Airtran Airways is VERY DISORGANIZED and UNPROFESSIONAL

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

bye bye in Hinsdale, Illinois

46 months ago

jpetnyc in Milton, Delaware said: Where to begin.... I originally interviewed in summer 2009 for a F/A position. I was told that I was hired and would be flying to ATL for history and physical. I then get an email saying that AirTran had overhired and that i would not be going to training at this time. When I called HQ and spoke to several recruiters, I was told that I would be put in a POOL, and when training resumed, I would get a phone call. Well, to date, I see that AirTran has re-posted their Position and are actively interviewing flight attendants. I cant even get a return phone call in over 8 months.... I simply dont understand, but maybe this is GODS plan for me. Who would want to work for a company that is grossly disorganized???? Am I alone, or has this happened to other people? Thanks everyone. Happy New Year!!!

Consider yourself lucky!!! I worked for Airtran for 4 years and it was the worst company to work and i have been flying over 10 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nyelle in New York, New York

46 months ago

jpetnyc in Milton, Delaware said: Where to begin.... I originally interviewed in summer 2009 for a F/A position. I was told that I was hired and would be flying to ATL for history and physical. I then get an email saying that AirTran had overhired and that i would not be going to training at this time. When I called HQ and spoke to several recruiters, I was told that I would be put in a POOL, and when training resumed, I would get a phone call. Well, to date, I see that AirTran has re-posted their Position and are actively interviewing flight attendants. I cant even get a return phone call in over 8 months.... I simply dont understand, but maybe this is GODS plan for me. Who would want to work for a company that is grossly disorganized???? Am I alone, or has this happened to other people? Thanks everyone. Happy New Year!!!

eeeeessshh!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

bye bye in Hinsdale, Illinois said: Consider yourself lucky!!! I worked for Airtran for 4 years and it was the worst company to work and i have been flying over 10 years.

I'd never fly that tin can!!! AirTran is the old ValueJet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

flygirl2284 in Sarver, Pennsylvania

46 months ago

Rumor is that Southwest purchased AirTran on monday, hopefully things there will change

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

VIPFA in Kennesaw, Georgia

46 months ago

flygirl2284 in Sarver, Pennsylvania said: Rumor is that Southwest purchased AirTran on monday, hopefully things there will change

Rumor is confirmed Southwest is in the works of purchasing Airtran(Govt has to approve etc).. I use to work for SWA before moving to Atl Im so glad they are taking over Airtran ..Swa knows how to treat their employees

Urma in Tucson, Arizona

46 months ago

Nyelle in New York, New York said: I'd never fly that tin can!!! AirTran is the old ValueJet.

"Tin can" ... what is that? Just funny..

46 months ago

Urma in Tucson, Arizona said: "Tin can" ... what is that? Just funny..

Just imagine taking aluminum foil and folding it into the shape of can...slide your a** in there and take off.....that's AirTran aka ValueJet.

Jon in Atlanta, Georgia

31 months ago

VIPFA in Kennesaw, Georgia said: Rumor is confirmed Southwest is in the works of purchasing Airtran(Govt has to approve etc).. I use to work for SWA before moving to Atl Im so glad they are taking over Airtran ..Swa knows how to treat their employees

Southwest only treats employees well if you are a queeny blk guy, white blondie or white male, other than that they are unfair! Collen told me they were a fair company, I got let go because I skipped over 1 test question, the real reason was the Chicago manager did not like my smile and great positive energy, these companies say they want friendly people but the other employees and flight attendants are miserable and expect you to be? Why can't I have fun at work and enjoy the passengers and co workers! American companies suck at employee relations and I have worked at many companies, including, A/P Grocery, Amsouth bank, Curry Honda, US Airways, Piedmont Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Air Wisconsin, America west, Whole Foods (Philadelphia) Ghetto! I was too friendly, Morton's Steakhouse,, Cheesecake factory, Houlihans, Mick's Atlanta, lately I notice the best companies to work for are small family owned businesses. Bonefish Grill was one of the best corporate companies I have ever worked with, oh yea the Westin (hoorible) Embassy Suites and the Ritz Carlton drama! I may have missed some companies i have worked for over the years, and i'm a stand up guy, blk guy at that too who gives 100% to all my employers and customers, and most of these places would hire me back, but they have shady management practices, people get a degree and open your own biz that's what i did! And treat your employees with respect, pay them a decent salary and do not play games with people, i never like the corporate games or lies lol!

Jj in Mcdonough, Georgia

28 months ago

I was hired for reservation agent and training starting on April 2.
anyone going to the training or went previously please give me some tips!!
Thanks in advance.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.