unit secretary classes

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (31)

bobbie clay

90 months ago

Does anyone know where a unit secretary class is offered in the inland empire?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (152) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Vicki in Rowland Heights, California

83 months ago

Azusa adult school

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

grace in Diamond Bar, California

81 months ago

where can you find the class in chaffey. I was looking at the website and couldn't find it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shelley in Sunnyvale, California

76 months ago

Does anyone know of any unit secretary courses offered here in the south bay area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

teresa jones in fort worth, Texas

75 months ago

need a job as unit sectary just starting out and wopuld like to know how to better myself in this field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Thomas in Bell, California

75 months ago

U really don't need to take a course as a unit secretary, you basically need secertary exp. and u need to know people that can put a good word in for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Thanks, I have worked as a pt. care sectary for a little while like only 6mo. is there anything else that I may need to know to be a unit sectary?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Thomas in Montebello, California

75 months ago

Yeah basically learn how to read doctors terrible hand writting and mecication, oh yeah basic medical termonolgy but were ever you work there still going to train you .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Thanks, sounds like I need to apply somewhere wish me luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shaunairion@comcast.net in Vancouver, Washington

64 months ago

Just wondering if, at age 51, I could still get a job as a unit secretary, or not!? I was also previously trained as an I.C.U. EKG Tech. as well & worked for 10 years at Sonora Regional Hospital.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

jazzycafe in Mentone, California

61 months ago

bobbie clay said: Does anyone know where a unit secretary class is offered in the inland empire?

Typically, there isn't a "unit secretary" class that can be taken for this position. I have been a unit secretary for 10+ years and you normally need to have taken, at the least, a medical terminology class. By having this class you will be able to read the physician orders that doctors or nurses write in the chart, so that you'll be able to transcribe them into a computer. Example: the MD writes and order for a patient to have a chest x-ray in the morning....well, depending on what hospital you work at... you'll need to enter this order in the computer and you'll need to know that an xray is in the radiology dept. and the procedure is of the chest, but this is just a small example of what we do. You should be able to read medications and dosages. However, if you are a CNA - certified nursing assistant... most to all hospital will cross train you to be a unit secretary. Also, being a unit secretary take exceptional mult-tasking skills, it's not an easy job. I just wish they paid unit secretaries what we're really worth!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jazzycafe in Mentone, California

61 months ago

Also... to everyone that wants to be a unit secretary... don't do it! Go back to school.... be an RT or RN or LVN or PT or OT... it's not worth it. In these times, you can't survive on being a unit secretary... trust me I KNOW. I've been one for 10+ years and you don't receive the respect that you should. You're given so much work and so little pay. do something else with your life.... even if you're 51!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

gina in Oxnard, California

60 months ago

Does anyone know where unit secretary class is offered in the Los Angeles or Ventura county area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Angel in Corona in Glendale, California

58 months ago

bobbie clay said: Does anyone know where a unit secretary class is offered in the inland empire?

If you go to Flexed.com and go to "other courses", they offer a 6 week course starting approx every month or two. They are in different hospitals in the area. I took mine in West Covina. I just finished the course and got my certificate. Hope this helps :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

marha in Rancho Cucamonga, California

51 months ago

Angel in Corona in Glendale, California said: If you go to Flexed.com and go to "other courses", they offer a 6 week course starting approx every month or two. They are in different hospitals in the area. I took mine in West Covina. I just finished the course and got my certificate. Hope this helps :)

Did this program help you find a job in that field?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

msdmm in Nashville, Tennessee

40 months ago

Is there a place in the Tennessee area online that I could learn unit secretary?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

greenesabrina3@yahoo.com in Mooresville, North Carolina

40 months ago

Tell me somewhere in this area thT I Cn get MUS certification. Yhanks so much

ladyg in Los Angeles, California

39 months ago

Hi Angel, in noticed that you finished your course 18 wks ago. Has that worked for you, or your just spinning your wheels? I might be taken the course in Chino in Feburary. Hope i wont be spinning my wheels. Meaning wasting my time. Please let me know if its help you in anyway and worth taken. Thank you. . .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Angel in San Bernardino, California

39 months ago

Hi Ladyg,

I'm sorry to say I had NO luck. I filled out about 200 online applications for open unit secretary positions in a 4 month period at hospitals within a 75 mile area only got 2 calls for an interview. I am very professional and did really well at both of my interviews but didn't get either position. One ended up filling the position internally and the other went with a pre-med student that was already working part time as a unit secretary at another hospital. In my experience they would almost always rather hire from within or hire someone with experience. I don't want to discourage you because it could be a totally different case now. I tried it a year and a half ago so maybe it is better now. I go to college at Orange Coast College for Cardiovascular Sonography and I start my clinicals in the hospital this semester so hopefully I'll be "in" at a hospital and get hired there once I am finished with my AS degree ( because I don't want to have the same issue I had with the unit secretary positions). I wish you the best of luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ladyg in Los Angeles, California

39 months ago

Thank you for such a fast respond! The information you gave me was sooo helpful. I kinda figured that they would prefer to hire someone that has been working in the hospital already or thru someone who knows someone. So i decided to take a CNA class so i could get "in" the hospital, hopeing that i will get some type of hands on working as a trainee Unit Secretary. Im hopeing that my certificate of a Unit Secretary will help me get there at that time. Good luck to you in your new career as a Cardiovascular Sonography, its sounds like it will all work out for you after all :)

sharonlupe in Antioch, California

39 months ago

how difficult is it, really to get a position as a unit secretary once you've taken the medical terminology class.

nikko67 in Sacramento, California

39 months ago

Flexed Ed in chino

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

Flex Ed in chino....www.flexed.com

39 months ago

Are there any unit secretary courses in the bay area preferably the east bay/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mrs. B

37 months ago

Thank you for your comment about unit secretary i went to tech for that and had only 1 interview and put in alot i mean alot of application at local hospital. That program was a waste of my time now i have to figure what i can take in the medical field that will get me a job . From frustrated in SC

Mrs. Ruck in Riverside, California

29 months ago

Angel in Corona in Glendale, California said: If you go to Flexed.com and go to "other courses", they offer a 6 week course starting approx every month or two. They are in different hospitals in the area. I took mine in West Covina. I just finished the course and got my certificate. Hope this helps :)

Were u able to find a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joshwell in Montebello, California

25 months ago

Looking for Unit Secretary Courses , anyone have any leads? Thank you ! :D

John in San Jose, California

11 months ago

Angel
am planing to take the units security at Flexed.com, how the class? was it hard? how the instructor? please give me some input am planing to take is soon. Can I have your personal email?

Thank you
John

John in San Jose, California

11 months ago

ladyg in Los Angeles, California said: Hi Angel, in noticed that you finished your course 18 wks ago. Has that worked for you, or your just spinning your wheels? I might be taken the course in Chino in Feburary. Hope i wont be spinning my wheels. Meaning wasting my time. Please let me know if its help you in anyway and worth taken. Thank you. . .

Hello
Did you end taking this courses at Flex ed?

JOhn in San Jose, California

10 months ago

nikko67 in Sacramento, California said: Flexed Ed in chino

nIkko67,
Did you take the class there?

angelacarroll13@gmail.com in Washington, District of Columbia

6 months ago

hi where are unit secretart courses in wash d.c.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.