Have been arrested can this Jam me up?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Estaban in Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

I am 34 years old and i was arrested when i was 19 Years old have not been in trouble since then. It was Dismissed and sealed does this stop me from joining the PA DOC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

AroundTheWorld in Saint Petersburg, Florida

68 months ago

I recently was in a FA training class. One of the other girls in the class failed to disclose a 10 year old incident on her application. It was discovered in a back ground check. Had she disclosed it I am sure they would have still hired her, but she did not, so they dismissed her for failing to tell the truth....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

VADUDE in Bethel Park, Pennsylvania

65 months ago

ray in Bayonne, New Jersey said: estaban, if the case was dismissed you should be fine, they can not hold u liable for a dismissed case,,only felony convictions, i cleared three police investigations with three dismissals, u should be ok..just watch what u say in your psych interview pertaining to the arrest.

SAY SOMETHING!! I assure you it will come up and may hurt you in the long run. There is nothing ever "Sealed / Dismissed" --- ; I worked for the Governemnt and State(as a Liaison) and was in charge with Conducting/Assisting in completing background checks. There is nothing that can remain sealed if the issue is pushed-- I guarantee you this.

joe in Middletown, Connecticut

65 months ago

I agree, I was a recruiter for the army and have done a lot of police checks. It does come back. At that point your integrity is in question, not the dismissed charge.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

msmartinez55 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

32 months ago

For 3 years I HAVE WENT AND TOOK THE CORRECTIONS OFFICER TEST BUT A FEW MONTHS AGO I WAS AROUND THE WWRONG PEOPLE AND WAS ARRESTED FOR SOME PILLS AND THE CHARGES ARE STILL PENDING I HAVE NOT CONVICTED AND DONT THINK I WILL BE BUT I JUST TOOK THE TEST AGAIN A FEW DAYS AGO AND SCORED HIGH 93 SO THEY MAY ACTUALLY CALL ME IN A FEW MONTHS BUT MY QUESTION IS WILL I STILL HAVE A CHANCE AT THIS JOB OR SHOULD I JUST GIVE UP AND IF IM CALLED IN FOR AN INTERVIEW WHEN ASKED DO I TELL THEM OF THE ARREST AND PENDING CHARGES??? I HAVE NEVER BEEN ARRESTED TILL THIS ONE TIME AND I M REALLY NOT INTO THIS KIND OF STUFF I JUST WAS BEING A BIT IGNORANT TO THE THINGS I WAS AROUND AT THE TIME.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

J-W- in DC, District of Columbia

31 months ago

What you wrote won't prevent you from getting a law enforcement officer job or becoming a correctional officer. Getting jobs is becoming more and more competitive. Any red flags can hurt your chances of getting hired. But, since this was so long ago, and since the charge(s) was dismissed, it should not affect your chances. Your chances of getting hired probably depend more on how well you do on tests and during interviews and how many other qualified applicants there are.

Source(s):
www.peaceofficerjobs.com

t in Erie, Pennsylvania

18 months ago

just curious , i have an interview at one of the prisons coming up , and i was arrested about 7 years ago , for civil contempt , i missed a support hearing , i was in county for 3 days , purged out , no charges or anything like that .... is that something that is gonna hault the hiring process for me ? since it wasnt criminal but civil should i put it on my application ? any help would be appreciated .... my interview is in a few days

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.