You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Sierra in Fontana, California

19 months ago

ANY ADVICE? I TAKE MINES MONDAY IN ONTARIO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Arod75 in Fontana, California

14 months ago

How did your pft?... Can u break it down?...

Was there a push-up/sit-up test or just the 500yd obstacle?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California

14 months ago

Arod75 in Fontana, California said: How did your pft?... Can u break it down?...

Was there a push-up/sit-up test or just the 500yd obstacle?

it's going to be just like the video in the website. I actually measured and got the weights and practiced for it before I did mine and I passed...anyone intersted I can help if needed.

March 03 Applicant in Sacramento, California

14 months ago

yes, watch the video. No pushups or situps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

socalsunshine in Colton, California

8 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: it's going to be just like the video in the website. I actually measured and got the weights and practiced for it before I did mine and I passed...anyone intersted I can help if needed.

I am taking my test April 9th...I only have 2 weeks to practice. Any suggestions? ;)

8 months ago

socalsunshine in Colton, California said: I am taking my test April 9th...I only have 2 weeks to practice. Any suggestions? ;)

Yeah make sure you practice with the weights....the run is short and now that they increased 30 seconds to it you should have no problem passing it.

socalsunshine in Colton, California

8 months ago

Thank you so much. Is it 5 minutes 35 seconds now?

8 months ago

socalsunshine in Colton, California said: Thank you so much. Is it 5 minutes 35 seconds now?

yup thats right. I had the whole course set just like the one in the video and the weights and the distances too.....when I practiced I would always make it right at 5:05 or a few seconds less but when I actually took the test I passed it at 4:39!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

nick in Galt, California

5 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: yup thats right. I had the whole course set just like the one in the video and the weights and the distances too.....when I practiced I would always make it right at 5:05 or a few seconds less but when I actually took the test I passed it at 4:39!

What's the best way to mimic the course in the video? I don't have stairs to run up and down on

5 months ago

nick in Galt, California said: What's the best way to mimic the course in the video? I don't have stairs to run up and down on

Well I had the distance and a set of stairs too along with the weights. It worked for me.

Ryan in Modesto, California

5 months ago

nick in Galt, California said: What's the best way to mimic the course in the video? I don't have stairs to run up and down on

It's honestly not that difficult if you can jog for a quarter mile or so.

My only advice is to not tire yourself out too much until the two weights. Those were tough!

lovelytayy in Long Beach, California

5 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: it's going to be just like the video in the website. I actually measured and got the weights and practiced for it before I did mine and I passed...anyone intersted I can help if needed.

Is there a way you can help me

nick in Citrus Heights, California

4 months ago

I'd also like some help aswell.

Thanks

4 months ago

nick in Citrus Heights, California said: I'd also like some help aswell.

Thanks

Sure. Email me. yessi1976@yahoo.com

ChasingDreams in Rio Linda, California

4 months ago

Does anyone know if the weights used during the PFT are kettlebells or regular dumbbells?

David in Ceres, California

4 months ago

ChasingDreams in Rio Linda, California said: Does anyone know if the weights used during the PFT are kettlebells or regular dumbbells?

Regular dumbbells. You do a single twenty pound weight twice for the first two seconds, and then two twenty pound weights welded together for the last.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.