Getting out of adjusting

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 132)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Skywalker in Farmington, Connecticut

58 months ago

What about going into a different claims area that is specialized? I had 2 friends that were in the following claims area (they started out in property and auto and after years moved out of it because of what you say). One did Kidnap & Ransom and professional liability claims. Very interesting and he loved it for many years. I am unsure of how these claims are handled but he said its nothing like your typical auto/home/GL/etc... so it wasn't a negative environment. Another guy use to worke in boiler & machinery claims and again never had anything bad to say about it. he worked for a very small team he said and it was always good. he said they had their busy times but they got through them. he told me he use to have to go on CAT duty when he use to work in property and that was killing him. said that is what made him look into a smaller more specialized claim area and it worked out for a few years until he inherited a family business. but no matter what claims area I think they always had to deal with irate internal and external customers. they also were frustrated by the fact they sometimes could not get the info they needed from internal people as well as external (contractors) but I would assume that is with any claim job.

maybe you can go the business analyst route? some of the skills are transferable I think. start looking at business analyst type positions and reviewing the duties and qualifications.

although I do not think now is the time to change jobs. you can try but a lot of my buddies are laid off and they can not find a job. there are way too many qualified people out there who have been laid off looking for jobs that you'd have better luck winning $$$$ at Mohegan! Its sad. Good luck and hang in there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rebecca in Redondo Beach, California

57 months ago

The longer you stay in, the harder it is to get out. I was in claims for over 20 years. Worked as an Independent adjuster for years, then moved on to a more stable staff job with a major carrier.

You are right, claims is a negative environment. I thought I had finally gotten out of insurance all together when my husband (also years of claims) purchase an ice cream franchise 4 years ago. However, the economy has soured and our once viable, profitable business has declined to the tune of about 45%!!

We now find ourselves wishing for any claims job as long as it pays some sort of salary and benefits.

Just like the mob, claims keeps "pulling me back in".

In your case, I can totally understand wanting to get out, but this economy doesn't allow for any on to have the freedom to move around without risk.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rebecca in Redondo Beach, California

57 months ago

The longer you stay in, the harder it is to get out. I was in claims for over 20 years. Worked as an Independent adjuster for years, then moved on to a more stable staff job with a major carrier.

You are right, claims is a negative environment. I thought I had finally gotten out of insurance all together when my husband (also years of claims) and I purchase an ice cream franchise 4 years ago. However, the economy has soured and our once viable, profitable business has declined to the tune of about 45%!!

We now find ourselves wishing for any claims job as long as it pays some sort of salary and benefits.

Just like the mob, claims keeps "pulling me back in".

In your case, I can totally understand wanting to get out, but this economy doesn't allow for anyone to have the freedom to move around without risk.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

fighting saints in Bemidji, Minnesota

57 months ago

I and some friends left claims and got into subrogation. We all like it a lot and even though we have hundreds of files the stress is much reduced. We like collecting money back and there is very little contact with insureds, contractors public adjusters, body shops or lawyers. Just throwing it out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Orlandoalex in Orlando, Florida

56 months ago

fighting saints in Bemidji, Minnesota said: I and some friends left claims and got into subrogation. We all like it a lot and even though we have hundreds of files the stress is much reduced. We like collecting money back and there is very little contact with insureds, contractors public adjusters, body shops or lawyers. Just throwing it out there.

I'm not savy on that part of the claims branch,Is that a self employed and an internal carrier position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

fighting saints in Hines, Minnesota

56 months ago

It can be either. Most larger insurance companies have a subrogation dept. There are also many independent national subrogation companies that market to insurance companies that don't have their own subrogation dept.

