waiting list

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 2265)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Dave Wale in Alma, Michigan

77 months ago

Eric Thompson in Harrison Township, Michigan said: Hey,
I'm on the waiting list to go to training in Michigan, does anyone know how long that might be? I know they just finished one up, does anyone know when the next one is? How likely is it to be picked for this session of training?

I too have been waiting since March 2006. I have been told that there is a hold on hiring male officers. At this time women are being sent to training only. That is why I am considering moving out of state. 2+yrs on a waiting list...does nothing for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

David in Mount Pleasant, Michigan

76 months ago

I took the interveiw and physical test 2 years ago for the Michigan Department of Corrections. Febuary 2006 to be exact after coming home from my second tour in Iraq serving my country. I got beat out of the job by a female that took the interveiw in March 2008 and she failed the physical test. She still received a call to go to the academy even though I have more experience, better qualified, and have served my country twice in combat. Why is this you might ask? Because her dad is a retired corrections officer and has connections. This female also went to St Louis Correctional Facility were it is all male prisoners. She basically it doesnt matter if you fail the physical test, it doesnt matter whether your a veteran or not, it doesnt matter how much experience you have, if you have a connection use it. If you don't move to another state that really does take care of their veterans and doesnt just give them a run around telling them information that sounds good but isn't really true. I have received more help from the state of Tennessee in two days on employment than I have received from the state of Michigan in two and a half years. Michigans answer claim a disability. Shameful! Good luck Michigan veterans and if it gets really bad like it has for my family well see you in Tennessee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

amelia n in Redford, Michigan

76 months ago

You took the interview and pt test two years ago and you still dont have a job yet? That is horrible. I took the interview and pt test on July 18 and I got the call saying they want to send me to training in September, in early August.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Eric Thompson in Harrison Township, Michigan

76 months ago

Did they say when the training starts? I was hoping to get into the next session. I guess I didn't make it...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

amelia n in Redford, Michigan

76 months ago

sept 8th, at least that's when im going

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mr.white

76 months ago

what do u mean they dont want you because your white.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

David in Mount Pleasant, Michigan

76 months ago

What I mean by they dont want me because I am white is exactly that. This is what I was told by the recruitment division from the Michigan Department of Corrections on one of the many times I had called in the 2 1/2 years I have been waiting after passing the interview and physical test with flying colors. I am also a two time combat veteran where I served my country twice in combat. I also have a Crimanl Justice degree. None of that matters. Now I am moving to Tennessee because simply Michigan doesnt take care of their veterans. I have had more help from Tennessee veteran reps in 2 days than Michigan veteran reps in 2 1/2 years. Michigans veteran reps want veterans to scam government and claim a dissability. They said I needed to get on board with the PTSD claims because thats the new ones out there. First time I was told to claim Desert Storm Syndrome. I will leave the dissability claims for the veterans that trully have needs. I just wanted to support my family and now that I am sucking it up and driving on I will be able to do this in Tennessee. If you want the truth about who Michigan is hiring for prison guards call the recruitment division and ask for <name removed> maybe she will tell you the truth like she told me. The first vet rep from Michigan works who wanted me to claim Desert Storm Syndrome name was <name removed> I called him Wayne Weasel. The guy that wanted me to get on board with (PTSD)Post Traumatic Stress Dissorder name was <name removed>. Neither of these guys work for Michigan works anymore hopefully the next vet rep will actually help veterans and not try to turn them into turds. Tennessee here I come. Sad situation for Michigan veterans coming home from serving there country. It is to bad not everyone has the courage and strength. Shameful!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Monroe, Michigan

75 months ago

amelia n in Redford, Michigan said: sept 8th, at least that's when im going

Hey im going to the academy on September 8th too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Monroe, Michigan

75 months ago

I know how you feel. Me and my husband are both veterans and serving in the army reserves. Me and him could not find crap for work when we move to Michigan 9 months ago, and we just finally got something a bit decent 2 months ago. I don't think that MDOC is racially picking their folks. I have a degree in criminal justice, did 4 almost 5 years military and currently serving and I got a call back a week after the pt test and interview.
Never trust a vet rep that has no military background, what the hell do they know.
Good luck to you out of state

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Monroe, Michigan

75 months ago

Just letting anyone know but I am from West Virginia and just recently I heard from my relatives that West Virginia is in "dire" need of Correctional Officers, male or female.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

