Top word processor skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every word processor must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your word processor expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

Terease in Washington, DC in Chicago, Illinois

74 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every word processor must have to excel?

Multi-Task
Customer Service
Attention to Detail

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mikey in Jersey City, New Jersey

36 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every word processor must have to excel?

Try knowing the entire Microsoft Office. Specifically, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and in many cases, Visio.

You should also know other non-MS apps like Adobe Acrobat, OCR software, and 3rd party tools, such as Doc-X tools, FileSite, etc.

For the traits, the ones listed above are important. Knowing how your boss thinks, what your clients' needs are, being highly flexible are also important. One person just wants a file brought onto the system for blacklining purposes only. Another wants a complex document fully stripped and reformatted. Knowing what the deadline is and how much attention to quality vs speed that they need are among the customer service skills required.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Terease in Washington, DC in Austin, Texas

32 months ago

I'm very shocked and disappointed with "RDP069's comment about white man/woman shouldn't apply for word processor positions. How could you even say that?

I work with a lot of white people in this field and they are just as advanced as minority people. I think the problem with you is from "your experience" working with (some) white people that they're not as advanced. You can't critize all white people. That's just not fair.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

arron lee in California

10 months ago

I have only tried do some simple mamipulation work with the Word documents( www.yiigo.com/guides/csharp/how-to-process-word.shtml ). But I agree with MIkey, I think the OCR(Optical Character Recognition) is one of the basic skills or traits for a fine Word Processor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Abigail Klinton in Orange, California

8 months ago

HI arron lee
OCR, shorten form of Optical Character Recognition, is a toolkit that enables users to convert different types of scanned documents, PDF files or images captured by a digital camera into editable and searchable digit data. With OCR recognizer, users can easily and fast extract all the characters as well as their properties from image or document. It is more complicated than Word processing(www.rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/word-processing/)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.