I got sick of claims involving crooked lawyers, crooked contractors, staged car accidents and fake injuries etc. I moved to subro and it is lot easier than claims. Basically, your job is to collect from back money paid on claims from at-fault parties or their insurance carriers. I have handled subro files ranging from collecting from uninsured people who cause car accidents to collecting from manufacturers of defective products (mostly plumbing products that have damaged houses).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

stephanie in Kansas City, Missouri

56 months ago

This occupation really sounds interesting to me right now I am just a security guard I'm wanting something more interesting what training can I get to get into this occupation of being an adjuster?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

fighting saints in Hines, Minnesota

56 months ago

stephanie in Kansas City, Missouri said: This occupation really sounds interesting to me right now I am just a security guard I'm wanting something more interesting what training can I get to get into this occupation of being an adjuster?

There are three main ways of getting into claim adjusting.
1. School Training. Here in MN there is a vo-tech that has a 9 month program and it is very good training.
2. Have experience in either house building, auto body repair, law enforcement or insurance sales. This type of experience can get your foot in the door.
3. Take a adjuster trainee job with a large company, such as Progressive. That way you don't need any experience as the company will train you. I don't know where Overland Park is compared to KC but there used to be a lot of claim offices in Overland Park.

The job is never boring but it can be a very thankless job. You need patience and very thick skin. Almost everybody you deal with will not like or trust you and that wears on you after awhile. After a few years experience the pay and benefits are very good if you can tough it out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Orlandoalex in Orlando, Florida

56 months ago

fighting saints in Bemidji, Minnesota said: I and some friends left claims and got into subrogation. We all like it a lot and even though we have hundreds of files the stress is much reduced. We like collecting money back and there is very little contact with insureds, contractors public adjusters, body shops or lawyers. Just throwing it out there.

I see what you mean,kinda cut and dry compared to the three ring circus you mentioned.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Susanne Petrucelli in Matthews, North Carolina

56 months ago

Looking for a way out! in Vernon Rockville, Connecticut

2 months ago
I have been adjusting property claims for 10 years. I am ready to get out. I'm tired of the stress and negative environment. I don't know what else I am qualified to do after doing this so many years. Any advice?
===
I just got out of Claims after 16 years.... will never go back, sick of long hours and horrible pay for what I do. I handled Bodily Injury claims.... I can't believe how much claim handling has changed over the years and how toxic the work environment has become. I'm going into Pharmaceutical sales, I have a Marketing and Respiratory Therapy degree... run from claims if you can!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Susanne Petrucelli in Matthews, North Carolina

56 months ago

Looking for a way out! in Vernon Rockville, Connecticut said: I have been adjusting property claims for 10 years. I am ready to get out. I'm tired of the stress and negative environment. I don't know what else I am qualified to do after doing this so many years. Any advice?

===
I just got out of Claims after 16 years.... will never go back, sick of long hours and horrible pay for what I do. I handled Bodily Injury claims.... I can't believe how much claim handling has changed over the years and how toxic the work environment has become. I'm going into Pharmaceutical sales, I have a Marketing and Respiratory Therapy degree... run from claims if you can!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jigme in Hamden, Connecticut

54 months ago

I was in claims for about 20 yrs. I used my transferable skills to work for a personal injoury attorney for another 5 years I enjoyed settling cases for this
attorney. I am presently a massage thearpist Insurance claims work in big corp. is really stressful there are many small indepedent firms much better to work for, best years I had where at the smallest firms.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

find something you love to do and you will never work another day in your life
you may or may not make the money you make in claims but life will be nicer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kayson in Brady, Texas

54 months ago

So, it isnt a recommended feild to get into after 20 years in construction and building experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

It can be a good field times are difficult now so I would not turn down a job offer but it can also be extremly demanding over time is often expected at no additional pay because your salary and you could be working from 8-8 and weekend hours its secure until they have layoffs and you either get cut or stay on its hard core
there are some gravy jobs in the industry also so you have to try and see how you experince it but keep your eyes open for the high expectations

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

LA Adjuster

54 months ago

Both my husband and I were in claims for many, many years. We left to open our own small business a food franchise. We had 2 stores in 5 yrs. Things were going great. Thought we had finally escaped the evil insurance industry--which had totally changed from when we started to when we finally jumped ship. We went from being white collar having our own private offices with an assistant and company cars to sitting in a small cubicle with a headset and being nothing more than an automated call center adjuster. No authority and bosses with no prior claims experience.

