THINKING ABOUT GOING TO SCHOOL AT SANFORD BROWN INSTITUTE IN ISELIN NJ FOR ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGY

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 271)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

MIMI7 in JERSEY CITY, New Jersey

72 months ago

HELLO ALL,

I AM THINKING ABOUT GOING TO SCHOOL FOR DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY/ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGY. I RESIDE IN NJ AND ONE OF THE SCHOOLS THAT I KNOW OF THAT'S ACCREDITED IS SANFORD BROWN INSTITUTE IN ISELIN NJ. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE WHO ATTENDED SBI AND THE EXPERIENCE THEY HAD THERE. DO YOU FEEL YOU LEARNED ENOUGH? WERE YOU ABLE TO SIT AND TAKE THE ADRMS REGISTRY TEST RIGHT AFTER GRADUATION? HOW LONG DID IT TAKE FOR YOU TO FIND A JOB AND WHAT WAS YOUR STARTING SALARY? IF ANYONE CAN ANSWER MY QUESTIONS PLEASE REPLY TO MY MESSAGE. INTERESTED FOR PEOPLES FEEDBACK. THANKS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (199) / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

ashley in Jacksonville, Florida

72 months ago

I am going into the xray program and have done a lot of research. I would love to go into ultrasound right away however it's hard to find an accredited school under the accreditation caahep (I hope that's right). Sandford is not accredited. Be careful! You have to gain experience in the field to take test and no one will hire unlicenced techs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Hello, how are you.. Thanks for your reply... However, Sanford Brown in Iselin is accredited by CAAHEP..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

ashley in Lithonia, Georgia said: I researched the stanford brown institute in jax and they are not.

OH OK...YEAH SOME OF THEM ARE NOT ACCREDITED.....DID U TRY LOOKINGB INTO ONLINE SCHOOLS??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Hi Krishna how much is it for the program at Sanford Brown? What are the requirements to get into the program.. How long is the program?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Krishna in Woodbridge, New Jersey said: Some Sanford Brown schools are accredited; some aren't. Thankfully, the one in NJ is. Since it's accredited by the CAAHEP there really shouldn't be any reason not to at least consider it.

Hi Krishna how much is it for the program at Sanford Brown? What are the requirements to get into the program.. How long is the program?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Krishna in Woodbridge, New Jersey

72 months ago

Hey Mimi,
It's kinda pricey - it's 35K for the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program. I'm fortunate that the school is literally a five minute drive from home - one reason I'm considering it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Krishna in Woodbridge, New Jersey said: Hey Mimi,
I believe the maximum for loans is 20K, but I'm not sure. The program is 18 months long and you have to take a basic test to get in (which is really easy). You don't need to take Anatomy and Physiology and all that since they teach you that over there.

OH OK...WELL THAT'S GOOD THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY REQUIREMENTS, BESIDES TAKING A TEST..DO YOU KNOW IF IS THERE A WAITING LIST TO GET INTO THE PROGRAM? DO YOU KNOW HOW OFTEN THE CLASSES START?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Dee in Bronx, New York said: I went to SBI for medical assisting program. My intention was to get into the ultrasound program but I didn't have enough college credits and they told me that I could go back to college and get 60 credits or do the MA program. So I had some college credits and took the MA program = 60 credits and that's how much you need to get in the ultrasound program.
Now I'm planning on going back to SBI but I'm a little skeptical. I heard there's another school called IAMP, does anyone know anything about this school? I just know that it's cheaper and 16mo long. urgh so confused

HEY DEE I'M THINKING ABOUT GOING TO SCHOOL FOR THE ULTRASOUND PROGRAM..AT SBI IN ISELIN NJ THERE ARE NO REQUIREMENTS TO GET INTO THE ULTRASOUND PROGRAM...ALL U HAVE TO DO IS TAKE A ENTRANCE EXAM IS WHAT I HEARD... THE PROGRAM IS 18 MONTHS LONG AND IS CAAHEP ACCREDITED WHICH MEANS RIGHT AFTER GRADUATION U WILL BE ABLE TO SIT FOR THE ARDMS REGISTRY EXAM..SBI IN NY IS NOT ACCREDITED...I NEVER HEARD OF IAMP.... WHERE IS THAT SCHOOL LOCATED??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Hey Mimi,
The exam is just basic math and English. Really easy, you don't have to study for it. I don't think they provide a study guide, but you shouldn't need it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

The exam is just basic math and English. Really easy, you don't have to study for it. I don't think they provide a study guide, but you shouldn't need it.

