Comments (1 to 50 of 212)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

justin in Oakville, Ontario

87 months ago

salry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (367) / No (231) Reply - Report abuse

samuel in Charlotte, North Carolina

87 months ago

i want to know how much bunk tellers amke.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (463) / No (243) Reply - Report abuse

tara in Grand Rapids, Michigan

80 months ago

I just got hired at National City Bank and they told me that starting pay is 8/hr, however I am getting 9.25/hr because I have previous cashiering/customer service experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (257) / No (106) Reply - Report abuse

JOHN DOE in Greeley, Colorado

79 months ago

I have been tellering for 2 1/2 years. I started out at $10/hr and am now at $12/hr. Hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (315) / No (116) Reply - Report abuse

me in Bangor, Pennsylvania

79 months ago

worked for commerce bank which starts at 9.25 - 10 an hr for tellers...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (225) / No (115) Reply - Report abuse

nicki in South Orange, New Jersey

75 months ago

Pnc start you off at 13.21 per hour
Bank of America is 10.50
Chase is 11.50 wachovia is 12
how do I know?..i worked for all of them nd i still have friends that work there that keep me updated.

Do you want to make good money as a teller...work for a credit union. for me, the credit union that i work for started me at 19.04 per hour as a teller..if you have no experience they start you off at 17.22 per hour....i love it....there is no federal rules or regulations..they are flexible and not so strict i love it.....and they are paying for my school tuition......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (856) / No (167) Reply - Report abuse

B in Mount Pleasant, Michigan

75 months ago

i'm a new teller. i started out at 9.25 an hour/part time. i think the salary is different in different areas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (144) / No (75) Reply - Report abuse

lauren in Castro Valley, California

70 months ago

i make 22/hr at 35hrs/week

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (127) / No (123) Reply - Report abuse

ruby3737 in Albany, Georgia

64 months ago

JOHN DOE in Greeley, Colorado said: I have been tellering for 2 1/2 years. I started out at $10/hr and am now at $12/hr. Hope this helps!

what bank, not location, just the name is fine?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (50) Reply - Report abuse

Cmciver in Lafayette, Indiana

64 months ago

Do you have to take a drug screen working at a bank?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (163) / No (88) Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Miami, Florida

64 months ago

I make 11.50 @ Chase Plus Commission.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (34) Reply - Report abuse

Mimi in New York, New York

64 months ago

Depends on the company and where you are at. I will tell you that if you are in Chase they want you to do sales as well so its not going to be sooo much money like the other comments who are making close to $20.00 an hour with ZERO experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

bim in Eagle River, Alaska

63 months ago

my first time to be a teller, will start on sept. 1st. they offered me $17.10 / hour. im in anchorage alaska

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

GeRRei in Decatur, GA in Lawrenceville, Georgia

63 months ago

nicki in South Orange, New Jersey said: I work for IEEE Credit Union in Linden NJ...more benefits..free healthcare, great pension..i prefer credit unions over banks

JOW LONG HAVE U BEEN WORKING THERE? WAHT KIND OF WORK DO YOU DO? IS THEIR COMPANY EXPANDED TO GEORGIA? PLEASE EMAIL ME BACK AND GIVE ME MORE INFO ON CREDIT UNION JOBS... I'M LOOKING TO GET A JOB WITH ONE HERE IN GA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (36) Reply - Report abuse

nicki in Jersey City, New Jersey

63 months ago

I have been a teller and I have seen many tellers that hated the job. You are responsible for everything that goes wrong, but get very little credit for everything that goes right. I cannot work at a bank ever again, in fact there are too many lawsuits regarding banks and bank tellers and overtime and incentive pay. I don't trust them. $10.75 is not bad, it is a livable wage, but in order for me to go back working for a bank, they would have to match my pay at the credit union...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

yine90 in Clifton, New Jersey

63 months ago

nicki in Jersey City, New Jersey said: Many credit unions are different, the best credit unions to apply for are for your local school system, transportation system and city workers. I have been working there for almost a year and a half. I love it! It is not only a teller job, you have a much higher title and more responsibilities, but it is not limited to only tellering...go to your state website and look for credit unions there.

nicki i just wanted to know how did you get a job in a credit union, i have been a teller for 5 years in a bank, and Ive been wanting to get a job in a credit union in my area

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

her in Vestal, New York

61 months ago

Salo in Brooklyn, New York said: I'm starting out at $12 at Chase part time. I know 3 foreign languages that they need in the branch they are putting me. I wonder if I should be getting more...

wow, get a job as a translator or something, i'm sure they would pay you much better for your ability! 3 languages! that's amazing, i'm still working on 1!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

MF1985 in Bonham, Texas

61 months ago

If I get the job, I'll be making $10.82 an hour starting out at Bank of America.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

lizteller in Prospect, Connecticut

60 months ago

I just got hired for Wachovia with no teller experience but speak one foreign language. I will be making 13.50 an hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Katie in Raleigh, North Carolina