However, the economic did a job on our business. Our credit is ruined. Our home was in foreclosure but we saved it. Exhausted our 401ks. Lost our income properties. We dream of having an insurance job, any job. I'd even work for AIG!!!

My husband is temping and we hope that lasts a few more months. I am interviewing with several companies. I've even tried to get claim assistant jobs even though I was a Senior Litigation Examiner.

It's tough out there!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

your stoe sounds so much like mine very similar
i tried getting back in but got luck and am doing massage
which i am happy for claims is a blessing and a curse

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LA Adjuster

54 months ago

jigme in Hamden, Connecticut said: your stoe sounds so much like mine very similar
i tried getting back in but got luck and am doing massage
which i am happy for claims is a blessing and a curse

so true. a blessing and a curse. I was lucky and got 2 interviews yesterday. I can't believe how much I enjoyed talking about claims with the interviewers. LOL...maybe I will get a job and benefits. Pray for me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

jbowlin2 in Missouri

54 months ago

stephanie in Kansas City, Missouri said: This occupation really sounds interesting to me right now I am just a security guard I'm wanting something more interesting what training can I get to get into this occupation of being an adjuster?

Most of the major carriers require a degree to become an Adjuster. Being from KC area myself and a former Claims Adjuster I know there are quite a few companies in the area with centralized call centers that are always hiring for the positions of Claims Adjuster for people with degrees and they also hire Customer Service Reps for non-degree people. The company I worked for allowed Customer Service Reps to work their way up into Claims Adjuster positions after several years. Here are a few of the companies in the area: Travelers, Farmers, Progressive, Chartis, and I'm sure many more. Seems there's always a need for Claims Adjuster's because it is a high stress position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nataS Del Sanchez in Long Beach, California

53 months ago

Claims is evil and insurance companies are the devil.
Get out while you can!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Tom H. in Long Beach, California

53 months ago

If I was to do it all over again (say when I was at Coast Insurance and hating life), maybe I would have gone back to City College and earned an AA degree in nursing. Even with just an AA degree, RN's now start at about $28 an hour and you're basically guaranteed a job. If you work in a hospital, you likely work 3 days a week so have 4 day weekends every weekend! Sure it's stressful, but it can't be any worse than claims. Long Beach City College has a nursing program, and their graduates are at:

Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, St. Mary Medical Center, Torrance Memorial Medical Center and Veteran's Administration Hospital of Long Beach.

Here's the link:

nursing.lbcc.edu

P.S.: I double majored at UC Santa Barbara.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

codesta in Charlotte, North Carolina

53 months ago

I've handled workers compensation claims for many years as well as general liability and homeowners. I just left work comp for a temp job because I could not stand the stress any longer. Work comp was the worst to handle, and I've worked for a few companies. My husband (who also got out of insurance) and I did work as independent adjusters after a couple of hurricanes. We worked in an office in Boston, MA and Austin, TX. Good job to have, but tough to come by. I attended a class at Vale Training Solutions and it was worth the money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

IU Grad in Valparaiso, Indiana

49 months ago

My wife is a claims adjuster in Indiana with nine years of experience and earns $52,000 a year. The benefits are good with her company, but there is a lot of stress with her job. She has a company car, phone, computer and works out of the home. Her phone is always ringing even on the weekends. Her case load is great and is underpaid for what she has to put up with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