Oh ok because if and when I do take the test I want to pass it, so I can get into the program. I actually plan on going to visit the school tomorrow, so hopefully all will go well and I will take things from there. Do you know if they provide you with a clinical externship and how long it is? By the way thanks for all your help..What made you decide to get into the health field?

Dee in Bronx, New York

72 months ago

Mimi I was told that u need 60 credits, I had only 19 therefore they convinced me to take the MA program which is 40 credits. maybe its different in NJ.
this is the other school

www.iamp.edu/
and the ultrasound program is 16 months at this school and it's like $26,000...so I don't know what to do.
you should go to SB in NJ since its accredited, good luck =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Dee in Bronx, New York said: Mimi I was told that u need 60 credits, I had only 19 therefore they convinced me to take the MA program which is 40 credits. maybe its different in NJ.
this is the other school

www.iamp.edu/
and the ultrasound program is 16 months at this school and it's like $26,000...so I don't know what to do.
you should go to SB in NJ since its accredited, good luck =)

Hi Dee,

Is IAMP accredited by CAAHEP? How long is the program? Do they offer day and evening classes? Are there any requirements to get into the program?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dee in Bronx, New York

72 months ago

I heard that it's not fully accredited. the program is 16 months long, they offer day and evening. I don't know if there are any requirements but I will find out and let you know.
I liked SB, they were helpful. MA program is accredited, it was a good experience, I just need a job now as a MA, I have yet to find one due to lack of experience in that field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Dee in Bronx, New York said: I heard that it's not fully accredited. the program is 16 months long, they offer day and evening. I don't know if there are any requirements but I will find out and let you know.
I liked SB, they were helpful. MA program is accredited, it was a good experience, I just need a job now as a MA, I have yet to find one due to lack of experience in that field.

How is SB job placement department? Have they sent you on any interviews?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dee in Bronx, New York

72 months ago

Yes they have but to cheap doctors offices. I went to an interview and the doc offered me $11/h and she said that I'd have to work for her for at least 1 year. Heck no. this girl I went to school with, she got a job through an agency and gets payed $16/h,, big difference.

72 months ago

Dee in Bronx, New York said: Yes they have but to cheap doctors offices. I went to an interview and the doc offered me $11/h and she said that I'd have to work for her for at least 1 year. Heck no. this girl I went to school with, she got a job through an agency and gets payed $16/h,, big difference.

Yeah that is a big difference. I would say you should take what you can get but no less than $13 an hour. Did you try to go to a employment agency?

Dee in Bronx, New York

72 months ago

I went to one but they were pretty rude. They told me that can't help me since I have only 1 month experience in that field. I desperately need a job. Do you know of any agencies in ny?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Hi Krishna I visited the school today and I was told that I have to go for Medical Assistamt first before I can get into the Ultrasound program. Is that what you have to do as well? do you have a degree or college credits??

72 months ago

DeHe in Bronx, New York said: I went to one but they were pretty rude. They told me that can't help me since I have only 1 month experience in that field. I desperately need a job. Do you know of any agencies in ny?

Hi Dee,

No I do not know of ny in NY. I think there are some in JC though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dee in Bronx, New York

72 months ago

I called SBI that's located in NY and they said that they're accredited by ACICS...is this true? I've heard that they're not accredited and now they say they are, I'm confused. I also called IAMP and they also said that they are accredited by APHIS or APHES? This is not clear to me can someone explain if you know anything about the accrediation of these schools? I'd appreciate any help. I tryed to google APHES/APHIS but couldn't find any info.

Are there any IAMP students here? I'm really interested in this school but for some reason it seems kind of fishy to me.
another thing I'd like to know, does it matter by whom the school is accredited ( CAAHEP vs ACICS) what's is the difference? If anyone can help answer these questons, I'll appreciate!!

ano in New York, New York

72 months ago

Dee in Bronx, New York said: I called SBI that's located in NY and they said that they're accredited by ACICS...is this true? I've heard that they're not accredited and now they say they are, I'm confused. I also called IAMP and they also said that they are accredited by APHIS or APHES? This is not clear to me can someone explain if you know anything about the accrediation of these schools? I'd appreciate any help. I tryed to google APHES/APHIS but couldn't find any info.