David in Mount Pleasant, Michigan

75 months ago

Yes you are a female and as I said they are hiring females because of exactly what I have been told #1 female prison guards calm the inmates down #2 female prison guards are going to female prisons #3 after I explained I had been waiting 2 years their reply" you must be a white male. That says it all for me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

amelia n in Detroit, Michigan

75 months ago

hey that's awesome. are you attending the one in lansing? if so, maybe ill see you there? hey i was also wondering, if you are lodging in lansing, do you have to share a room with anyone?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shawn in Oscoda, Michigan

75 months ago

I past the exam and now i have found out that i am in pre-interview status. How long should this take? Do you have to move when you go to the academy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

tinytims in grandrapids, Michigan

74 months ago

hello shawn

how is it going what do you mean by pre interview status. i have wrote and passed exam in april and am still have no interview either. when did you write your exam .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Louise in Fresno, California

74 months ago

Hi, my husband is in the navy here in california, he's getting out May 2009, he is scheduled for his medical exam for the correctional officer next week Oct.22nd. My question is: after the medical exam, how long to wait for psychological exam? and after you pass the psych exam, are you going to be put on a wait list? how long are you going to wait before they can schedule u for academy? the academy here in california are: July-October 1st batch and October-January 2nd batch...my husband is worried that when he get out of May they might not call him for the academy and he made the mistake of getting out or if until May he doesn't receive any call he will stay and reenlist and here comes june they call him for his academy..we're in the middle of nowhere right now...i hope someone can give us advice..he don't want to stay in the navy but what if the academy doesn't call him, is there any way you can call them and share your situation so that they can help you? thanks for spending ur time reading this

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

b tate in Detroit, Michigan

73 months ago

David in Mount Pleasant, Michigan said: Yes you are a female and as I said they are hiring females because of exactly what I have been told #1 female prison guards calm the inmates down #2 female prison guards are going to female prisons #3 after I explained I had been waiting 2 years their reply" you must be a white male. That says it all for me!

Stop making excuse, there are no more preferences in hire practices in this state. You could help yourself by enrolling in some writing classes. It looks as if you have poor writing skills, just a sugestion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

S.R in Oscoda, Michigan

73 months ago

Just thing, The state hired you guys!! Grow up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

S.R in Oscoda, Michigan

73 months ago

Oh and yes i said thing not think, does that mean i dont know how to spell? Use your damn brain!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

73 months ago

S.R in Oscoda, Michigan said: Just thing, The state hired you guys!! Grow up!

All I can say to you my friend is wow! And no the state didn't hire me as I said they informed me "we arent hiring white males" so I moved to Tennessee where it doesnt matter what race or gender a person is. And my military record speaks for itself! How many times have you served your country? Read buddy read!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

73 months ago

Eric Thompson in Harrison Township, Michigan said: Hey,
I'm on the waiting list to go to training in Michigan, does anyone know how long that might be? I know they just finished one up, does anyone know when the next one is? How likely is it to be picked for this session of training?

Come to Tennessee dont waste your time with Michigan! I was here a week and had employment!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

amelia in Detroit, Michigan

73 months ago

You know David, I'm really getting sick of you. Michigan is not racially picking their employees and they are not discriminating against military background. I was in the training academy in Lansing in September and the majority of the people had military backgrounds and most were white. Have you ever thought that they didn't pick you because the facilities you chose weren't hiring? Stop being a baby and bringing other people down who are trying to get hired by the state. Yes it takes awhile, but it's worth it.

Eric: The next academy is in January. It's either going to be in Jackson or Lansing. I'm not entirely sure where it is, but I do know when because I'm in the academy now. Your chances of getting picked is pretty good considering you past your interview and pt test. It depends on if the facilities you picked to work at are hiring. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

S.R in Oscoda, Michigan

73 months ago

Yes you idiot! I have served my country. You think your the only one? Wow news flash your not! Stop crying about how they didnt hire you and move and find something else. It's not the only job out there Just because you serve your country dont expect a golden platter from anyone. I am pround to serve this country but i am not better then anyone else!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

73 months ago

S.R in Oscoda, Michigan keep on being pround! And remember grocery store bagger. Its another thing to be pround of idiot!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

