NY Correctional Academy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 19971)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

soccer918843 in Potsdam, New York

50 months ago

A buddy and I took the test almost 3yrs ago he got called a month ealier than I did he took the agility test and had to go a week later for the phych test and got called to meet the phych 1 on 1 a week later hes wating to go meet the phych.
So I am waiting to go to my agility test march 23rd does that mean if the academy starts in march i will have to wait until next march for another academy in 2011?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

still waiting in Rochester, New York

50 months ago

i know for a fact now the acadamy is running a class on march 28th.
guy i took test with got his call friday to go to the acadamy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

gary in Watertown, New York

50 months ago

i believe 14 classes were approved for 2010 just word of mouth

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Emb1008 in New York, New York

50 months ago

Question- is the march 28th class for nyc academy as well??? or just state???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

not sure about nyc academy.
what is their protocol? do they go to albany for training or do they train seperately?

sorry, im not sure how that works.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bayoozen33 in Attica, New York

50 months ago

I took the Corrections Officer Trainee Test in October 07. Did the medical and psych tests before Summer of 08. My investigator called in late February to verify my information. Then he just called about a week ago to tell me my name came up for the Academy starting March 28th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

VicManuel in West Haven, Connecticut

50 months ago

its only a few questions that it... 5 minutes thats all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

VicManuel in West Haven, Connecticut

50 months ago

probe7899 in West Islip, New York said: I am a NYC corrections officer applicant and was just called in for fire safety test by DOC. Does anybody know what happens for fire safety?

its only a few questions that it... 5 minutes thats all.. in and out... nothing to worry about... fire safety ... remember to allways dress up...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

probe7899 in West Islip, New York

50 months ago

What kind of questions because I am surpose report to a nurse there? What do you mean dress up(Business attire)?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

hey bayoozen33
what score did you get on your test?
it looks like they haven't called anybody that has scored below a 90 yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hopeful in the bronx in New York, New York

50 months ago

gary in Watertown, New York said: i believe 14 classes were approved for 2010 just word of mouth

Hello,

I took my test in june 09. i scored a 91.25. the list for my exam just came out in january 09. do u thing i have a chance of possibly being one of the 14 POSSIBLE classes?? Any advise from any one else is also appeciated. thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Victor Manuel in West Haven, Connecticut

50 months ago

probe7899 in West Islip, New York said: What kind of questions because I am surpose report to a nurse there? What do you mean dress up(Business attire)?

Thanks

yes buisness attire

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bayoozen33 in Attica, New York

50 months ago

I got an 85 on the test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Victor:
What kind of questions do they ask and what else do they do since they told me to ask for nurse jane? Did you go through this for NYC as well?
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

probe7899 in West Islip, New York said: Victor:
What kind of questions do they ask and what else do they do since they told me to ask for nurse jane? Did you go through this for NYC as well?
Thanks

I tell you the truth it was so fast that i cant even really remember the questions.. weight height. stuff like that.. dont worry . nothing to be worried about. like i said maybe 10 minutes.. in and out.. dont know why they even call it fire safety lol...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Thanks for the heads up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

pants in Orlando, Florida

49 months ago

Hey probe I took the nycdoc test in Nov 08 and still haven't heard anything when did you take your exam can you give me any type of timeline to go by thanks in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Vic I live on Long Island.
Pants I took the test in 08 as well. Are you a CO in florida?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

pants in Wayne, New Jersey

49 months ago

No I live in LI not sure why it said I was in Florida I scored a 92.5 on exam 8053 am I far behind you I haven't done anything except take the test and wait

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

yea it said Orlando FL I actually took it six months before you took it and I went for my physical already.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Vicmanuel in West Haven, Connecticut

49 months ago

probe7899 in West Islip, New York said: yea it said Orlando FL I actually took it six months before you took it and I went for my physical already.

I took test #7014 .. i met my investigator this month./ thank God... did my phyc and medical already..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Vicmanuel in West Haven, Connecticut said: I took test #7014 .. i met my investigator this month./ thank God... did my phyc and medical already..

i met my investigator this month./ thank God... did my psyc and medical already... my typing sucks sometimes lol..whats your investigators name probe?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

probe7899 in West Islip, New York said: yea it said Orlando FL I actually took it six months before you took it and I went for my physical already.

i met my investigator this month./ thank God... did my psyc and medical already... my typing sucks sometimes lol..whats your investigators name probe?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

I was under medical review for six months at that point my investigator was ednardy but he quit so know that I got medical clearance I'm trying to get my new investigator having a hard time getting intouch with investigator supervisor ean.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Vic did you already fill out the booklet you got during orientation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Vic Manuel in West Haven, Connecticut

49 months ago

probe7899 in West Islip, New York said: Vic did you already fill out the booklet you got during orientation?

supervisor ean shes a very nice person... shes cool.. i filled it out but my investigator gave them back to me cause i had to get info from all my jobs i had .. and put them in the booklet .. but almost done with it./.. waiting for info to be mailed to me from social security..