Are there any IAMP students here? I'm really interested in this school but for some reason it seems kind of fishy to me.
another thing I'd like to know, does it matter by whom the school is accredited ( CAAHEP vs ACICS) what's is the difference? If anyone can help answer these questons, I'll appreciate!!

Dee,
The only accreditation that anyone cares about is CAAHEP. If you take a course they accredit, then you can take the ARDMS exams straight away. ACIS and the others really mean nothing.
As the rumors go- IAMP is slightly better than SB (most clinics refuse to consider SB students). I was told by a lab assistant that 60% of IAMP students got jobs, but that was 2 years ago, before they expanded and there are less positions.

The best way to go is in a CAAHEP school.

been there in Saint Louis, Missouri

72 months ago

Make sure you check out local junior colleges or community colleges before attending a for-profit school. Most community colleges offer superior education to the for-profits at a lot less money.

Dee in Bronx, New York

72 months ago

Thank you so much Ano, I understand now this whole accrediation thing. They wont give you all this info you've given me in school or over the phone when I called. I find indeed forums really helpful.

72 months ago

MIMI7 in JERSEY CITY, New Jersey said: Hi Krishna I visited the school today and I was told that I have to go for Medical Assistamt first before I can get into the Ultrasound program. Is that what you have to do as well? do you have a degree or college credits??

Hey Mimi,
Nope, I didn't have to do that, but I graduated from Rutgers University back in 2004. Did they say why you needed to do that?

72 months ago

Nope, I didn't have to do that, but I graduated from Rutgers University back in 2004. Did they say why you needed to do that?

Hi Krishna,

They said I have to do it because I do not have a degree or college credits. I went to Hohokus Rets after High School for Computer Electronic Technology, but being that it was in the computer field none of my credits are able to be transferred to SBI. I'm thinking about going there for Medical Assistant first and doing what I have to do to be in the ultrasound field. What do you think?

Karen in New Hyde Park, New York

72 months ago

I just called the Garden City school, does anyone know of any info to help me in the ultrasound field with this school. I have a Bachelors degree in the business field and looking to switch careers (got laid off), thinking of ultrasound, but iffy about SB. I don't think they are accrediated, any help-info would be appreciated. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Being that you have your Bachelors Degree you can attend SB that is not accredited. Being that you have your Bachelors you will be able to sit for the ARDMS right after graduation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Karen in New Hyde Park, New York said: I just called the Garden City school, does anyone know of any info to help me in the ultrasound field with this school. I have a Bachelors degree in the business field and looking to switch careers (got laid off), thinking of ultrasound, but iffy about SB. I don't think they are accrediated, any help-info would be appreciated. thanks

Being that you have your Bachelors Degree you can attend SB that is not accredited. Being that you have your Bachelors you will be able to sit for the ARDMS right after graduation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

MIMI7 in JERSEY CITY, New Jersey said: Hi Krishna,

They said I have to do it because I do not have a degree or college credits. I went to Hohokus Rets after High School for Computer Electronic Technology, but being that it was in the computer field none of my credits are able to be transferred to SBI. I'm thinking about going there for Medical Assistant first and doing what I have to do to be in the ultrasound field. What do you think?

Hi Mimi,
I see...sorry to hear that. In that case, I think you should continue doing your research on the sonography schools that are accredited by the CAAHEP. While SBI of Iselin is definitely accredited, if you have to do the MA program as well as the DMS program, you'll end up spending a fortune.

Did you try looking up Muhlenberg? While they make you take some general classes I don't think they'll make you do an MA program first.

72 months ago

Krishna in Woodbridge, New Jersey said: Hi Mimi,
I see...sorry to hear that. In that case, I think you should continue doing your research on the sonography schools that are accredited by the CAAHEP. While SBI of Iselin is definitely accredited, if you have to do the MA program as well as the DMS program, you'll end up spending a fortune.

Did you try looking up Muhlenberg? While they make you take some general classes I don't think they'll make you do an MA program first.

Yes, I did but they have a waiting list and alot of prerequisites. I'm not sure what I am going to do..Sucks..lol

Jeannette in Staten Island, New York

72 months ago

Hey All!!