73 months ago

Amelia,

In the military we call it sucking it up and driving on however I am no robot and speak my mind the way I see fit. I do not lie and only speak of what was said to me and happenend to me. And once again Amelia you have proven my point! Congratulations on going thru the academy I hope your three tours serving your country in combat in Iraq has worked out for you. I hope the degree you hold allows you many accomplishments. But as I said you have proven my point and Eric like I said see you in Tennessee! Theres a big difference between Eric and Amelia and all I have is the names. Who knows maybe it will change there in Michigan!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Lennon, Michigan

73 months ago

Amelia,
What is the physical portion of the academy like? Do you have to pass the MCOLES physical exam before graduation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

amelia in Detroit, Michigan

73 months ago

David how did I prove your point exactly? What in the world gave you the impression that I did three tours in Iraq and have a degree? I'm 19 years old with one year of college. So like I said before, stop bringing down the people who don't give up as easily as you do. They actually have determination to get what they want, and they aren't easily fooled like you.

Sue: The physical portion of the academy is easy depending on who runs your pt. It's basically like a middle school gym class, except for when it comes to running. No you don't have to pass the MCOLES physical exam before you graduate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fred64 in Sterling Heights, Michigan

73 months ago

b tate in Detroit, Michigan said: Stop making excuse, there are no more preferences in hire practices in this state. You could help yourself by enrolling in some writing classes. It looks as if you have poor writing skills, just a sugestion.

I read his notes and got his message quite clearly. He conveyed frustration and anger about the way white male veterans are treated in Michigan and that bothers me, since I'm also a vet. I don't think anyone can disagree that males and especially white males do not fit the hiring profiles of most Michigan agencies. Michigan, like most overly liberal states, tries to socially engineer their governmental agencies.

Think I'm wrong? Look around. Do you see many young white males working for the state? City? Yet, between the ages of 18-35, they are the largest job seeking population in Michigan. It seems to me, instead of eliminating the discrimination of the fifties and sixties, they simply reversed it. That does not help people out today.

Michigan is the most screwed up state in the Union. Lets all thank Jenifer and Kwame and all the others in local authority positions that do not uphold the ideals of the bill of rights and constitution of the USA. Some like Jenifer are clueless, while others like Kwame are arrogant. Some, like the Detroit school board are simply greedy. Bottom line is they all keep their jobs, because they keep getting re-elected by voters (or non voters).

I would bet that if Kwame Kilpatrick were to run next week, the voters in Detroit would re-elect him. Its that sad a situation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

73 months ago

amelia in Detroit, Michigan said: David how did I prove your point exactly? What in the world gave you the impression that I did three tours in Iraq and have a degree? I'm 19 years old with one year of college. So like I said before, stop bringing down the people who don't give up as easily as you do. They actually have determination to get what they want, and they aren't easily fooled like you.

And again you proved my point! Thank you for clarifying that for me! So again Amelia you dont have a degree and you havent served your country? But yet you beat a white male with a degree and a 2 time combat veteran out of employment for the state corrections position. And you say what I say is not true and your sick of me? I guess you have to ask yourself how did I get this position is it because of my race or my gender? Congratulations, I can see why you would look at it the way you do! Just dont lie to yourself!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

73 months ago

fred64 in Sterling Heights, Michigan said: I read his notes and got his message quite clearly. He conveyed frustration and anger about the way white male veterans are treated in Michigan and that bothers me, since I'm also a vet. I don't think anyone can disagree that males and especially white males do not fit the hiring profiles of most Michigan agencies. Michigan, like most overly liberal states, tries to socially engineer their governmental agencies.

Think I'm wrong? Look around. Do you see many young white males working for the state? City? Yet, between the ages of 18-35, they are the largest job seeking population in Michigan. It seems to me, instead of eliminating the discrimination of the fifties and sixties, they simply reversed it. That does not help people out today.

Michigan is the most screwed up state in the Union. Lets all thank Jenifer and Kwame and all the others in local authority positions that do not uphold the ideals of the bill of rights and constitution of the USA. Some like Jenifer are clueless, while others like Kwame are arrogant. Some, like the Detroit school board are simply greedy. Bottom line is they all keep their jobs, because they keep getting re-elected by voters (or non voters).

I would bet that if Kwame Kilpatrick were to run next week, the voters in Detroit would re-elect him. Its that sad a situation.

