how to take cna classes without a highschool diploma or ged

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (46)

liza link 9 @yahoo.com in Granite Falls, North Carolina

58 months ago

thanks for all the wonderful questions ,i was thinkin i had not chance in this feild,wish u all the best n thanks again susan !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

kathy in Chicago, Illinois

57 months ago

where can i go to take some training to become a cna

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (93) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

533 in Charlotte, North Carolina

55 months ago

Susan in Kinston, North Carolina said: You cant be a CNA In NC without GED. Its too late for your HS Diploma I presume, but GED classes are free. You used to be able to "grandfather" in but those days are over. So just go back and get your GED. Sometimes all you have to do is take a test and not even classes. You may be able to be a PCA meanwhile, but neither CNA nor PCA pays very well. I know I've been one for a long time ( I have an assocoaites degree) and now I am going back for my LPN. Best of luck in your endeavors-

This is NOT TURE!! I have CNA License and I DO NOT have a high school diplomam and I live in NC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (81) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole Greene in Wilmington, North Carolina

51 months ago

Hey! Wilmington has an in-house training center for C.N.A.s!!!
We DO NOT require a high school diploma or G.E.D.
Sessions last only two weeks, testing for the State of North Carolina is then scheduled, authorization to take the test then comes in the mail within ten business days.
I know, I know. Too easy, right?
"Become a C.N.A. the easy way!" - thats our slogan.
Call Nicole, her number is on the website, phone numbers are not allowed here.
check out www.coastalcnatraining.com for details. We can also be contacted at www.coastalcnatraining.com.
We are on South Kerr Avenue, Our one time tuition fee is $500.00
That includes State test fee of $96, blood pressure cuff, stethoscope, all learning materials, and quality instruction from an R.N. with 30+ years of experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

pooh_look_09@yahoo.com in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

50 months ago

how i am a pcw in milwaukee wis and ihave been doing it for about 7 years and i do not have a highschool doploma but i would like to become acna i do have some experience i am also willing to pay

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

j_fleeman in Mattawan, Michigan

48 months ago

I currently live in Mi can anyone tell me how to get a cna in less than a year?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

mom of 2

48 months ago

Does anyone know of a way to get a CNA in ohio without a High School Diploma or GED?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (59) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

bkelton22@gmail.com in Grand Prairie, Texas

46 months ago

Susan in Kinston, North Carolina said: You cant be a CNA In NC without GED. Its too late for your HS Diploma I presume, but GED classes are free. You used to be able to "grandfather" in but those days are over. So just go back and get your GED. Sometimes all you have to do is take a test and not even classes. You may be able to be a PCA meanwhile, but neither CNA nor PCA pays very well. I know I've been one for a long time ( I have an assocoaites degree) and now I am going back for my LPN. Best of luck in your endeavors-[

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

bkelton22@gmail.com in Grand Prairie, Texas

46 months ago

Susan in Kinston, North Carolina said: You cant be a CNA In NC without GED. Its too late for your HS Diploma I presume, but GED classes are free. You used to be able to "grandfather" in but those days are over. So just go back and get your GED. Sometimes all you have to do is take a test and not even classes. You may be able to be a PCA meanwhile, but neither CNA nor PCA pays very well. I know I've been one for a long time ( I have an assocoaites degree) and now I am going back for my LPN. Best of luck in your endeavors-[

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

christinamariehuber@yahoo.com in Louisville, Kentucky

45 months ago

I was wondering if anyone knows how to become a cna without your GED or hs diploma

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (103) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

bkelton22@gmail.com in Dallas, Texas

45 months ago

Hi there,

There's a test you have to do its called a Comprehensive skill
test, you can look on line to see if a school will print it off for you, let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Karlie koepsel in port washington, Wisconsin

45 months ago

How Do I Take CNA Classes While Im Still In High School

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

OMURPHY28@YAHOO.COM in Charlotte, North Carolina

44 months ago

christinamariehuber@yahoo.com in Louisville, Kentucky said: I was wondering if anyone knows how to become a cna without your GED or hs diploma

