tips only

Comments (11)

guest in Blue Springs, Missouri

65 months ago

hi.. my girlfriend just started waitressing and is only getting payed tips. she dosnt get a pay check. but her tips are coming out to be more then mimimum wage. is this legal? i thought there had to be a base hourly pay plus tips on top..

guest in Charlottesville, Virginia

64 months ago

Not legal!! Jump up and yell "rip off!" I manage a restaurant and it is required to pay people making tips at least $2.13 an hour.

Mike in Kansas City, Missouri

63 months ago

guest in Blue Springs, Missouri said: hi.. my girlfriend just started waitressing and is only getting payed tips. she dosnt get a pay check. but her tips are coming out to be more then mimimum wage. is this legal? i thought there had to be a base hourly pay plus tips on top..

WHERE DOES SHE WORK????

jeremy in Kansas City, Missouri

63 months ago

its a mexican place in Columbia MO. she told me not to get into it because she isnt planing on staying long, but i think she should get what she deserves even if its only a month or two.

Glo in Aurora, Missouri

63 months ago

guest in Blue Springs, Missouri said: hi.. my girlfriend just started waitressing and is only getting payed tips. she dosnt get a pay check. but her tips are coming out to be more then mimimum wage. is this legal? i thought there had to be a base hourly pay plus tips on top..

The wage in missouri last i checked was 3.52 more or less don't remember exact . Look it up on the net . A place in macon,mo. tried screwing me at 3.00 hr. and i came home and looked up wage and never went back there to work , called labor people on them in jeff city , mo.

kat in Mountain Grove, Missouri

62 months ago

NO

Bhillmomof2 in Cary, North Carolina

48 months ago

My daughter is a waitress and her table walked out on their check tonight. Her boss made her pay for their check. Is this legal

leskat in Warrenton, Missouri

48 months ago

No , how could she be at fault . The place she works should chalk it off as a loss and call the police . That is so terrible . If i was her i would be looking for another job .

Mmorris in Tellico Plains, Tennessee

48 months ago

Bhillmomof2 in Cary, North Carolina said: My daughter is a waitress and her table walked out on their check tonight. Her boss made her pay for their check. Is this legal

As has been stated above there is a min wage, but....a business is only required to pay min wage if the make over $500,000 per year if not then they are not under the federal wage and hr. Most states have a min wage but it is low. Now if a business is a chain then it is assumed that they make the $500,000 due to all other companies, like McDonalds Shoneys etc mom and pop's won't have to pay min wage

Alexa in Flushing, New York

37 months ago

I started working in a restaurant I worked from 10 am till 10pm basically for 12 hrs I cleaned when they opened and cleaned when they closed well I basically did everything because I was the only waitress but after those horrible 12hrs I decided to quit all I got was $40 on tip is that legal? Shouldn't they have paid me for the day? Should I go back and ask them to pay me?

Alexa in Flushing, New York

37 months ago

I started working in a restaurant I worked from 10 am till 10pm basically for 12 hrs I cleaned when they opened and cleaned when they closed well I basically did everything because I was the only waitress but after those horrible 12hrs I decided to quit all I got was $40 on tip is that legal? Shouldn't they have paid me for the day? Should I go back and ask them to pay me?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.