JuJu B in Phoenix, Arizona

49 months ago

Right now I can't stand claims adjusting. Too may petition to reopens in this economy.I have worked in different aspects of claims for about 7 years prior to becoming a Workmans' comp adjuster. I have been adjusting for almost five years and at this juncture I am so sick of it. It is a negative environment. It's sink or swim in this industry. As people quit or get fired they are not replacing adjusters in this economy. It's more work with little man power and little pay. We have not had a raise in almost three years.I hate it, hate it, hate it right now. However, I am in the second poorest state in the United States with a family to feed. In a situation like mine you kind of humble yourself, continue to be stressed out and get all the gray hair from it.Any advice on what I should do? I'm afraid to leave. AIG which is one of our competitors changed their name to Chartis. Makes me think twice when other companies are reorganizing due to the economy.

l in Hamden, Connecticut

49 months ago

l

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

v in Hamden, Connecticut

49 months ago

I would suggest check into small adjusting firms , law firms I found there much better to work for check out your area and mail your resume to small firms big companies are very stressful to work for, you can look into getting an investigators license and switch things up a little until you can find something you love to do

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

v in Hamden, Connecticut

49 months ago

v in Hamden, Connecticut said: I would suggest check into small adjusting firms , law firms I found there much better to work for check out your area and mail your resume to small firms big companies are very stressful to work for, you can look into getting an investigators license and switch things up a little until you can find something you love to do

think about transferable skills negoiating, investigation , medical knowledge , rx sales would be good , whats your back round before claims tao into that

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JuJu B in Phoenix, Arizona

49 months ago

Prior to claims I was a Medical Assistant cross trained for the front and back office. Nursing school was an option, however with raising a family I needed a steady source of income.I did think about taking some private investigation courses but I am not really sure. As always I will seek avenues to increase my knowledge, but I feel like I'm stuck. Even small adjusting firms in my area are not really hiring right now.Of course, I blame it on the economy.Thanks for your advice V.

v in Hamden, Connecticut

49 months ago

If you can find a way to go to nursing school go for it
I went to massaage thearpy school nights

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

marsha fines in Muskegon, Michigan

47 months ago

how can i check on status of my claim check

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

marsha fines in Muskegon, Michigan

47 months ago

how can i out when my claim check will be issued contract #prmoooo97715

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Bob D. in Harriman, Tennessee

42 months ago

I have been an adjuster for 9 years now. I never in my life imagined how much stress was involved. There is an upside to it though. When the economy tanked and most of my friends were losing their jobs I was still going strong. bottom line is that all jobs have stress and sometime we just have to shake it off and get ready for the next hit. for those that are able to find other good paying steady jobs, god bless you!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Debem in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

39 months ago

I found this thread to be immensely informative and helpful. I'm new to claims adjusting...just got hired on by a big corporation. I don't know if I will be able to cut it due to the high volume of claims that come through this company. I'm middle-aged and got my college degree late in life. The 20-something, new grads that made up the majority of my new hire training class don't seem to be struggling with the high volume and company expectations that focus on speed, instead of quality customer service. I know I'm lucky to have a decent paying job with good benefits in this economy...but I do feel disenchanted at ending up as just a cog in the machine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Debem in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

39 months ago

Thank you for your positive attitude, Bob D. :-D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ed in Melbourne, Florida

38 months ago

Been in insurance claims since 1975. Tried Insurance sales and got a series 6 to do financial services along with life- health for 2 years.The underwriters were not taking any business based on 4 hurricanes hitting Florida that year. Went to a body shop to use my skills in auto. Hated that , got my ASE certification and went back to claims auto and truck. Business down turn and was out on the street. Drove some Class A-CDL, 18 wheeler w/ 53 foot reefer. That was stress sitting in truck stops about as much as driving. Have tried going back into claims and all the carriers want my education and experience but not my 57 years of age. Appears that I will be on CAT duty for cars to get my foot back in the door.
My recommendation is to find a speciality and make it YOURS, be the person that they all need to come to , Auto mechanic not just an auto adjuster, A nurse not just a WC adjuster. Yours days will look different. All too many try the MGR. route to break the daily grind of claims, I hear more dissatisfaction from that group then the specialist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Realtor in Longmont, Colorado

