley Community College for the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program... I went to the CAAHEP site and it said HVCC IS accredited... but I'm worried that all I'll be getting is a certificate... will I be able to sit for the ARDMS exam? I'm a senior in HS btw :) thanks guys in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

You should be able to. You can send for a booklet or I believe ou can still access it on line also on the ARDMS website. It will tell you exactly what you'll need. I was able to sit for the exams with no problem and I only did the certificate program.

jen harris in Poughkeepsie, New York

70 months ago

Mary in Pompano Beach, Florida said: It honestly depends on where you go. I went to 2 different schools and am now going for my Bachelor's degree in ultrasound. I learned a valuable lesson and an expensive one going to a school that was not accredited. Most schools want you to have your basics, like English 1&2, Anatomy and Physiology 1&2 (very important), Algebra and there are usually others thrown in. I actually just found the website for CAAHEP. You might want to check it out....www.caahep.org. Also, take a look at the ARDMS website since this is who you will be taking your exams through. There is a lot of good information on both. I just hate to see young as well as older students getting ripped off by these certain schools! If you need anything else, let me know. I'll try to help!

Yes I was wondering if iamp is a better school because I registered for the spring class will I get a job after I am done with the program need help

70 months ago

jen harris in Poughkeepsie, New York said: Yes I was wondering if iamp is a better school because I registered for the spring class will I get a job after I am done with the program need help

If you notice, Michelle's comment states IAMP is not an accredited school through CAAHEP. You have to be very careful when they tell you the school is accredited. Ask them Accredited through whom? If not through CAAHEP, you may have problems finding a job afterwards. I don't know anything about IAMP but I would be very, very careful. Ask questions. Check out the site I have listed which are CAAHEP and ARDMS. Make sure you are going to be able to sit for your registry exams after school. I know students from Sanford Brown can not sit for ARDMS unless they have worked out in the field for a year first because they are not accredited. Here in Florida, it is very hard to get a job if you are not registered. Many businesses are starting to get tough and want you to be registered in different areas now. Go on the internet and look at job postings to get an idea of what employers are looking for. Do your homework before signing on to any school. Good luck!

krs in San Diego, California

70 months ago

jen harris in Poughkeepsie, New York said: Yes I was wondering if iamp is a better school because I registered for the spring class will I get a job after I am done with the program need help

Jen, which program did you registered for? If DMS, could you please share some info. Pre req's, wait list if any, duration of the program, but mainly tuition cost. I am interested in their DMS program.

WnabeUS tech in New York, New York

70 months ago

Mary in Pompano Beach, Florida said: If you notice, Michelle's comment states IAMP is not an accredited school through CAAHEP. You have to be very careful when they tell you the school is accredited. Ask them Accredited through whom? If not through CAAHEP, you may have problems finding a job afterwards. I don't know anything about IAMP but I would be very, very careful. Ask questions. Check out the site I have listed which are CAAHEP and ARDMS. Make sure you are going to be able to sit for your registry exams after school. I know students from Sanford Brown can not sit for ARDMS unless they have worked out in the field for a year first because they are not accredited. Here in Florida, it is very hard to get a job if you are not registered. Many businesses are starting to get tough and want you to be registered in different areas now. Go on the internet and look at job postings to get an idea of what employers are looking for. Do your homework before signing on to any school. Good luck!

Actually, IAMP in Florida is Accredited by CAAHEP.

Divine

70 months ago

Michelle in Pompano Beach, Florida said: BCC is Broward Community College. I am going on Thursday to find out about the course. Hopefully it will be less then IAMP-(The Institute of Allied Medical Professions) I got a call from them yesterday about the course. They said they were accredited but they didn't show up on www.caahep.org website. They also said it cost 38,500 for the 2 year course. They said they covered Abdomen, Small Parts, OB/Gyn and Physics, but I don't know about that. BCC is a lot closer for me. So as soon as I get some news about it. I'll let you know

PS THANKS MARY FOR YOUR HELP!

