Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

What are typical bus driver salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Edwina Walker in Reston, VA

96 months ago

I have driven school bus for 10.5 years now and last job ,I was making 14.00hr

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Christy

79 months ago

We get paid $15.20 where I drive a school bus.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Phyllis Hulbert in West Lebanon, New York

77 months ago

Bus drivind is a rewarding job and in high demand in New York state. The benifits are great and the retirement system is great as long as you get in a school district

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

gaafar in Kitchener, Ontario

74 months ago

Host said: What are typical bus driver salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

driving

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

gaafar in Kitchener, Ontario said: driving

Not sure what canada pays? In New Youk State Bus Drivers are in demand ! Part time drivers around the Albany area some pays are 17.00 and hour no benifits. Some places start full time drivers out at 15.00 to 17.00 an hour. Not all schools. The retirement is great. The rest of the benifits are great. Most places will train. Some days it's not an easy job,but likeing children is a must. The drivers that have been there get the good runs ,they have first choice. Every year they bid their runs. Every year all gets a raise as per contract. Most places offer extra runs,such as sports trips etc. There is money to be made. I am a driver ,trainer and safety officer,so I make extra money all the time. By the way I just retired in Jan. and still do some training. Iretired after 35 years of driving for the same district. There is so much more I could tell you,but experience is best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

AmSerious

68 months ago

Host said: What are typical bus driver salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

Depends on state/area. In Pa., a driver just about donates his time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

AmSerious said: Depends on state/area. In Pa., a driver just about donates his time.

There isn't anything you can do to increase your salary. Most salaries are by contract thru the union. You get what the union agrees upon with the school board. NYS is one of the highest paid for drivers. I just retired after 35 years and now receive a retiremet from the state and next year will be collecting S.S.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rodolfo in Alhambra, California

67 months ago

Phyllis Hulbert in Hillsdale, New York said: Where I work the starting pay is $13.56and top pay is about $28.00 right now. Our contract is for another 2 years and 2 and1/2 % is for this comming year and another 2% the folling year

are they hiring? where?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.