Getting a windows system administrator job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

How did you get your start doing windows system administrator work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Retheesh in Kochi, India

80 months ago

sdfsdf

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

RM in Northbridge, Massachusetts

63 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing windows system administrator work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

I took whatever computer related jobs I could. At the same time I passed the Microsoft mcp tests and eventually had my MCSE. I was able to land a Network Systems Admin job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Roman Kisliak in Minsk, Belarus

57 months ago

I started in college where he studied. Visited several competitions, including the Republican. Studying the Windows / Linux / Unix systems at home I had some success and was invited to work in companies providing ADSL for home users, and then I was invited to administer a Windows / Unix server in my country's capital Minsk. There I received a lot of experience, as well as in the field of Broadcast. Now I work in a company that develops software, there was a lot of experience.
Unfortunately in our country is very mlozhno obtain a certificate from the MS or CISCO as No certification.
And now I'm looking for work in Europe or America.

Sorry, my english is very bad :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jesse in El Paso, Texas

55 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing windows system administrator work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

The best start is getting into the field, helpdesk is where we, all the Windows SYSADMINS started at my company. The certifications help but there's no substitute for experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.