From what I gather. PBCC and BCC are for prospects that have some sort of medical license with direct patient care experience. At PBCC you can also get aboard if you have a BA or BS but you must take a specific course in order to do so, and even then, only 20 people are accepted into the program annually. You have two other options IAMP which is newly accredited by CAAHEP and Keiser both of which cost a fortune.

nicole143 in Davie, Florida

70 months ago

Mary in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Sanford Brown here in Florida has a very bad reputation. This school, however, is not accredited through CAAHEP. They get you because they tell you they are accredited through the United States
Dept. of Education, but it is not through CAAHEP. I also ran into the problemn whereby no schools will accept their credit either. Broward Community College wouldn't nor would Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences. FHCHS is where I am now doing my Bachelor's degree in Ultrasound. They have an on line program which is also accredited through CAAHEP.

I don't know much about Miami or West Palm Beach besides their programs are also accredited through CAAHEP. The only problem here in Florida is the market is very flooded. You have to be very lucky to get something when doing your clinical rotation. All I've been able to get is per diem jobs. I am now looking out of state! Hope that helps you a little.

Hi Mary I was just curious to find out I am trying to get into the radiology program at bcc to go into sonography. But my plan is to also afterwards get my bachelor's through Florida Hospital of College of Health Sciences are you in it now? If so, how are you liking it?

leesha in Center Moriches, New York

70 months ago

Has anyone here attended IAMP for sonography? I have a bachelors in health science and want to become certified in medical sonography. I know that IAMP is not accredited but because I have a B.S. I am still able to sit for the ARDMS upon finishing the program. I would rather attend IAMP then another accredited school I am looking at because the program is shorter and less vigorous.

What I want to know is will I have difficulty finding a job even though I pass the ARDMS exam because my sonography school was not accredited?

If anyone has any experience with this pleasee let me know :)

70 months ago

So far so good but it is a lot of work. If I had the time, I'd rather be sitting in the classroom. It's just very convenient when you work. If I were you, did you check to see when they are changing the degree at BCC? Someone told me they are no longer a Community College and you will be able to obtain BS degrees from them. I also heard that the Ultrasound degree would be come a BS degree when taking the 2 year Radiology first. I don't know if it is true or not and if so, when they would begin that program. You might want to check it out though. Good luck with the program.

red27 in New York, New York

70 months ago

Do not go to IAMP. THey do not have the clinical sites, people are waiting 6 months to get their clinicals. They are also having problems getting and keeping teachers. DO the Vascular sonography course at Long Island University in Brooklyn. It is cheaper , accredited and you do clinicals throughout the course. Once you have a job you can try to get retrained by the facility or do online courses to get further modalities

70 months ago

For anyone that is looking to be a sonographer, out of all the places I have researched for example: IAMP. hohokus college schools, troy,Bergen county community college,and this new online course, Bergen County happens to be the best choice. It is an accredited school, affordable, has a great reputation and you will have plenty of quidance if you need it. The criterias are the accreditation and the clinicals during your program. The challenging part is that they only pick about 40 per fall semester.
If you will to take a chance, it would be the best in the long run and your well spent.

leesha in Center Moriches, New York

70 months ago

red27 in New York, New York said: Do not go to IAMP. THey do not have the clinical sites, people are waiting 6 months to get their clinicals. They are also having problems getting and keeping teachers. DO the Vascular sonography course at Long Island University in Brooklyn. It is cheaper , accredited and you do clinicals throughout the course. Once you have a job you can try to get retrained by the facility or do online courses to get further modalities

Thanks a lot, that definitely changes things! I will most likely choose the accredited school (boces) that I was looking into.

nicole143 in Davie, Florida

70 months ago

Thanks a lot mary ya they offer bs degrees now I'm definitely going to look into that. Thanks again.

sono tech in Holbrook, New York

69 months ago

leesha in Center Moriches, New York said: Has anyone here attended IAMP for sonography? I have a bachelors in health science and want to become certified in medical sonography. I know that IAMP is not accredited but because I have a B.S. I am still able to sit for the ARDMS upon finishing the program. I would rather attend IAMP then another accredited school I am looking at because the program is shorter and less vigorous.