So, Mimi7 in jersey city I have read your comments, and honestly I feel that you should do what Krishna said... look for another school. I recently graduated from College of Staten Island with a Bachelor in Finance. I am sitting for that test tomorrow which I think is a little absurd being the fact I have a BS degree. I am skeptical about SBI a lot of people are knocking it if you google it and saying its really unprofessional. The college I went to was really tough, and I am fine with challenging coursework. I think I will take the test to leave my options open. I visited St. Francis College today and I think I am going to become a Physician Assistant instead. Job placement is really important especially in the economy, and if all of us don't know if these trade schools are accredited I don't know if it's wise to give them our money, or better yet have to pay back loans and not have jobs to do so!!!! w/b guys!!

Jeannette in Staten Island, New York

72 months ago

Another thing Mimi what if you become a medical assistant and you can't find a job... you have to think about that.. I work at a doctors office part time and I get $11 per hr. Not like it's a lot but I I'm not a medical assistant. Honestly I am confused as well girls. Any one know if SBI's teachers are professional maybe their rumors that their not?! but who would lie about that!! I just feel this economy is bad right now and we need to get into a field that is going to have positions and there are ultrasound tech positions. But if this school doesn't stand out from others how will we get a job over someone else? Does anyone know if it's true we can make up to 71,000 I looked it up on salary.com. To be a physician assistant has been my dream.. and I think I may just do that instead.. I am iffy as well. Any advice?!

72 months ago

Jeannette in Staten Island, New York said: Another thing Mimi what if you become a medical assistant and you can't find a job... you have to think about that.. I work at a doctors office part time and I get $11 per hr. Not like it's a lot but I I'm not a medical assistant. Honestly I am confused as well girls. Any one know if SBI's teachers are professional maybe their rumors that their not?! but who would lie about that!! I just feel this economy is bad right now and we need to get into a field that is going to have positions and there are ultrasound tech positions. But if this school doesn't stand out from others how will we get a job over someone else? Does anyone know if it's true we can make up to 71,000 I looked it up on salary.com. To be a physician assistant has been my dream.. and I think I may just do that instead.. I am iffy as well. Any advice?!

Hi Jeanette,

How are you? I thought about it and I decided that I am not going to attend SBI for Medical Assistant. I rather go to a community college or University to earn my Associates Degree in Medical Assistant, than attend school to become a Ultrasound tech. I'm thinking about taking online courses. Do you know anything about that? Would you reccomend it??

Debra in Bloomfield, New Jersey

72 months ago

Hi, I just sent for info at sanford brown in iselin. I have a bachelors degree and I took prereqs (I have all but physics and medical terminology) although I was wondering if I could clep out of medical terminology. I called umdnj and they are closed this year for september so i would have to wait a year to start next year if I get accepted. I was told in the nj/nyc area it is 35 per hour? Is that acurate? Nurses with a bsn make around 55 an hour per diem. So I am deciding to go to nursing school or radiology or ultrasound. Any advice on either program? The idea of waiting a year sitting around makes me go nuts. Is there any program in NYC that you would recommend?

Any advice is appreciated

Karen in New Hyde Park, New York

71 months ago

Jeannette in Staten Island, New York said: Another thing Mimi what if you become a medical assistant and you can't find a job... you have to think about that.. I work at a doctors office part time and I get $11 per hr. Not like it's a lot but I I'm not a medical assistant. Honestly I am confused as well girls. Any one know if SBI's teachers are professional maybe their rumors that their not?! but who would lie about that!! I just feel this economy is bad right now and we need to get into a field that is going to have positions and there are ultrasound tech positions. But if this school doesn't stand out from others how will we get a job over someone else? Does anyone know if it's true we can make up to 71,000 I looked it up on salary.com. To be a physician assistant has been my dream.. and I think I may just do that instead.. I am iffy as well. Any advice?!

I also looked up the salary and got the same #'s. My dream was (is) also to become a PA. I just think I'm too old now to start again. I already have 3 kids and have to start thinking of their college funds. -- But I am also nervous about the school. Where are you thinking of attending for your PA? I just don't think I can do the "on-call" period for a PA. I can't be "on-call" 24/7 for several weeks w/3 kids. Also confused about where to go for it? -- also scared of the economy. I got laid off this past winter and still have found nothing, that is why I started thinking of changing careers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jeannette in Staten Island, New York

71 months ago

PA's like any other medical professional no matter what economy will always be recession proof! There are a couple of schools you can attend. If I go that route I will be applying to st johns, touro college, SUNY downstate medical center, Wagner college. Wagner and touro offer a masters program in PA.

aviraj kumar in New Delhi, India

71 months ago

hi, guys I am new to this forum so this is my humble request to you all that please cooperate with me and send me updates of this forum
Thank you

rocky

[url=www.treatmentcenters.org/wisconsin]Wisconsin Treatment Centers[/url]

71 months ago

While Sanford Brown tends to have a bad reputation, the one in Iselin is accredited for two programs: Surgical Technician and Diagnostic Medical Sonography. It's accredited by the CAAHEP, which means that it's GOOD. I checked the Ripoff site, and most of the complaints (it's safe to say ALL) are for SBIs that are NOT in Iselin.