60 months ago

What about the State Employees Credit Union in nc? as a teller

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Katie in Raleigh, North Carolina

60 months ago

Melba in Charlotte, North Carolina said: What state on you in ......? I know it will vary and I am wondering about salaries as tellers in North Carolina...

what credit union?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Lilly in South San Francisco, California

60 months ago

(Nikie) Wow I'm impressed with your credit union, I work for a credit union. I have been with hem for almost 2 yers, I started at 14 with noraise. we had a bonus that we lost last year because of he economy. I'm hinking to swich to local community banks. I also want to be a personal banker rather than a teller.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

lizteller in Prospect, Connecticut

60 months ago

Hello again. I had posted before that I will be making 13.50 per hour because that is what they had told me during the interview process. When they called me to offer me the job, they said they will be paying me 14 dollars an hour..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

banker101 in Diamond Bar, California

59 months ago

I was wondering if anyone knew if Union Bank does a drug test? I am in orange county cali

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (33) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Detroit, Michigan

59 months ago

nikki in Tallmadge, Ohio said: when i started banking i worked for usbank at 8.25/hr. i have worked for huntington and chase making 10. i now work for charterone in an instore branch making 14. charterone pays the best out of all the banks, i think. plus they're a great place to work for. i'm happy there.

I work for charterone as well. It is a great place to work for and the company offers great benefits for full and part-time tellers, however I have been placed at a Detroit branch which I am constantly being harrassed by my branch manager and feeling as though my livelyhood is threatned.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Mikaela26 in Cebu, Philippines

59 months ago

samuel in Charlotte, North Carolina said: i want to know how much bunk tellers amke.

There are sites which give hourly rates for bank tellers in the US depending on the following:
• Years of experience
City
• State or Province
• Yearly Sales
• By Certification
• Employer Type

Years of experience
-In this category the more years of experience you have, the higher your pay rate is.
City
-According to an article I read, the top three (3) cities that has the largest rate are
New York
Dallas
Los Angeles
State or Province
-With regards to States, the top 3 are:
California
New York
New Jersey
Yearly Sales
-Data shows Less than 500,000
By certification
-Notary public has the highest pay scale with regards to certification
Employer Type
-On employer type besides self-employed, the top three (3) are: Non-Profit Organization, College Universities and Contract.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Johnnyboy123 in Youngstown, Ohio

59 months ago

Hey Nikki, I am considering taking jobs at Huntington or Chase. Since you worked at both I would love to hear what your impressions of each are??? I accepted an offer already with Chase but Huntington is calling and want to set up an interview. I don't know what to do....the people at Chase really want me and I want to work there and I don't really want to go through another interview if I don't have to. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Jon from MA

59 months ago

Wow I'm looking over these comments... I hope to hell some of these people can count better than they can form simple sentences and use semi-proper English. Lol ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie in Hollywood, Florida

59 months ago

sunshine in Delray Beach, Florida said: hi.. i want a bank teller at wachovia so bad. i recently passed my assesment test.I recieveda email inviting me to a teller info session.What im i suppose to except? is that a interview? what is the interview like?

Hello i live in Florida and i also received that e-mail a week after completing the assessment test and the info session is tomorrow? you already went through that so i would appreciate if you could let me know what it was like. please email me at pambor88@hotmail.com thanx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Nikki in Jersey City, New Jersey

59 months ago

Johnnyboy123

Chase is a good bank to work for. I was with them for a year, but be prepared to sell, sell, sell....they are also very bad when it comes to you getting paid your hours that is due. They have good benefits, the pay is ok......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Johnnyboy123 in Youngstown, Ohio

59 months ago

Thanks Nikki.

At the interview the branch manager told me that they don't really push you to make referrals to the personal banker. However, it is in your best interest to do so because you get a bonus by making referrals. I'm not really a salesperson but I don't mind suggesting products as long as a customer may need them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

RDMM84 in West Bloomfield, Michigan

57 months ago

nicki in South Orange, New Jersey said: Pnc start you off at 13.21 per hour
Bank of America is 10.50
how do I know?..i worked for all of them nd i still have friends that work there that keep me updated.