Fred,

I am with you brother, but you have to look at the names in here that are getting angry at my views! Amelia, B Tate I wonder why they would dissagree? Maybe because they thought OJ was innocent? Maybe because they are voting for Obama? Maybe because they are the ones benefiting from the reversed discrimination I suffer from. Or possibly all the above! Who knows but what I do know is I dont blame them for jumping at the opportunities that are handed to them. I am not angry with them! I am angry at Jennifer Granholm (governor)! Granholm is the liar!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

73 months ago

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee said: Fred,

I am with you brother, but you have to look at the names in here that are getting angry at my views! Amelia, B Tate I wonder why they would dissagree? Maybe because they thought OJ was innocent? Maybe because they are voting for Obama? Maybe because they are the ones benefiting from the reversed discrimination I suffer from. Or possibly all the above! Who knows but what I do know is I dont blame them for jumping at the opportunities that are handed to them. I am not angry with them! I am angry at Jennifer Granholm (governor)! Granholm is the liar!

Granholm was on our C-130 flight from Baghdad to Kuwait telling us how she supported the troops and I never realized it was just a photo opportunity for her. Silly me I should have known better than to believe a public official! Fred Tennessee is veteran friendly and the people here are outstanding! I miss my kids but at least I am not risking my life serving my country again just to have a job! Something B Tate and Amelia know nothing of I might add!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

73 months ago

Im easily fooled? Are you kidding me? Your the one that believes you got your position for having determination! In a way I guess your right! The Department of Corrections determined you were a female congratualations. Just wondering Amelia what exactly did you put down for race?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

amelia in Detroit, Michigan

73 months ago

Yeah, I may have. But explain how everyone but 15 people out of my academy had their degrees and over half of everyone in the academy had extensive military experience. There were people who served in multiple branches of the military, so don't even go there. Stop being so bitter that the state didn't want you. I can see why, I wouldn't hire you if my life depended on it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

amelia in Detroit, Michigan

73 months ago

HA! Anyone who thinks OJ is innocent is the dumbest person in the world. And so what if I'm voting for Obama, who I vote for shouldn't concern you. And David, don't even talk to me about missing your kids because you had to go serve your country. My mother is a Marine, and she had to leave me and my sister for Saudi when I was a little girl so you have no idea the hurt I experienced. I bet you never had to wonder if your mother would make it back alive. But not only was my mother a marine, I had a father in the Navy, my grandpa was a green beret, and all my uncles were army, and my best friend is military police so don't you dare say I don't know what it's like.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Lennon, Michigan

73 months ago

Amelia,
How much running is done in the academy? I have a knee that likes to act up after running. I am concerned that this can cause me a problem if I get in. Also, how long before you started the academy did you get notified that you were in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

73 months ago

Amelia,

You wouldn't hire someone that served his country twice in combat during 2 wars? What does that say about the person you are? You say I am bitter? Keep milking the system baby!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

73 months ago

amelia in Detroit, Michigan said: HA! Anyone who thinks OJ is innocent is the dumbest person in the world. And so what if I'm voting for Obama, who I vote for shouldn't concern you. And David, don't even talk to me about missing your kids because you had to go serve your country. My mother is a Marine, and she had to leave me and my sister for Saudi when I was a little girl so you have no idea the hurt I experienced. I bet you never had to wonder if your mother would make it back alive. But not only was my mother a marine, I had a father in the Navy, my grandpa was a green beret, and all my uncles were army, and my best friend is military police so don't you dare say I don't know what it's like.

I had to go serve are you kidding me I volunteered as an American that doesnt milk the system sweety try again! Have you served? No and again I say you dont know what its like! But I am glad you have family or at least know people that have served their country again congratulations!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

73 months ago

Sue in Lennon, Michigan said: Amelia,
How much running is done in the academy? I have a knee that likes to act up after running. I am concerned that this can cause me a problem if I get in. Also, how long before you started the academy did you get notified that you were in?

Sue you shouldnt have a problem if you meet the same requirements Amelia has. As far as running they will work with you to get you up to speed just inform them of the issues you might have. They will work with you! "Girl Power"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

73 months ago

amelia in Detroit, Michigan said: Yeah, I may have. But explain how everyone but 15 people out of my academy had their degrees and over half of everyone in the academy had extensive military experience. There were people who served in multiple branches of the military, so don't even go there. Stop being so bitter that the state didn't want you. I can see why, I wouldn't hire you if my life depended on it.