However, if you don't have a bachelor's degree then you'll have to do the MA program first, as Mimi mentioned. I'm lucky in that I have one so I can go straight to the DMS program.

poinsettia in Brooklyn, New York

71 months ago

IAMP in Ny is not accredited by CAAHEP, but because of their excellent curriculum employers and affiliated hospitals hire students from this school faster and you internship sites are extremely hands on . I am enrolled in their Diagnostic Sonography program and will be finished all classroom hours in March of 2009. Also The finaid is wonderful, I only have to come out of pocket 742 which they has spread out into 10 payments while i am in school. The loans i begin to pay 6 mos after graduation. Their job placement from what i here is excellent most of the prior graduates already had about 4 job offers before finishing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

oh yeah, any one who attends and unaccredited school is allowed to work for one year then apply for the ARDMS but there are other associations that u can apply for that employers like; SDMS (Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers, AIUM (the association for medical ultrasound). Also all future DMS should look for schools governed by the United States Dept of ED. USDOE not oly just CAAHEP accredited.

71 months ago

poinsettia in Brooklyn, New York said: oh yeah, any one who attends and unaccredited school is allowed to work for one year then apply for the ARDMS but there are other associations that u can apply for that employers like; SDMS (Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers, AIUM (the association for medical ultrasound). Also all future DMS should look for schools governed by the United States Dept of ED. USDOE not oly just CAAHEP accredited.

poinsetta- you are wrong. The hire rate has droppped recently- they are letting unqualified people on the course. They cannot hire tutors- no-one will teach. Stay away from them

71 months ago

well what is the best in Ny that wont hold u back because of lack of pre-req?

71 months ago

poinsettia in Brooklyn, New York said: well what is the best in Ny that wont hold u back because of lack of pre-req?

NONE- the only good schools need pre-reqs and are CAAHEP certified. OR do not bother- unless you want to spend $30,000 and have no job

71 months ago

R u currently in the field or r u in school if so where do u or did u attend? IAMp is JRCNMT Accredited so that isn't good for anything?

71 months ago

poinsettia in Brooklyn, New York said: R u currently in the field or r u in school if so where do u or did u attend? IAMp is JRCNMT Accredited so that isn't good for anything?

the only accreditation that counts is CAAHEP. I attended IAMP, and cannot get a job (same for 60% of my class). The placement stuff is rubbish. Do not fool yourself- there are no jobs for us. Unless you can take your ARDMS after finishing or have a contact you will not get a job

Adeceli in Staten Island, New York

71 months ago

I was going to attedn SBI but I was not feeling the vibes. Gas is to expensive and I decided to find a school ON-LINE. It took me 2 week before I finally found www.mountainstate.edu and they are the only school so far that you take (DMS) Diagnostic Medical Sonography. It's an accredited school. They asked for either HS school or College transcript. Classes start on September 29th. Apply before it's to late. The ask you to give them 5 clinis or hospitals that (they will contact themselves)you will practice you clinical requirements. You can get the AS or BA. After doing my reasearch, you'll make more money with your BA.

Program progress requires a 2.5 grade point average and a minimum grade of C in each DMS and prerequisite course.

First Semester (8 weeks July and August)
Math 100 General Math 3
ENGL 101 English Composition I 3
PSYC 201 Principles of Psychology 3
Humanities/fine arts elective 3
Total 12 credit hours

Second Semester (8 weeks October-November)
Math 102 Beginning Algebra 3
ENGL 102 English Composition II 3
HLTH 211 Medical Terminology 3
Computer science elective 3
Total 12 credit hours

Third semester (8 weeks January-February)
Math 112 Intermediate Algebra 3
BIOL 215 Human A&P I 4
BIOL 215L Human A&P I Lab 1
HLTH 103 Intro to Health Science* 2
HLTH 103L Intro Health Sci Skills Lab1 1
Communication elective 3
Total 14 credit hours

Fourth semester (8 weeks April-May)
Math 120 College Algebra 3
BIOL 216 Human A&P II 4
BIOL 216L Human A&P II Lab 1
PHYS 100 Introduction to Physics 3
Total 11 credit hours
* HLTH 212 Medical Terminology II can be taken in place of HLTH 103 and 103L.

