tips only

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

guest in Blue Springs, Missouri

56 months ago

hi.. my girlfriend just started waitressing and is only getting payed tips. she dosnt get a pay check. but her tips are coming out to be more then mimimum wage. is this legal? i thought there had to be a base hourly pay plus tips on top..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

guest in Charlottesville, Virginia

54 months ago

Not legal!! Jump up and yell "rip off!" I manage a restaurant and it is required to pay people making tips at least $2.13 an hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Kansas City, Missouri

54 months ago

guest in Blue Springs, Missouri said: hi.. my girlfriend just started waitressing and is only getting payed tips. she dosnt get a pay check. but her tips are coming out to be more then mimimum wage. is this legal? i thought there had to be a base hourly pay plus tips on top..

WHERE DOES SHE WORK????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jeremy in Kansas City, Missouri

54 months ago

its a mexican place in Columbia MO. she told me not to get into it because she isnt planing on staying long, but i think she should get what she deserves even if its only a month or two.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Glo in Aurora, Missouri

54 months ago

guest in Blue Springs, Missouri said: hi.. my girlfriend just started waitressing and is only getting payed tips. she dosnt get a pay check. but her tips are coming out to be more then mimimum wage. is this legal? i thought there had to be a base hourly pay plus tips on top..

The wage in missouri last i checked was 3.52 more or less don't remember exact . Look it up on the net . A place in macon,mo. tried screwing me at 3.00 hr. and i came home and looked up wage and never went back there to work , called labor people on them in jeff city , mo.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kat in Mountain Grove, Missouri

53 months ago

NO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bhillmomof2 in Cary, North Carolina

39 months ago

My daughter is a waitress and her table walked out on their check tonight. Her boss made her pay for their check. Is this legal

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

leskat in Warrenton, Missouri

39 months ago

No , how could she be at fault . The place she works should chalk it off as a loss and call the police . That is so terrible . If i was her i would be looking for another job .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mmorris in Tellico Plains, Tennessee

39 months ago

Bhillmomof2 in Cary, North Carolina said: My daughter is a waitress and her table walked out on their check tonight. Her boss made her pay for their check. Is this legal

As has been stated above there is a min wage, but....a business is only required to pay min wage if the make over $500,000 per year if not then they are not under the federal wage and hr. Most states have a min wage but it is low. Now if a business is a chain then it is assumed that they make the $500,000 due to all other companies, like McDonalds Shoneys etc mom and pop's won't have to pay min wage

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Alexa in Flushing, New York

28 months ago

I started working in a restaurant I worked from 10 am till 10pm basically for 12 hrs I cleaned when they opened and cleaned when they closed well I basically did everything because I was the only waitress but after those horrible 12hrs I decided to quit all I got was $40 on tip is that legal? Shouldn't they have paid me for the day? Should I go back and ask them to pay me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Alexa in Flushing, New York

28 months ago

I started working in a restaurant I worked from 10 am till 10pm basically for 12 hrs I cleaned when they opened and cleaned when they closed well I basically did everything because I was the only waitress but after those horrible 12hrs I decided to quit all I got was $40 on tip is that legal? Shouldn't they have paid me for the day? Should I go back and ask them to pay me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.