I wasn't in your academy so I couldnt explain that to you. And as I said it wasnt that the state didnt want me it was that I am a white male and didnt fit their category.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

73 months ago

Alright everyone I am going to stop speaking my mind in here now simply because I do live in Tennessee and I really love this state. There is so many opportunities here for everyone including white males compared to Michigan which is none. I drive through the mountians everyday on my way to work instead of seeing empty manufacturing buildings, out of business stores and foreclosed homes. The economy here is way better with employment just about around every corner. Tennessee is a right to work state, Michigan is not maybe that is the reason the economy is better. Or maybe its just because they treat their veterans with the respect they've earned and don't have Jennifer Granholm as their governor. Who knows what the reasons are. But Amelia the main thing is there is a difference between right and wrong. And Michigan not respecting, honoring and helping veterans get employment over people who have never even served their country is sad, disgraceful, pathetic and shouldnt be tolerated. But then there would be people like you that would be out of employment. And forced to serve their country before getting any benefits that veterans should be getting themselves. And again Amelia I am not angry with you I am angry with the state I was born and raised in! I dont blame you for jumping at any opportunity you can get but just dont fool yourself! Now go calm the inmates down! And if you read previously throughout our correspondence you should know what that means!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tate in Detroit, Michigan

73 months ago

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee said: Granholm was on our C-130 flight from Baghdad to Kuwait telling us how she supported the troops and I never realized it was just a photo opportunity for her. Silly me I should have known better than to believe a public official! Fred Tennessee is veteran friendly and the people here are outstanding! I miss my kids but at least I am not risking my life serving my country again just to have a job! Something B Tate and Amelia know nothing of I might add!

I've served this country,probably for the same reason you did,I needed a job. However you are right, I've never served during a time of conflict, although my father is a totally disabled Korean war vet.
What makes you assume so much about people, maybe the reason you did not land a job was not only your lacking professional writing skills;just maybe you are to judgemental and hot headed, to work with a population of dangerous people.
I only mentioned your writing skills because there very poor punctuation. I thought you could handle me mentioning it to you.
Good luck to you and your family in Tenn.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

73 months ago

Well I didn't know I was writing a term paper in here to where my puctuation had to be up to par for you. I will try to do better for you next time B Tate or should I call you dog? As far as judgemental and hot headed I call it as I see it. I speak the truth and that is all I know like calling you a idiot. Like I said I am glad you and Amelia at least know people who have served in combat for our country. At least your not totally ignorant. Remember, grocery store bagger! Its in your future. Good luck with your career choice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

73 months ago

Last week I received a letter from the Michigan Department of Corrections stating that my physical test which I took March 2006 over a two years ago was out dated. They scheduled another test for November 18th 2008 in Lansing. This is after being in their applicant pool for 2 years. This is also after being told that they were hiring women only because they were going to womens prisons. And this is after they informed me they were only hiring women because they calm the inmates down. And finally this is after I was informed they werent hiring any white males. Now that I have moved to Tennessee "a state that does take care of their veterans who have served their country" I get a letter in the mail wanting me to go take the physical test which I passed with flying colors the first time. Only to be able to sit in the applicant pool for a couple more years and be beat out of employment because I am a white male. No thanks Michigan Department of Corrections you've wasted enough of my time! As you have said I don't meet your criteria.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

73 months ago

Eric Thompson in Harrison Township, Michigan said: Hey,
I'm on the waiting list to go to training in Michigan, does anyone know how long that might be? I know they just finished one up, does anyone know when the next one is? How likely is it to be picked for this session of training?

Eric,

Have you been set up for the Michigan Department of Corrections Academy yet? I was just curious. Please let me know soon! remember Tennessee is the place to be.

David L Wale

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sparkie in Wyandotte, Michigan

72 months ago

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee said: Last week I received a letter from the Michigan Department of Corrections stating that my physical test which I took March 2006 over a two years ago was out dated. They scheduled another test for November 18th 2008 in Lansing. This is after being in their applicant pool for 2 years. This is also after being told that they were hiring women only because they were going to womens prisons. And this is after they informed me they were only hiring women because they calm the inmates down. And finally this is after I was informed they werent hiring any white males. Now that I have moved to Tennessee "a state that does take care of their veterans who have served their country" I get a letter in the mail wanting me to go take the physical test which I passed with flying colors the first time. Only to be able to sit in the applicant pool for a couple more years and be beat out of employment because I am a white male. No thanks Michigan Department of Corrections you've wasted enough of my time! As you have said I don't meet your criteria.