Do you want to make good money as a teller...work for a credit union. for me, the credit union that i work for started me at 19.04 per hour as a teller..if you have no experience they start you off at 17.22 per hour....i love it....there is no federal rules or regulations..they are flexible and not so strict i love it.....and they are paying for my school tuition......

yo whats up, i was wondering, what kind of education do i need to be a bank teller?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Nikki in Bayonne, New Jersey

56 months ago

@b2010 Finding a job at a credit union is not as simple as finding one at Bank of America or Chase. First, research how many credit unions are in your city, then go to the websites. Usually they will post any openings on their website. If not, call them and ask them if they are hiring. Credit Unions pay well, but they are usually on a budget, they would not pay any extra money in advertising any openings. So you would need to be proactive when looking for a job in one. I remember when my credit union was hiring, my boss refused to put an ad in the newspapers, so it was basically word of mouth or craigslist. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

b2010 in Vancouver, Washington

56 months ago

Nikki in Bayonne, New Jersey said: @b2010 Finding a job at a credit union is not as simple as finding one at Bank of America or Chase. First, research how many credit unions are in your city, then go to the websites. Usually they will post any openings on their website. If not, call them and ask them if they are hiring. Credit Unions pay well, but they are usually on a budget, they would not pay any extra money in advertising any openings. So you would need to be proactive when looking for a job in one. I remember when my credit union was hiring, my boss refused to put an ad in the newspapers, so it was basically word of mouth or craigslist. Hope this helps.

thanks, Nikki. Yes, I do check all of those you mentioned. I registered to CUhire.com website and join their network on LinkedIn. I check their website everyday to see any job posted. I use Yahoo Hit Jobs, Monster and Indeed.com alerts..all those..
I understand that lots of jobs aren't posted for public, they'll look for inside talent first before looking outside. I just don't know how to get 'inside' network...
My focus is to find a member service rep. job. I worked in bank before, but it's admin, not the retail banking part so I don't have any teller experience. Do you know any courses I can take so I'll be more prepare for the job? Oh, do you mind to be on my network on LinkedIn, Nikki? Thanks alot for your time and help :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nick in Oak Brook, Illinois

56 months ago

Can someone PLEASE give the right web-site for Credit Union bank? When I put that name in Google, I got plenty of results and I don't know which web-site is THE official web-site for the Credit Union bank. Please help a foreigner. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Chelz

56 months ago

Thanks For all the comments, they were very helpful but does anyone know about the starting pay at banks in the ILLINOIS area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anon in Olivia, Minnesota

56 months ago

nicki in South Orange, New Jersey said: Pnc start you off at 13.21 per hour
Bank of America is 10.50

No rules or regularions??? Ever heard of the NCUA???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Charity Underwood in Columbus, Ohio

56 months ago

Thank you so much because that was a very helpful tip becausre i am working on finance at school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Charity Underwood in Columbus, Ohio

56 months ago

Thank you that was so helpful to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

CCU in Garland, Texas

55 months ago

Jon from MA said: Wow I'm looking over these comments... I hope to hell some of these people can count better than they can form simple sentences and use semi-proper English. Lol ;)

That's TOO funny!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

michael in Torrance, California

55 months ago

How did you find the credit union that offered you that kind of money?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ashley in Newport News, Virginia

54 months ago

Bank of America starts you with $11 with no experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

marya in Houston, Texas

54 months ago

I applied at chase bank teller. They send me an email to call the recruiting center and I did. The girl told me that she will send my information to the manager at Chase and they will match me up. I should get a phone call or email in the next couple of weeks. Does it take that long??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Shenna in Norfolk, Virginia

54 months ago

I just got hired today for wachovia. The offered my 10 an hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jpcamacho20 in Alexandria, Virginia

54 months ago

Quick question for anyone...which bank is better to work for? Chevy chase or bank of America? I'm deciding between the two and which one pays more?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

key gunner in Smyrna, Tennessee

54 months ago

samuel in Charlotte, North Carolina said: i want to know how much bunk tellers amke.

you should have said "bank tellers make".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bj in Natchitoches, Louisiana

54 months ago

hi i work for this bank that started me off at 7 back in 2007 and i have been there almost 3 years and only making 8 and hour now it sucks big time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wezson in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

54 months ago

Well I just started at Wachovia a Wells Fargo company... lol and make $10 an hour. 40 hrs a week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ashley in Plano, Texas

54 months ago

Nick in Oak Brook, Illinois said: Can someone PLEASE give the right web-site for Credit Union bank? When I put that name in Google, I got plenty of results and I don't know which web-site is THE official web-site for the Credit Union bank. Please help a foreigner. Thank you.

I'm not sure if the answer matters anymore but I thought I would respond anyway. "Credit Union" is not a bank like Chase or Wachovia is. It is a finance center, not for profit, resulting in different federal rules and lower credit rates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

mandy in Dayton, Ohio

53 months ago

I started out working for National City Bank then made the switch with PNC bank when all that happened. I started out at 9.50/hr no teller experience, I received a whole 14 cent raise. They promise you the world so you don't leave, but don't follow through. I hate it there they don't want to hire from within when they have full time positions available, they would rather hire someone from outside with no experience or anything its horrible. I am looking to switch to another bank I know I can get paid a lot better and have more hours i have a ton of experience. Maybe its just my branch.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.