What do you enjoy most about your waiter/waitress career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a waiter/waitress? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

bcd in Raleigh, North Carolina

77 months ago

partying w/ industry kidz

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

kate in Perth, Australia

73 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about being a waiter/waitress? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

i love being a waitress cuz i always end up geting numbers from the customers lol yehh bit slurry. my boss hates it but she still loves me...we hav a hate love relationship =D wat i dislike about waiterssing is that smoe customers are reall mean and lik just so like omg my food should be here immediately i expect exceptional service blah blah blah go f urself stupid mean customer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

terryann

73 months ago

I luv meeting new people from all over the world.
People come to see this little spot on the globe called Hawaii.
I treat the ladys very classy and I always flirt with the guys.
One waitressing rule, if the guys are with a girl, always keep eye
contact with the girl.
I have been waitressing for 25 yrs, and trust me, it is an art.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

keith

69 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about being a waiter/waitress? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

I have been a server for a long time . I do have a problem when mangement does not care many times if we make money or not.they take us for granted for cheap labor,they dont cut appropiatly, i dont care how long you are there you usually dont get a raise.you live off tips you have to tip out bartenders who make a higher hourly rate but we make below min. wage and sometimes have to tip bussers ,bartenders,and even hosts (sometimes) all for 2.13 at least in the state of nj . yeah for the most part most people tip well but instead of putting gratuity on partys of 6 or 8 more people I feel gratutiy should be added for checks of 70.00$ or more .I would love to get some types of laws in place to help servers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

keith

69 months ago

keith said: I have been a server for a long time . I do have a problem when mangement does not care many times if we make money or not.they take us for granted for cheap labor,they dont cut appropiatly, i dont care how long you are there you usually dont get a raise.you live off tips you have to tip out bartenders who make a higher hourly rate but we make below min. wage and sometimes have to tip bussers ,bartenders,and even hosts (sometimes) all for 2.13 at least in the state of nj . yeah for the most part most people tip well but instead of putting gratuity on partys of 6 or 8 more people I feel gratutiy should be added for checks of 70.00$ or more .I would love to get some types of laws in place to help servers.

you dont lie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

John in Starkville, Mississippi

69 months ago

The best part about being a server for me is meeting new people and walking out with cash in hand every day or night. Also the idea of not knowing if it is going to be a busy or slow night. Many chain restaurants stay busy constantly and never slow down throughout the year. At my restaurant, we have extremely busy days (college game days) and then days when we might have 50 tables all day long. The worst part of the job is probably the wage - 2.13 hr.. It is awful, but you almost always make more than enough throughout the week in tips. The job can be very challenging on busy days to very lax during morning/lunch shifts and easy. I have been serving tables for 3 years now and i've pretty much turned it into a career. I'm looking forward to management in the near future. There is almost always oppurtunity for growth in the restaurant business as long as your willing, motivated, and hard working. Good luck servers!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Becky in Greer, South Carolina

68 months ago

kate in Perth, Australia said: i love being a waitress cuz i always end up geting numbers from the customers lol yehh bit slurry. my boss hates it but she still loves me...we hav a hate love relationship =D wat i dislike about waiterssing is that smoe customers are reall mean and lik just so like omg my food should be here immediately i expect exceptional service blah blah blah go f urself stupid mean customer

I thought allowing a 12yr old to wait tables was illegal?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.