im a white male, served 4yrs in the marines and combat vet and ive been in the applicant pool since 2005 and just recently got a letter to update my physical and exit interview which i passed both. during the interview i was told that their only hiring applicants with masters degrees.there is also a hiring freeze! no academy in jan!! this state is a joke.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

David in Knoxville, Tennessee

72 months ago

sparkie in Wyandotte, Michigan said: im a white male, served 4yrs in the marines and combat vet and ive been in the applicant pool since 2005 and just recently got a letter to update my physical and exit interview which i passed both. during the interview i was told that their only hiring applicants with masters degrees.there is also a hiring freeze! no academy in jan!! this state is a joke.

Semper Fi Marine or as we say in the Army suck it up and drive on! Michigan doesnt care about its veterans because if they did we wouldnt be getting excuses and smoke blown up our $#$$$#. Anyways my home was foreclosed on and my credit was ruined! However, my glass is half full! I have sucked it up and drove on to Tennessee. Tennessee is awesome and good people down here. Best of all veterans come first! Michigan state government should be ashamed of themselves!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

72 months ago

sparkie in Wyandotte, Michigan said: im a white male, served 4yrs in the marines and combat vet and ive been in the applicant pool since 2005 and just recently got a letter to update my physical and exit interview which i passed both. during the interview i was told that their only hiring applicants with masters degrees.there is also a hiring freeze! no academy in jan!! this state is a joke.

I almost forgot to mention do you know what veterans preference really means? Veterans Preference means that you the veteran are allowed to get interviews! That I was told by a lady at the civil service department in Michigan when I called and asked what veterans preference was. I think I could get interviews without having this so called veterans preference. And we shouldnt blame Michigan for not taking care of their veterans; we should blame the government state and federal for letting them get away with it. Shameful as I said

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

?&? in Greenville, Michigan

72 months ago

Why is it you continue to dog Michigan, if you are so happy in Tennessee? And why on a job forum? I came to this site searching for answers, for questions I had about corrections, but what do I get a soap opera. I am a 22 year old male who has been accepted to train in the upcoming academy, that was suppose to take place on Jan 12. I received a call stating that the academy is on hold until further notice. Did you ever think that maybe your area wasn't hiring, because the state can't even afford to train new officers. I just don't understand why you are so hung up on this job, was it your dream to become a corrections officer? Move on there are other career choices and maybe if you spent less time on a internet forum you would know that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

72 months ago

?&? in Greenville, Michigan said: Why is it you continue to dog Michigan, if you are so happy in Tennessee? And why on a job forum? I came to this site searching for answers, for questions I had about corrections, but what do I get a soap opera. I am a 22 year old male who has been accepted to train in the upcoming academy, that was suppose to take place on Jan 12. I received a call stating that the academy is on hold until further notice. Did you ever think that maybe your area wasn't hiring, because the state can't even afford to train new officers. I just don't understand why you are so hung up on this job, was it your dream to become a corrections officer? Move on there are other career choices and maybe if you spent less time on a internet forum you would know that.

Actually I reply to dumbasses like you because these responses are sent to my email address. I have moved on and you say your a male but no mention of ethnicity, whom? Have you served your country? I wonder? Do you have a degree? Whom I wonder? Well anyways good luck with that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

72 months ago

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee said: Actually I reply to dumbasses like you because these responses are sent to my email address. I have moved on and you say your a male but no mention of ethnicity, whom? Have you served your country? I wonder? Do you have a degree? Whom I wonder? Well anyways good luck with that.

I must also say that the reason I am so angry is because I served my country in combat not once but twice just to be beat out of employment by individuals simply because of their race or color. Veterans should come first but they dont. I also dont like a governor or any political pecker head who uses the troops as a photo opportunity for themselves. I dont like being lied to, or cheated. Like I said good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

72 months ago

David in Oak Ridge, Tennessee said: I must also say that the reason I am so angry is because I served my country in combat not once but twice just to be beat out of employment by individuals simply because of their race or color. Veterans should come first but they dont. I also dont like a governor or any political pecker head who uses the troops as a photo opportunity for themselves. I dont like being lied to, or cheated. Like I said good luck!

Race or Gender! My bad, its been a long day

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.