Aldi Warehouse/Batavia , IL

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Been There Done That in Bloomingdale, Illinois

73 months ago

Has anyone in the Chicago suburbs here tried to apply for the warehouse jobs in Batavia? Do they even hire FEMALES? I've applied w/ them countless times, only to never get a phone call for an interview. BTW,all you people here clamoring for a job,this is ONLY a forum to speak about this company. It is NOT where you APPLY to this company.You will have to look online/in newspapers in your OWN area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

daisymay in Schaumburg, Illinois

67 months ago

Been There Done That in Bloomingdale, Illinois said: Has anyone in the Chicago suburbs here tried to apply for the warehouse jobs in Batavia? Do they even hire FEMALES? I've applied w/ them countless times, only to never get a phone call for an interview. BTW,all you people here clamoring for a job,this is ONLY a forum to speak about this company. It is NOT where you APPLY to this company.You will have to look online/in newspapers in your OWN area.

I cannot figure their hiring process. I went to apply for a cashier job in Elgin Il which composed everything from moping the floor to stocking etc. It was at a job fair inside the store. I did a short interview and then was told that if we did not hear from them 7-10 days to apply at another store. What do they tell you to apply at another store? I thought that this was a crazy way to do things. Anyway I was still looking for a job and another fair was at the streamwood store. I went through the same process and was told if we would be considered that we should hear something 7-10 days. I think that they know a lot of people are out of work and they can be picky. I said that i can work any day and any time but still no call. I am female but do not have any retail experience but I did ask if they would train me to handle the equipment. They said yes. If i see another job fair at the store, I am staying home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Almost a Worker in Wheaton, Illinois

64 months ago

I was about to be hired before and then you guys did the backround screen. You sent me a letter to get my backround expunged, i did.. can i still have the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

danoct in Crown Point, Indiana

64 months ago

They're just pile picking..... Go to a Aldi job fair and there is over 500 applications.. My wife has over 6 years of experience as a cashier and can't even get an interview, after applying at several Aldi job fairs. They told everyone that if you didn't here from them in two days, you aren't being considered. There is NO way they went through 500+ apps, picked qualifying candidates, and called them in two days. Unless they tossed half the applications.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Been there, done that in Roselle, Illinois

64 months ago

danoct in Crown Point, Indiana said: They're just pile picking..... Go to a Aldi job fair and there is over 500 applications.. My wife has over 6 years of experience as a cashier and can't even get an interview, after applying at several Aldi job fairs. They told everyone that if you didn't here from them in two days, you aren't being considered. There is NO way they went through 500+ apps, picked qualifying candidates, and called them in two days. Unless they tossed half the applications.

What do you s'pose their criteria is for hiring somebody? (warehouse or cashier).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Young Momma in Saint Charles, Illinois

63 months ago

I worked for Aldi warehouse for a short while and they seem to hire mostly based on reccommendations from current employees (you have to know someone to get in) For the girls who didn't know anyone and got hired (yes girls, the warehouse hires 99% women) they were usually young (moms mostly) in shape, hardworkers, and willing to do about anything for money. Good luck trying to get in, but I wouldn't reccommend it. I hated it, everyone around there is miserable, they say it's "part time" but there are many weeks a month you are there 40+ hours, they're understaffed half the time, and when they do hire there's no room to work because they're warehouse is small, so a ton of people end up quitting. It's not glorious, there's no room to move up because you have 50 people ahead of you that have been there over 20 years and they're all about seniority there. You won't get a regular weekend, or vacation for over 2 years, especially on a holiday. Good luck if you wanna try, but I don't think it's worth the pay or benefits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kelly in Richardson, Texas

61 months ago

I've tried to apply and can't seem to get anywhere and there is no phone number listed for aldi anywhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

frank in Denton, Texas

61 months ago

Kelly in Richardson, Texas said: I've tried to apply and can't seem to get anywhere and there is no phone number listed for aldi anywhere.

number can be found on line "google" - business white pages - aldi - denton, texas. hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tobeunknown in Bedford, Texas

27 months ago

I worked in an Aldi warehouse for 9 years. The majority of the workers are females. It is a part time job, with no guarantee of how many hours you will have. You start at the same time, usually at 9am and you leave whenever all the orders have been picked. Most guys need a more steady income to support a family and therefore the warehouse is not a good option. Just so you know, this is a very physical and fast paced job with quotas you must meet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Irving, Texas

26 months ago

What are their health benefits like? Which insurance company is it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CHERYL in Joliet, Illinois

24 months ago

I HAVE APPLYED AT ALDI A LOAD OF TIMES AND WENT TO A JOB FAIRS.ALL THE STORES AROUND HERE HAVE YOUNG ONES WORKING FOR THEM.DONT THEY NO AS 52 YEAR OLDS NEED MONEY TWO.WAS LAID OFF FROM PACTIV IN 2011.STILL CANT FIND WORK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Marco in Plainfield, Illinois

7 months ago

I applied today at one of the job fairs. It started at 6:00 AM and I showed up at 5:40 AM. Surprisingly, there was already about fifty individuals waiting to apply. lol You basically just fill out an application turn it in so they could get a good look at you. I suggest having an outstanding application and a good personal appearance to even be considered because there are a ton of people that show up to those things. I am a veteran so hopefully I fall into some sort of quota required. As for the regular Joe Shmo, if you decide to show up looking something similar to this:

didyagetthering.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/epic-fail-baggy-pants-fail.jpg

you might as well stay home. Astonishingly, more than a few people did. lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tyler in Yorkville, Illinois

7 months ago

Marco in Plainfield, Illinois said: I applied today at one of the job fairs. It started at 6:00 AM and I showed up at 5:40 AM. Surprisingly, there was already about fifty individuals waiting to apply. lol You basically just fill out an application turn it in so they could get a good look at you. I suggest having an outstanding application and a good personal appearance to even be considered because there are a ton of people that show up to those things. I am a veteran so hopefully I fall into some sort of quota required. As for the regular Joe Shmo, if you decide to show up looking something similar to this:

didyagetthering.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/epic-fail-baggy-pants-fail.jpg

you might as well stay home. Astonishingly, more than a few people did. lol

Marco,
I assume your talking about the one in aurora? Yeah I was one of the first ones in line and I saw a few dressed like that. Well it could be a good thing for us. Makes us look better. I actually was the first to hand in an application . I had printed it the night before. Hopefully we both get called! I'll be praying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.