WILIMINGTON HAS A CNA CLASS THAT DO NOT REQUIRE YOUR GED OR DIPLO BUT ITS HERE IN CHARLOTTE N C WEB SITE:COASTALNC@ROCKETMAIL.COM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jas Singh in Hawthorne, California

43 months ago

I would like to know where I can take the GED class and testing or if you can help me find a school where they do not require your GED or dipoma for CNA class

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

mwanted in NewYork

43 months ago

I think it will not be possible for you to get cna without getting high school diploma or ged. You can visit www.sandfordhighschool.com to get high school diploma or ged at very affordable price.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

lynetteread in Raleigh, North Carolina

42 months ago

533 in Charlotte, North Carolina said: This is NOT TURE!! I have CNA License and I DO NOT have a high school diplomam and I live in NC.

hey i am a 12th grade high school student and i want to do a CNA jod for the time being, but i dont wont to pay for the classes. can someone help me and i live in NC. e-mail me at lynetteread@yahoo.com please. maybe there is a program i can go through or something. I just need a jog right now and i wont to do the Home Health Aide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lynetteread in Raleigh, North Carolina

42 months ago

533 in Charlotte, North Carolina said: This is NOT TURE!! I have CNA License and I DO NOT have a high school diplomam and I live in NC.

hey i am a 12th grade high school student and i want to do a CNA jod for the time being, but i dont wont to pay for the classes. can someone help me and i live in NC. e-mail me at lynetteread@yahoo.com please. maybe there is a program i can go through or something. I just need a jog right now and i wont to do the Home Health Aide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lookin for a job in Katy, Texas

42 months ago

how can do it to get my cna liscene i did the classes and paid for my test but havent took it yet and that was in 07 please help..... e-mail me at dianeprado82@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

harinder in Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania

41 months ago

hi i would like to know that how can i get cna claase without high school diploma also want to know what are cna claases for

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

gigigirl in Arlington, Texas

40 months ago

I don't know where you can do the CNA classes. I'm not sure if you have to have a diploma or GED to do the CNA class. If you find out let me know please, okay?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

specialgirl22 in Fort Sill, Oklahoma

39 months ago

I live in lawton oklahoma and I was wondering if I can take CNA classes without a High School Diploma?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

GK in Arlington, Texas

39 months ago

Where in Texas can you do the CNA without a Diploma or GED?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

patty60lopez@yahoo.com in Phoenix, Arizona

39 months ago

Im a people lover get along with all ages im 50yrs old. DONT have a diploma or ged. but I am very egar to find aschool that would train me,with CNA training.. I love working around people. I live in sun city az .Can you help...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

michelle in Iberia, Missouri

38 months ago

i took my cna test and got my licsense with out my high school diploma or ged! its easier to get into the classes if you work for a nursing home or hospital and they will pay for you to go! in missouri you have to have hands on with a rn so if you take the class and dont work in a nursing home or hospital it will be really hard to get your classes requirement fulfilled unless you can find somewhere to volenter and the rn will sign off your sheets for you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tina in Princeton, North Carolina

37 months ago

wat about ur ged, im goin to sign up to start my ged tommorrow, but was thinkin bout takin the cna class too, but wasnt sure if i needed my ged first in order to get my cna certificate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ashley in Melbourne, Florida

33 months ago

can someone tell me where do i go to take the cna clas without having high school diploma or ged in melbourne fl

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

butterlynyc in Bronx, New York

33 months ago

How can I take the CNA in new york with no diploma fast. where Can i do it in new york.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

brenda in Wilmington, North Carolina

33 months ago

Can someone let me know How hard is the test and the classes .. My mom has hers and said the Test was hard very hard and now I'm scaired to do it!!!!does anyone have any feed back on this!!!please

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mckinnotiaire in Baltimore, Maryland

31 months ago

what is a phone to call to get in a program that does not require ged or high school diploma??In baltimore,md though!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

tiffany in Greensboro, North Carolina

30 months ago

were did you get your cna with out your high school diplomam at in nc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

