bank teller virtual test: customer service part

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

tainle in Rome, New York

60 months ago

Hi, I have a problem with customer service section of the virtual teller test. Please any bank teller can help me giving the best answer to these question. I will give examples scenarios and what would be the best answer to say and do.

1) When is it appropriate to offer someone overdraft protection? is it when they come in and complaint about OP? or can I offer it to someone just come in to deposit a check? is there ONLY time to offer OP?

2) A customer want to deposit a check, and I deposited it and then she say I wanted $200 dollar (which she didnt write cash back in the deposit slip), what should be my action and response?

3) a gentlement come in to deposit a check to pay off the overdraft protection. he go on and say "I don't know how i got overdraft". what is my response and action?

4) because of the setting in the video is back in the 70s or so , so the drive-thru service is operated by human. so there is this guy he want to deposit his check and didnt fill out the deposit slip at the drive-thru, what should i do and response?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (199) / No (37) Reply - Report abuse

tainle in Rome, New York

60 months ago

i failed the ERGO virtual teller test omfg i don't understand why the customer service part is so hard. what is so damn hard about customer service at a credit union and bank anyway >_<"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

bkjane in Brooklyn, New York

58 months ago

1) When is it appropriate to offer someone overdraft protection? is it when they come in and complaint about OP? or can I offer it to someone just come in to deposit a check? is there ONLY time to offer OP?
It's best to offer OD protection when the client has no need for the product. This will give you a higher rate of the application being approved. Clients usually try to apply for overdraft protection when they have already been in the negative which lessens the chances that the client will get approved for a line of credit. So yes, it is best to offer the product when they are just doing depostits and their account is in good standing.
2) A customer want to deposit a check, and I deposited it and then she say I wanted $200 dollar (which she didnt write cash back in the deposit slip), what should be my action and response?
In this situation it best to let the customer know that it will not be a problem to do the withdrawl and then educate the customer that on their next visit they can fill out the cash back section of the deposit slip.
3) a gentlement come in to deposit a check to pay off the overdraft protection. he go on and say "I don't know how i got overdraft". what is my response and action?
It's funny...a lot of customers seem to be unaware of when they signed up for OD protection. In this case just look into the customers account and try to find out when the account was opened it usually refreshes their memory.
6) a mother of a girl, this mother want to deposit a check for her daughter, it is against bank policy, but the check is a government check. what is my best response and action to this person want to deposit her daughter check?
If the child is a minor the guardian can deposit the check. If the child is going to recieve checks on a regular basis then the guardian will have to open a custodial account.
7) when is ONLY appropriate time to interest someone in opening an Account with the bank?
Anytime is a perfect time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (57) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

ricky in Rome, New York

50 months ago

As a teller am I allowed to fill out a customers check if they have no idea what to do and rather prefer I do it and they look at it and sign it? Is it illegal and what are the consequence's?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

thabklynballa in Brooklyn, New York

48 months ago

ricky in Rome, New York said: As a teller am I allowed to fill out a customers check if they have no idea what to do and rather prefer I do it and they look at it and sign it? Is it illegal and what are the consequence's?

I would recommend not filling out customers transaction ticket for any reason; its not illegal to do so, its just that you make yourself liable if the customer has any discontent with the transaction down the line. If you really need to fill it out for a customer (because they can't write or read) have them sign and initial the document everywhere you made an adjustment or filled in for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

taylorrnicolecastillo in Mission Viejo, California

6 months ago

How are you supposed to know these questions for the assessment when you have no teller experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.