What I want to know is will I have difficulty finding a job even though I pass the ARDMS exam because my sonography school was not accredited?

If anyone has any experience with this pleasee let me know :)

I have been an ultrasound tech on Long Island for over 10 years and if you plan on staying in the area to get a job you better attend an accredited school BA or not means nothing. Be smart apply the right way or you will be disapointed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mike

69 months ago

Thanks.

i I just found this site for my daughter www.health.state.ny.us/professionals/doctors/radiological/schlist2.htm, also contact all the local hospitals they usually have programs within the hospital and they are reasonable. GOOD LUCK

Tina DeLonga in Simpsonville, South Carolina

69 months ago

We are relocating to West Palm Beach this month. In your opinion, what school would be good choice for utlrasound technician? THANKS.

69 months ago

Palm Beach Community College

jls in Theodore, Alabama

69 months ago

Mary in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Palm Beach Community College

Have you considered an "online" course which offers a "hands-on" scan lab near your location?

Just look at www.academyofultrasound.com. This is just a suggestion.

Good Luck with move!

VICKY in New York, New York

69 months ago

HELLO I HAVE A A.S.S. DEGREE IN APPLIED SCIENCE MAY YEARS AGO AND I WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND THE ULTRASOUND PROGRAM. I ALSO HAVE A FULL TIME JOB AND I WOULD LIKE TO FURTHER MY CAREER. WHAT CAN I DO WILL IT BE WISE TO DO ON LINE DEGREE OR GO INTO SCHOOL.

THANKS
VICKY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jadlpd1219 in Arnold, Missouri

69 months ago

I really want to attend school for sonography. However, I may have to change my career decision and enter the surgical tech or respiratory therapy program.
It is not what I want to do but I am horrible at math. I mean horrible, I am barely passing beginning algebra and the program I would attend you must have a B in college algebra. Does anyone know how much algebra most sonography programs entail once ur actually in the program??
thanks!!!

shaboo in New York, New York

69 months ago

I really want to change my career path and I would like attend school as well for ultrasound sonography. I cannot find any schools in my area that are good besides Sanford. I do not want to go there because 1)I went there last night and the advisor was to pushy about attending and could not answer some questions that I had. Which made me want to research for more schools. 2) Iam sure the interest rate for loans are ridiculous. 3)In order for me to start the program I would have to study the Medical Assistant program 11months first and then go into the Sonography for 18 months. I don't think this makes any since. So if anyone can give me any suggestions it would greatly be appreciated.

Thank You,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ava in Vero Beach, Florida

69 months ago

i wanted to know if you knew of any hospitals in the florida area that are taking ultrasound students for there clinicals. I am doing DMS online through Mountain State University. could you please help me out.

acntech2009 in Briarcliff Manor, New York

68 months ago

IAMP in Westchester is not yet accredited, but working very hard to be. They don't seem to be having the same issues the Manhattan campus is with placing students for internships. I have been very happy with my experience with them. I recommend them quite highly actually. There's a lot of bad mouthing that goes on online, and I can't help sometimes but wonder if it is more personal than general. For sure, there are some people in my class currently that work hard to find fault with anything that is thrown their way. Good luck!

T in Valley Stream, New York

68 months ago

acntech- i agree with you. i attend IAMP on LI and i have had a great experience with them, the staff is wonderful. plus i already have my extern site and im not going out until may. my teacher is extreamly smart and a great scanner, so as far as these sites go i agree, some people will find a problem in anything. i understand problems occur but over all im very happy.

vail100 in Braintree, Massachusetts

67 months ago

ava in Vero Beach, Florida said: i wanted to know if you knew of any hospitals in the florida area that are taking ultrasound students for there clinicals. I am doing DMS online through Mountain State University. could you please help me out.

Do you like the online program at Mountain State university? I'm thinking about applying...thanks

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.