Mobile Ultrasound Business

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Nanceeee in Old Bridge, New Jersey

39 months ago

Good Luck!I am interested in operating my own business too! dont know where to start.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tlady in Leander, Texas

33 months ago

Ken said: @sonowaves
@Echo in Concord
Actually, that's not entirely true.
I have a successful mobile ultrasound business that I started about a year and a half ago.
You and the Doc's can still make money if you set your business up correctly.
Build a good product and sell it. Show a Doc a legal profit with no upfront costs...
acadianasonosolutions.com

Hello Ken, I am also thinking of opening my own mobile ultrasound business. My question is did you go through a mobile ultrasound consulting company to learn about the business of mobile ultrasound? I just need a good starting point/resource.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

da32 in Dallas, Texas

33 months ago

Are you going to use a consulting company? I was thinking of doing the same.Let me know how it goes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

g17 in Indianapolis, Indiana

32 months ago

Hey guys, this company has all the answers. They help sonographers start a mobile biz. www.ultrasoundconsulting.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cardiac Imaging Diagnostics in Salt Lake City, Utah

32 months ago

Ken said: @sonowaves
@Echo in Concord
Actually, that's not entirely true.
I have a successful mobile ultrasound business that I started about a year and a half ago.
You and the Doc's can still make money if you set your business up correctly.
Build a good product and sell it. Show a Doc a legal profit with no upfront costs...
acadianasonosolutions.com

Be VERY careful! The STARK law penalty for setting it up incorrectly is $25,000 per incidence and 5 years in prison for each incidence. Basically this prevents you from billing on a per patient basis - stick with companies that are both familiar with Stark, but also who have sound and current legal advise regarding safe - harbor laws etc. With 1600 additional Obama regulators . . . its not worth jeopardizing your career. The fact that someone else does it . . . doesn't mean they are doing it correctly or meet the legal requirements. Just sayin . . .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kyle LV in Las Vegas, Nevada

32 months ago

Please elaborate on how Stark law prohibits or inhibits one's business of mobile ultrasound. I am interested on the business idea, however to my understanding, there is a huge insurance conflict of interest for those doing work in outpatient areas. I suppose it's due to a lack of accountability behind the responsibility; in a hospital a tech simply performs scans for a radiologist to interpret, but in this business model the techs carry along a lot of the conflict of interest of advice, diagnosis and interpretation of the scans which could cause legal issues, potentially malpractice. I never even thought of something to the effect of how a patient is billed or when the health provider was paid would become an issue.. Just my thoughts, please discuss further.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kengolfnut in Lafayette, Louisiana

32 months ago

Cardiac Imaging Diagnostics in Salt Lake City, Utah said: Be VERY careful! The STARK law penalty for setting it up incorrectly is $25,000 per incidence and 5 years in prison for each incidence. Basically this prevents you from billing on a per patient basis - stick with companies that are both familiar with Stark, but also who have sound and current legal advise regarding safe - harbor laws etc. With 1600 additional Obama regulators . . . its not worth jeopardizing your career. The fact that someone else does it . . . doesn't mean they are doing it correctly or meet the legal requirements. Just sayin . . .

Interesting... Seems as if you've been burned before. Did you not do your homework?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.