38 months ago

Hi...attended an informational meeting with Mile High Adjusters in Denver Colorado. Seemed interesting but I know there is a down side to every occupation. I have been in Real Estate for 14 years and the last 5 have been a struggle. So I have thinking of making a change. Is it worth the money to attend the classes to get the Texas License good in 44 states? I would not be interested in traveling to the disaster areas. Any good advice? CA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jig in Hamden, Connecticut

38 months ago

you have to do what you have to having said that if your not happy you can always leave or use the oppurtunity to get some training in something else you rather be doing you can only try it an see what your experince is each is different if it work for you great if not dont keep doing something you hate until you die hell of a way to have lived

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pat in Hillsdale, New Jersey

33 months ago

What about Public Adjusting? I was thing about it. Any thoughts on that field?

Dont Do it in Wayne, New Jersey

33 months ago

Hello,

I got into claims adjusting because it seemed like a good job at the time. At the time, I was in my 20s and had no other real job prospects. This seemed like the ideal opportunity. Fast forward nearly 14 years later and I wish I had never gotten into this business. Its horrible, its taken a toll on my life and it seems like there is no way out.

If you want to find work, my suggestion is to move to an area of the country where there is low unemployment. Right now the hot industry seems to be the oil industry. Move to Texas and find work if you are desperate enough. However, the adjusting industry is certainly not the answer. I have known a few folks who moved up into management and make very good money today, however, most never move up.

Take it from someone who has been in this industry for a while...don't do it. Just as others have stated, it will keep sucking you back in.

Pat in Hillsdale, New Jersey

33 months ago

Jeff,

I'm not sure if you were answering my question or somebody else's on this thread. I worked for a restoration company for about a year but that didn't work out so now I'm thinking about getting into Public Adjusting. I have experience in scoping losses but I've never worked on the insurance side. I know I would have to pass an exam to get a state license. Do you have any thoughts on Public Adjusting?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nomoreclaims4me in Fullerton, California

31 months ago

Got my CPCU and ARM designations and found a job in loss control. Best decision I ever made.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Insurancedude in Riverside, California

31 months ago

Upon graduating from college, I began a claims career as a customer service rep at Fireman's Fund making $14,400 per year. After 16 years, I'd moved up to Litigation Manager making $85,000. It was a challenging career, to say the least. The work loads are large and the pay is lower than many other professional industries, especially given the broad knowledge required to handle the work correctly. I was lucky to fall into a good position at a good company doing interesting work (personal lines claims for entertainment industry). Handled claims for the majority of big names in the entertainment and sports industries, as well as many leaders of business and industry. After nearly 17 years, the company consolidated claims into St. Louis and I was not prepared to move cross country.
Went to work as an Independent for 3 years, made $40,000 my best year. Have now been unemployed for nearly 3 years with no prospects of insurance industry work. Carriers simply don't need 48 year old adjusters, even with two decades of experience, a college degree and a law degree (which I obtained going to school at night while working). The industry is now run by computers. You feed in the info and the computer evaluates liability and damages and gives you a low ball figure to try and settle the case. That way, claim payments across the nation can now be controlled centrally in Home Office. Likewise, the claim files can be handled by youngsters hungry for work who can afford to work for $25,000 per year.

All said, it's a high pressure job solving other peoples problems day in and day out. If you get stressed easily, it's not the type of work for you. I have known many adjusters in life and I can safely say, the vast majority were not happy in their chosen career.

If you want to try insurance industry work, look for a position on the underwriting side. You'll have less stress bringing money in than you will paying money out.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

Pat in Hillsdale, New Jersey said: Jeff,

I'm not sure if you were answering my question or somebody else's on this thread. I worked for a restoration company for about a year but that didn't work out so now I'm thinking about getting into Public Adjusting. I have experience in scoping losses but I've never worked on the insurance side. I know I would have to pass an exam to get a state license. Do you have any thoughts on Public Adjusting?

