career change

Comments (24)

Jean in Havertown, Pennsylvania

99 months ago

I have worked as a waitress for many years. I need a career change,because this job is getting very old. I can not think of anything I can do,but be a server.Can someone out their give me a few ideas? I would really appreciate all the help I can get. Thank you

Amy in Simcoe, Ontario

89 months ago

maybe if you want to travel... you can work on private charter yachts out of florida... making about $4000/month... or possibly more.

Jean in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

Thanks Amy,
I don't like to travel. I was thinking.maybe working with the handicap.

carenmo@comcast.net in Abington, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

hi, where in phila. r u? i'm in the northern burbs - i'm a yoga/pilates teacher seeking someone smart to partner with - tell me more about yourself.
hope to hear from u.

89 months ago

Hello! I don't live in Philly. I live at least 30 miles outside of Philly.
I am middle age. And I have been a server for more than 30 year.And experience with everything that goes with the business. I'm just looking for a differant type of job,with benefits.Like I said before,maybe working with handicap children.

bcd in Raleigh, North Carolina

87 months ago

good luck! Finance, marketing, hr. There are a million things to do!

Me in Kingston, Ontario

87 months ago

If you would like to work with Handicaps, I highly suggest a profession in nursing...you may have to go to school for a few years but you get a lot out of it and you can transfer your waiting/people/social skills over. I just warn you that in the first few years you deal with a lot of crap, but it gets better, just like waiting!

87 months ago

bcd in Raleigh, North Carolina said: good luck! Finance, marketing, hr. There are a million things to do!

Thanks! I need suggestions to choose. I don't have a clue.

Stephen in Stoughton, Massachusetts

85 months ago

Think about what you like to do. Do you like to garden? Look for a job in a garden shop. Do you like to read? Maybe work in a book store. There is a site called continuingcareers.com. Check it out for more tips on changing careers.

Good luck!

Kristie in San Ramon, California

70 months ago

If you have the experience dealing with the public, try hotels. They are always looking for freindly outgoing people. Its a steady job and usually good benefits, also most hotels always look within for promotions. In no time you could become a manager.

Jeannie in Marcus Hook, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

Stephen in Stoughton, Massachusetts said: Think about what you like to do. Do you like to garden? Look for a job in a garden shop. Do you like to read? Maybe work in a book store. There is a site called continuingcareers.com. Check it out for more tips on changing careers.

Good luck!

Hello Stephen,
Sorry I took so long to post. But I didn't get your e-mail 15 months ago. I'm going to check out the website that you sujected. Thanks!

70 months ago

Kristie in San Ramon, California said: If you have the experience dealing with the public, try hotels. They are always looking for freindly outgoing people. Its a steady job and usually good benefits, also most hotels always look within for promotions. In no time you could become a manager.

Hello Kristie,
Just received your e-mail. Thanks I'll check it out. Jeannie

kema00032 in Saint Paul, Minnesota

66 months ago

Jean in Havertown, Pennsylvania said: I have worked as a waitress for many years. I need a career change,because this job is getting very old. I can not think of anything I can do,but be a server.Can someone out their give me a few ideas? I would really appreciate all the help I can get. Thank you

I hear ya!! I have been a waitress for 22 years and now my back and wrists are giving out on me. I cant think of anything else to do for work either. Maybe some at home internet work. typing or something.

caren ross in Ambler, Pennsylvania

66 months ago

anyone want to partner in business - if yes, what kind? national yoga/pilates - something else?

Nat in New York, New York

66 months ago

Amy in Simcoe, Ontario said: maybe if you want to travel... you can work on private charter yachts out of florida... making about $4000/month... or possibly more.

Hi Amy,
I love traveling and really want to change my career too.
Can you suggest or give me some more details about the Charter Yachts.
I am already 30 yrs. Is that too old?
Thank you!!

szarmachd in Beacon Falls, Connecticut

64 months ago

I too have been a waitress all my life. I recently started a part-time job in Donald Trumps new business venture. I now plan on retiring using this "part-time" job. Thetrumpnetwork.com/Donna. If you would like more information e-mail me @ szarmachd@yahoo.com.

jeannie in Aston, Pennsylvania

64 months ago

Hello! I would like to have more information,please.

szarmachd in East Haven, Connecticut

64 months ago

Go to jointnt.com & click on the diamond. That will give you the basic information about the company. If you are still interested at that point please e-mail me with your e-mail address and I will send you my phone number. I am so happy I dicovered the trump network! I am 42 yrs old and needless to say I am tired of working double shifts!! I am almost to the point where that will no longer be necessary annd I am looking forward to driving a car that Donald Trump is paying for!!!Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you, Donna

jeannie in Aston, Pennsylvania

64 months ago

I thank-you very much for your information. But I'm not interested in selling. I'm not a very good salesperson.

szarmachd in East Haven, Connecticut

64 months ago

jeannie in Aston, Pennsylvania said: I thank-you very much for your information. But I'm not interested in selling. I'm not a very good salesperson.

You are funny...you have been a waitress for 20 ...You ARE a sales person!! :) I hope you are able to find something that suits you..Good luck!! Donna

s. stork in North Brunswick, New Jersey

63 months ago

Jean in Havertown, Pennsylvania said: I have worked as a waitress for many years. I need a career change,because this job is getting very old. I can not think of anything I can do,but be a server.Can someone out their give me a few ideas? I would really appreciate all the help I can get. Thank you

A mother of friend of mine was a waitress for many years like you, low pay no benefits. She got a job in the hospital working with the meals delivery initially, then as a nutritionalist. The job paid better, and she also got good benifits

server make crazy money!! in Surrey, British Columbia

34 months ago

s. stork in North Brunswick, New Jersey said: A mother of friend of mine was a waitress for many years like you, low pay no benefits. She got a job in the hospital working with the meals delivery initially, then as a nutritionalist. The job paid better, and she also got good benifits

Low pay?? no way!! I am a server, I have been serving for 10 years , the reason why we serve for so long, is becouse of the money!! I would tell u how much i make an hour , but u wouldnt belive it !!!

34 months ago

s. stork in North Brunswick, New Jersey said: A mother of friend of mine was a waitress for many years like you, low pay no benefits. She got a job in the hospital working with the meals delivery initially, then as a nutritionalist. The job paid better, and she also got good benifits

Thanks for being so kind,and sharing. My update is, I'm still a server (2 days a Week}. I've been writing a novel, which is almost done. That's the easy part. There's a lot of editing,to be done. When everything is said and done. Maybe I'll be a published author.
I have maybe four yrs before I retire. So, working in the hospital, with the meal delivery, sounds great with benefits.

somewhere, somehow in Simpsonville, South Carolina

24 months ago

server make crazy money!! in Surrey, British Columbia said: Low pay?? no way!! I am a server, I have been serving for 10 years , the reason why we serve for so long, is becouse of the money!! I would tell u how much i make an hour , but u wouldnt belive it !!!

No, you see, it's different in the states. I've been to Canada, and know a lot of people in Canada that are servers. You get paid a lot more on top of the tips. Two totally different worlds. I know servers here who get paid,you won't believe it, 2.33 PER HOUR. Tell me that isn't horse s***.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.