can a felony charge keep me from an adjusters license?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

missymaam in austin, Texas

31 months ago

I currently had a job at a major insurance company and was just promoted to an adjuster position. I figured they already knew about my charge (posession of a controlled substance, charged but never convicted)since I got my original position. But now I guess they are doing a more in depth background check. They took finger prints and requested documentation about any charges or convictions. Ive already started taking classes to get my license (at the expense of the company of course :) ) but Im concerned that once the background check is complete they will demote me b/c I cant get my license. Does anyone know if a felony drug charge (not conviction) could prevent me from getting my license? Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

david in Austin, Texas

31 months ago

i recently received my all lines adjuster licensed from the TDI. I too was previously arrested for a felony, it was reduced to a misdemeanor. so i would say your chances are fairly good. Just be honest with the TDI jump through their hoops, and you should get your license. I recommend being overly through with them. they don't seem to care to much as long as its not larceny, embellishment, bribery est...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.