The following is the semester breakdown for ASDMS and Certificate:

71 months ago

MIMI7 in JERSEY CITY, New Jersey said: HELLO ALL,

I AM THINKING ABOUT GOING TO SCHOOL FOR DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY/ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGY. I RESIDE IN NJ AND ONE OF THE SCHOOLS THAT I KNOW OF THAT'S ACCREDITED IS SANFORD BROWN INSTITUTE IN ISELIN NJ. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE WHO ATTENDED SBI AND THE EXPERIENCE THEY HAD THERE. DO YOU FEEL YOU LEARNED ENOUGH? WERE YOU ABLE TO SIT AND TAKE THE ADRMS REGISTRY TEST RIGHT AFTER GRADUATION? HOW LONG DID IT TAKE FOR YOU TO FIND A JOB AND WHAT WAS YOUR STARTING SALARY? IF ANYONE CAN ANSWER MY QUESTIONS PLEASE REPLY TO MY MESSAGE. INTERESTED FOR PEOPLES FEEDBACK. THANKS.

I was going to attedn SBI but I was not feeling the vibes. Gas is to expensive and I decided to find a school ON-LINE. It took me 2 week before I finally found www.mountainstate.edu and they are the only school so far that you take (DMS) Diagnostic Medical Sonography. It's an accredited school. They asked for either HS school or College transcript. Classes start on September 29th. Apply before it's to late. The ask you to give them 5 clinis or hospitals that (they will contact themselves)you will practice you clinical requirements. You can get the AS or BA. After doing my reasearch, you'll make more money with your BA.

Program progress requires a 2.5 grade point average and a minimum grade of C in each DMS and prerequisite course.

Math 100 General Math 3
Total 12 credit hours

Total 12 credit hours

BIOL 215 Human A&P I 4
HLTH 103L Intro Health Sci Skills

71 months ago

MIMI7 in JERSEY CITY, New Jersey said: Being that you have your Bachelors Degree you can attend SB that is not accredited. Being that you have your Bachelors you will be able to sit for the ARDMS right after graduation.

Math 100 General Math 3
Total 12 credit hours

Total 12 credit hours

BIOL 215 Human A&P I 4
HLTH 103L Intro Health Sci Skills Lab1 1
Communication elective 3
Total 14 credit hours

Fourth semester (8 weeks April-May)
Math 120 College Algebra 3
BIOL 216 Human A&P II 4
BIOL 216L Human A&P II Lab 1
PHYS 100 Introduction to Physics 3
Total 11 credit hours
* HLTH 212 Medical Terminology II can be taken in place of HLTH 103 and 103L.

71 months ago

CONTINUED

First Semester (July to November 2007)
DMS 101 Intro to DMS Principles 3 credit hours
DMS 200 Medical Ethics and Law 3 credit hours
DMS 202 Ultrasound Physics 3 credit hours
DMS 203 Cross-Sectional Anatomy 3 credit hours
DMS 204 Ultrasound Instrumentation 3 credit hours
Total 15 credit hours

Second Semester (November 2007 to March 2008)
DMS 205 Normal Sonography Clinical 4 credit hours
DMS 206 Pathological Images Sono 3 credit hours
DMS 207 Abdominal Sonography 5 credit hours
DMS 212 Sonography Clinical Lab 2 credit hours
DMS 213 Small Parts/PV Doppler Sono 3 credit hours
Total 17 credit hours

Third semester (March to July 2008)
DMS 208 OB/GYN Sonography 5 credit hours
DMS 209 Sonography Clinical A 5 credit hours
DMS 215 Sonography Clinical Lab 3 credit hours
DMS 304 Clinical Pathophysiology 4 credit hours
Total 17

Fourth semester (July to November 2008)
DMS 214 Sonography Clinical B 6 credit hours
Total 6 credit hours

Fifth semester (November 2008 to March 2009)
DMS 218 Sonography Clinical C 9 credit hours
Total 9 credit hours

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.