CDCR Peace officer psychologial evaluation appeal

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (18)

orozco in Bakersfield, California

28 months ago

Today I received a letter I failed my evaluation due to poor judgment displayed in my past. My poor judgment was I was arrested for a fight at 18 years old; I am now 27 a veteran I served active duty for 4 years honorable discharged deployed to Iraq twice and joined the reserves after my contract was up. I was never diagnosed with ptsd. I have my degree in criminal justice and other then a two speeding tickets I have not been in trouble with the law since I was 18. I want to appeal it but want to know has anyone ever successfully appealed a rejection from SPB. Does anyone know any doctors I can see in Bakersfield for my appeal? I appreciate anyone who takes time reading this and or responding

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Big D559 in visalia, California

28 months ago

orozco in Bakersfield, California said: Today I received a letter I failed my evaluation due to poor judgment displayed in my past. My poor judgment was I was arrested for a fight at 18 years old; I am now 27 a veteran I served active duty for 4 years honorable discharged deployed to Iraq twice and joined the reserves after my contract was up. I was never diagnosed with ptsd. I have my degree in criminal justice and other then a two speeding tickets I have not been in trouble with the law since I was 18. I want to appeal it but want to know has anyone ever successfully appealed a rejection from SPB. Does anyone know any doctors I can see in Bakersfield for my appeal? I appreciate anyone who takes time reading this and or responding

Dang that sucks man how long ago did you take your psych?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

I took it two months ago, today the letter came in. I’m a supervisor with the security company I work for, and we have one person who is retired sheriff and he told me it way worth it to appeal it so ill be getting on that asap Monday

26 months ago

today i took my appeal with the psych doctor here in bakersfield. he was very pleased with me being military and focused on many questions on my trouble past and military, he explained how i had to re take the psych test and to be 100% honest, because the last psych test i took seemed a little close to failing because i answered the questions a little too perfect which makes no sense to me. i answered all the questions the same i know they are made to trick you but i answered the same even though they re word them all. i honestly dont have high hopes for this and just waiting the two weeks for the call from the doctor to see if he passed or failed me. everyone out there good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

SOCAL 2010 in Ontario, California

25 months ago

orozco...any work on your appeal yet? Im in the process of appealing mine.How long did it tale your dr to get the paper work on you from the state? thanks on any info you can give.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

the doctor failed me on the appeal due to test results saying i was to defensive. he said the test shows i might be hiding something when i was 100% upfront with my history 9 years ago being arrested for the fight. he kept trying to focus on me being a combat veteran and if i have any ptsd issues, which i dont. i was upset but it is what it is. Good luck to you SOCAL 2010

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ccreek17 in Ontario, California

6 months ago

orozco in Bakersfield, California said: today i took my appeal with the psych doctor here in bakersfield. he was very pleased with me being military and focused on many questions on my trouble past and military, he explained how i had to re take the psych test and to be 100% honest, because the last psych test i took seemed a little close to failing because i answered the questions a little too perfect which makes no sense to me. i answered all the questions the same i know they are made to trick you but i answered the same even though they re word them all. i honestly dont have high hopes for this and just waiting the two weeks for the call from the doctor to see if he passed or failed me. everyone out there good luck

Hey! I know it has been a long time but what doctor did you use? I am trying to find a doc in that area. Thanks for your help!

Nena V in Eastvale, California

6 months ago

ccreek17 in Ontario, California said: Hey! I know it has been a long time but what doctor did you use? I am trying to find a doc in that area. Thanks for your help!

Hey why did you get dq?

ccreek17 in Ontario, California

6 months ago

Nena V in Eastvale, California said: Hey why did you get dq?

Unable to handle stress efficiently.

D Carr in Visalia, California

6 months ago

orozco in Bakersfield, California said: the doctor failed me on the appeal due to test results saying i was to defensive. he said the test shows i might be hiding something when i was 100% upfront with my history 9 years ago being arrested for the fight. he kept trying to focus on me being a combat veteran and if i have any ptsd issues, which i dont. i was upset but it is what it is. Good luck to you SOCAL 2010

Hey, my Psych dr said my test came back defensive as well because i marked falso on alot of my questions but that all my personality traits came back as being Confident, that i follow rules, logical thinker, so im hoping ill be okay since they all kind of go together and i was 100% honest...... what were some of your personality traits from the test?

6 months ago

D Carr in Visalia, California said: Hey, my Psych dr said my test came back defensive as well because i marked falso on alot of my questions but that all my personality traits came back as being Confident, that i follow rules, logical thinker, so im hoping ill be okay since they all kind of go together and i was 100% honest...... what were some of your personality traits from the test?

Did they tell you this when you cleared? Or the reasoning behind why you didnt?

6 months ago

Nena V in Eastvale, California said: Did they tell you this when you cleared? Or the reasoning behind why you didnt?

Not sure i understand your question but i just had my Oral psych on 2/19 and those were the things he told me about my test and personality traits.

6 months ago

D Carr in Visalia, California said: Not sure i understand your question but i just had my Oral psych on 2/19 and those were the things he told me about my test and personality traits.

OOhhh ok got you.... I wasnt told anything, but good luck in the process lol..... had my oral 1/13 and nothing yet.

6 months ago

Nena V in Eastvale, California said: OOhhh ok got you.... I wasnt told anything, but good luck in the process lol..... had my oral 1/13 and nothing yet.

My Psychologist showed me the chart of how my questions ranked and everything, i guess their all different on how they talk with you. Mine was joking around with me and everything too. Good luck to you too, keep us updated. i know i still have a while before i hear anything!

AlmostThere SoCal in Corona, California

6 months ago

Mine did not tell me anything other than "good luck" at the end... Our meeting was only 20-25 mins long, I was in and out.. and cleared 2 weeks ago. Took Oral 10/22/14, cleared 2/11/15

6 months ago

AlmostThere SoCal in Corona, California said: Mine did not tell me anything other than "good luck" at the end... Our meeting was only 20-25 mins long, I was in and out.. and cleared 2 weeks ago. Took Oral 10/22/14, cleared 2/11/15

Sorry, my oral pope was about 50 minutes long, my pem exam was 20-25 mins.

6 months ago

AlmostThere SoCal in Corona, California said: Sorry, my oral pope was about 50 minutes long, my pem exam was 20-25 mins.

Sounds like we had the same doc. He also just wished me good luck. I'm dying here lol been waiting since Jan. 13th, but I see you waited a long time! Did you contact your analyst at any point? Now I have a little more hope. I sent my analyst an email with no reply.

6 months ago

Nena V in Eastvale, California said: Sounds like we had the same doc. He also just wished me good luck. I'm dying here lol been waiting since Jan. 13th, but I see you waited a long time! Did you contact your analyst at any point? Now I have a little more hope. I sent my analyst an email with no reply.

Yes, I contacted my analyst about 3 weeks in.. which was way too early.. and she said all I could do was wait, and that all she can tell me is that I cleared my oral.. once you clear your stuff.. it gets sent up to Sac, and it needs to be given Final clearance from the main heads up there.. that is why it takes so long.

It's not up to your Psych doc or your analyst on how long it takes, you can clear in a week, but if the people don't get to your file for a while, you may not receive that clearance for months.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.