TGPII in Orland Park, Illinois

30 months ago

Just go get a GED, then your CNA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

TGPII in Orland Park, Illinois

30 months ago

Just go get a GED. I know of people who got their CNA while in high school/through high school. Even though they were still in high school they had to show they were on track to graduate on time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ambrosia in Louisville, Kentucky

28 months ago

im in louisville ky and i dont have a ged where can i go to take cna classes at/

Pattinson Strauss in Chicago

28 months ago

A CNA certification doesn't require a diploma, but advancement in the medical field past the CNA certification generally does, so you'll want to have the GED so you can be accepted into medical colleges later on. The GED also shows you are committed to learning and will look better on your resume than nothing when you try to find CNA work.

<a href=www.sandfordhighschool.com/>ged online</a>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

olivia bennett in Flint, Michigan

27 months ago

does anyone know if you have to have a highschool or ged to be a cena in flint mi. i wanna know cuz i wanna take classes but i dont know if i can.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

KRG in Concord, North Carolina

25 months ago

533 in Charlotte, North Carolina said: THIS IS NOT TURE. I live in NC and have my CNA License without my H.S. Diploma. www.Expresscna.com

So You dont have to have a GED or HS Diploma to get a CNA I was trying go find out where i need to go get my CNA and how much is it to take the test.

info@cnaquick.com in Taylorsville, North Carolina

25 months ago

The test is $101.00 if you pay online. A paper application costs an additional $20.00 if you pay by mail. There lots of CNA training options and in your area I believe there are a couple of fast track ones as well. There is one or two in Charlotte, one in Gastonia, and one at Indian Trail.

Our training (CNA QUICK!) is in Hickory, NC and includes 44 hours of hands on skills training for your State skills evaluation. You have to study some on your own for the written portion of the test. Total price is $349.00 which includes everything but the cost of the State test ($101.00). We offer a payment plan!

Hopes that helps and Good Luck!!!

Micheal in Durham, North Carolina

25 months ago

We offer CNA Refresher course training in Durham NC and you do not need a HS diploma.
It is one of the most fulfilling job with great pay that you can find and dont need a degree. Call or visit our website for more information.

nine one nine six eight zero. four three seven seven

maryralston in Austin, Texas

25 months ago

i live in kansas city kansas and i dont have a hs dipolma or ged and i was wondering about getting classes for my cna license

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cristy in Matthews, North Carolina

24 months ago

where did you get certified at? i am almost threw with my ged i am on my last test it is math.

info@cnaquick.com in Taylorsville, North Carolina

24 months ago

cristy in Matthews, North Carolina said: where did you get certified at? i am almost threw with my ged i am on my last test it is math.

There are a number of testing centers throughout the State. A STATE Approved CNA course is not required; however, some training is beneficial in passing the exam and learning what your job requires. There are a couple of options near you in Charlotte for CNA programs I believe. Our program is in Hickory, NC at www.cnaquick.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

cristy in Indian Trail, North Carolina

24 months ago

thank you very much i will look n 2 it!

megan in Princeton, Missouri

20 months ago

i wanna be a cna im a na now but dont have ged or anything someone please help me i love my job i live in mo

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

andrewrobbins93 in Indianapolis, Indiana

12 months ago

hi my name is andrew robbins and i was wanting to learn how to become a CNA this is my grandmothers email address.........my add is andrewrobbins93@gmail.com if anyone has time to explain how i can get enroled in classes will u please send me a email. thank you i also live in the state of I.N.......

jay in Austin, Texas

8 months ago

I am intrested in becoming a CNA but I am in Texas... Is there training programs here that don't require diploma or ged? if so please inform me on this thread!

hector01 in Bronx, New York

8 months ago

Hi everyone, My girlfriend wanted to know if you can take the CNA exam in new york state without doing the coursework yet. She wanted to get the course outline and study it using books from the library and medical books she already has. Is this possible. Please let me know. Your comments are appreciated.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.