platinum90 in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

Hi..Im 19 and really interested in becoming a nyc corrections officer..but I don't know where to start.should I take the test now and then go to school for 60 credits or do i go to school first and then apply once I graduate and is the process any different if you live in brooklyn ny or is it all the same when it comes to getting into the academy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

gary in Watertown, New York

49 months ago

You have to be 21 to be a CO go to school and get your degree. That is very important to you then test and apply

platinum90 in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

ok..so I live in Brooklyn does anyone know of any good cheap schools with criminal justice or anywhere in the new york area? I really cant get financial aid and I don't have the grades for any scholarships so any affordable small schools would be great. Thank You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

trod in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

I April 6th 2010 met my investigator.. takin the written psych tomorrow April 10th.. i took the spanish test my investigator told me spanish test ppl will skip everyone and make this coming summers class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

and i took the exam April 09.. That 3hr & 30 minutes drive to take this written is horrible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Platinum if your lookin for credits to get into NYPD or Corrections why dont you skip school and just take the FEMA courses on line.. it will only cost you 2500... to get all the credits you need. I have a degree but i took the fema courses anyway for later use in promotions.. If i passed those courses anyone can.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

As per my investigator 6 classes were approved for this year. I am speaking for NYS Correction..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Ok Thanks... I cant wait till they start calling people for work.. how far are you from getting called?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ali in Brooklyn, New York

48 months ago

Rob Hurd in Arcade, New York said: As the son of a 25 year NYSDOC officer and a CO trainee, i can say that they have plans to run the next academy in march, generally it happens in march, that's how it was 25 years ago and things have'nt changed much since. if anyone else has any questions feel free to ask me, i will do my best to get an answer for ya.

hi I am a candidate for NYC correctons I took the test august 2007 they called me later that year. for the last two years i been back and forth doing everything that is told then all my stuff expired so now i have to redo it all ovr again. i am really fustrated i am not working could really use a job right now and i feel like i am just getting stung along for a ride...any suggestions... ALI

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ali in Brooklyn, New York

48 months ago

Probe7899 in West Islip, New York said: I'm not sure I was under medical review for a year finally received clearance now there not hiring I still need to be re-assigned an investigator. I took my written and oral already but I think they expiring soon. What exam are you? I am 6024.

I am 6024. I am also redoing everything and my medical is on the 26th. feel like im going for a ride.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bboyer24 in Plattsburgh, New York

48 months ago

Netta in Brooklyn, New York said: I'm going to take the psych evaluation in may how long after the evaluation do they take to contact you for the academy.

waiting for psych interv. also. is that what you mean by eval.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

bboyer24 in Plattsburgh, New York said: waiting for psych interv. also. is that what you mean by eval.

wondering the same myself. going may 10.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Redrock77r

48 months ago

I'm headed down next tue. To take the med agility and directly after to be assigned an Investagator. Can any one tell me what to expect and how long everything will take. Thanks for your help..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Redrock77r said: I'm headed down next tue. To take the med agility and directly after to be assigned an Investagator. Can any one tell me what to expect and how long everything will take. Thanks for your help..

well you will be there for like 6 hours also u will do hearing test, a EKG for the heart test... a drug test... lots of sitting.. eat good before u get there... i got to go back there on the 28th for the medical again... its only good for one year...Listen to them and dont worry .. all will be good..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jslavick in Cortland, New York

48 months ago

I am scheduled to meet the psychologist on May 8, 2010. Met my investigator (heard nothing from him so far ) , taken and passed the medical, and physical. What next?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Things seem to be moving now. Being the begining of their fiscal year, anyone have a guess to how long before word, after May 1on1 I have heard 2 weeks to 4 mo. Any tips beside being completely honest..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ajb2424 in Buffalo, New York

48 months ago

HEy all, i recently jsut got my canvas letter last monday April 12th asking if i was still interested...anyone wanna help me out how long ill be waiting and how long till the first step will be taken that i have t ogo down to albany? Its for the state not NYC.. thanks all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

ajb2424 from buffalo.
i got my canvas letter back in february 2008, and they just started calling people off the list im on.
you have about a 2 year minimum wait before they call you for training.
all the other stuff such as physicals, psycological, etc. they will get done over the next 6 months or so.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Angel921 in Yonkers, New York

48 months ago

I go to meet with the psychologist this Sunday, April 25. I took my one on one 2 weeks ago. I was told my my BI since I am bilingual I should be pushed through to the academy faster, is this true?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Angel921 in Bronx, New York

48 months ago

Correction- I took my psych WRITTEN 2 weeks ago...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

2929 in Endicott, New York

48 months ago

probe7899 in West Islip, New York said: Victor:
They are only good for one year. I just went for my second round about a month ago.

I'm not so sure about that.

I took mine in October of 2008 and was scheduled to take my psych soon after but was contacted by my investogator and told that everything was on a hold. Over a year later I was contacted by my investigator about the psych test. I took the written, then the interview. Just last week my investigator called me and told me that I had passed the psych and that I'm going to the academy May 9th. My medical is about 7 months over a year, and I never had to do it over again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

2929 in Endicott, New York

48 months ago

state. Just waiting on papers in the mail with the details. Have a feeling I will be going to Albany or Willard. Hopefully Willard because its closer to where im live.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Wondering in Fredonia, New York

48 months ago

My husband took the test over two years ago, got his canvas letter back in February I think, went to Albany this week for testing, and is going back to Albany May 22 for his Psych eval. After all this, when is the soonest we can expect him to get into the academy? Is there any rhyme or reason for all this or is it all luck? because it seems like many people wait years and some don't wait long at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

danny1969 in New York, New York

48 months ago

DOES ANYBODY KNOWS IF BAD CREDIT WILL CREATE PROBLEMS FOR HIRING AS CO?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.