WITH DEGREE + NO EXPERIENCES = NO JOB

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

dm.cobb@hotmail.co, in Detroit, Michigan

51 months ago

lokita in Lufkin, Texas said: I'm bilingual as you see. I have an accounting degree, but little or none experience. I believe that I just don't know the right people or contacts. Then if I try for a hospital clerk job or teller in an bank, then I AM OVERQUALIFY.

HELP I JUST NEED A JOB!

I'm in the same situation. I wish I could go back and do it all over again. Taking internships while you're in school is very important. Trying to jump start a career is very depressing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anna in San Antonio, Texas

48 months ago

I am in the same position as well. I am about to get my degree and having to look for positions like office clerk and secretary or anything in order to gain experience becasue I cannot find a job! I feel it also has to do with me living in a small city.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lokita in Lufkin, Texas

48 months ago

You are right or change a degree to health like lab tech or something like that. I'm working as a clerk, that is because I went to an agency, and a company needed someone with good "TYPING" skill. So, I’m working as part time, low pay and depressed. As you see nothing to do with my dream job, as an accountant.
I consider San Antonio as a big city, I guess it is not. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shirleen in Urbana, Illinois

41 months ago

Totally Agreed!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

looking in Mchenry, Illinois

39 months ago

I'm also in the same position. They need an Accounting clerk with an high school diploma or equivalent, but won't hire some one with a bachelor degree, Amazing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

lokita in Lufkin, Texas

39 months ago

Yes it is amazing. I guess they don't want to pay us, and because they are not paying much are also afraid that we will leave for something better, so they avoid us. It is so sad and depressing sometimes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

JobHuntAvenger in Washington, District of Columbia

34 months ago

A.K.V.:

1. Do not post any personal contact information here for any reason, ever. Way too many scammers out there to take advantage of you.

2. U.S. companies don't care much for U.S. citizens with U.S. college degrees. If you've got a non-U.S. degree and background, you simply don't exist to them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

shirley in Wilmington, Delaware

33 months ago

Hi I have 2 kids and I am in desperate need of job I have my graduation but no experience in any field.I will be very happy if you show me any job.I am ready to work for 1800$ also.

Thanks
shirley

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

BRSA33 in Scranton, Pennsylvania

8 months ago

I have an associate's degree in accounting. I apply for every accounting clerk position that is advertised. They all say that want candidates with an associate's degree in accounting. However, I usually don't get called back because they actually care more about experience than the education.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gary in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

7 months ago

Did you go to a community college for your degree? There are interns at the college that would help you gain experience. Also, if you just have an associates degree you will need a bachelors degree to get offered a job with no experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kira in South San Francisco, California

7 months ago

Gary in Tuscaloosa, Alabama said: Did you go to a community college for your degree? There are interns at the college that would help you gain experience. Also, if you just have an associates degree you will need a bachelors degree to get offered a job with no experience.

i have both AA and BA degree but no experience. No one want to hire me. They all require 1year plus experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.