Public adjusters are looked upon as parasites and lowlifes. The big carriers used to allow PA's to roll right over them. Those days are over. Today, the large carriers are gunning for PA's and they're well armed. Don't do it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

fighting saints in Lone Rock, Wisconsin

31 months ago

Pat in Hillsdale, New Jersey said: Jeff,

I too have to recommend that you think twice about the PA route. I own an independent adjusting company and our carrier clients treat the PA's as an absolute enemy. Just a few years ago they were willing to "work with" (read that as pay more to get them to go away) PA's. Not anymore. Most of our clients play hardball with PA's and it makes it much tougher to make money as a PA. From what I see the settlement times are longer and the payouts are lower than before. From what I have heard the large PA companies are in trouble and are now trying to sell franchises to make up the money gap. Do a lot of research before jumping into that boat and be wary of large earning claims. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

Insurancedude in Riverside, California said: Upon graduating from college, Carriers simply don't need 48 year old adjusters, even with two decades of experience, a college degree and a law degree (The industry is now run by computers. You feed in the info and the computer evaluates liability and damages and gives you a low ball figure to try and settle the case. That way, claim payments across the nation can now be controlled centrally in Home Office. Likewise, the claim files can be handled by youngsters hungry for work who can afford to work for $25,000 per year.

All said, it's a high pressure job solving other peoples problems day in and day out. If you get stressed easily, it's not the type of work for you. I have known many adjusters in life and I can safely say, the vast majority were not happy in their chosen career.

If you want to try insurance industry work, look for a position on the underwriting side. You'll have less stress bringing money in than you will paying money out.

Good luck!

>> I too found my self in my late 40's with 20+ years in the insurance claims industry and unemployed for 16 months. Computer programs have rendered B.I adjusters nearly obsolete. In fact, the people that are coming into the business are young, have college degrees, no work experience and possess no marketable skills. Large P&C carriers WANT people like this! College educated empty heads that can be molded into what the company ideology dictates. Best bet is to reinvent yourself through your resume by highlighting ALL the things you've done throughout your insurance career and not focus solely on your claims role. Think outside the box! Claims is more than just claims! Think: Analytics, legal, Underwriting, management, Risk Control, Marketing, Broker Relations, Compliance, Industrial Hygiene, Investigations, Labor Law, etc. Also, WORK COMP is a whole other world, so c'mon in. The water's warm!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ADH in Garland, Texas

31 months ago

I've read most of the comments and I understand it is a stressful life. However, since most health care jobs are not hiring anymore, I find myself needing to change careers.

Can anyone tell me if it is a good idea to apply for a trainee job with Progressive? How much approximately would a trainee make? What would that job be like?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

31 months ago

ADH in Garland, Texas said: I've read most of the comments and I understand it is a stressful life. However, since most health care jobs are not hiring anymore, I find myself needing to change careers.

Can anyone tell me if it is a good idea to apply for a trainee job with Progressive? How much approximately would a trainee make? What would that job be like?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

>> Couldn't think of a worse career move. Progressive is bottom of the barrel. You'd be better off scrubbing toilets. The pay would be better too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

ADH in Garland, Texas

31 months ago

nomoreclaims4me in Fullerton, California said: >> Couldn't think of a worse career move. Progressive is bottom of the barrel. You'd be better off scrubbing toilets. The pay would be better too.

Thanks. It's good to hear from people who have worked in the field.

David in Los Angeles, California

28 months ago

A degree

Jim in Westwood, New Jersey

26 months ago

I began a career in this field a year ago after graduating college.

I am making about 42k and have good benefits. I think I am making a fair salary considering the economy and that I am entry level.

I am a bit concerned about the future though. I am not interested in getting heavily involved in litigation and I want to be making $65,000+ once I become well established in my career.

Any suggestions? I have been tossing around the idea of applying for a change to underwriting internally

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.