CDCR Women

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 68)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California

15 months ago

Any women out there applied? I did and have been working on my running and trying to figure out exact distances for the PFT so I can have a more realistic idea how long it takes me to do the whole thing, including the weights.
Is anyone trying something different?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California

15 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: Any women out there applied? I did and have been working on my running and trying to figure out exact distances for the PFT so I can have a more realistic idea how long it takes me to do the whole thing, including the weights.

I've been running outside, using the stair climbing machine and running with the 30 & 45 lb weights. I'm focusing on my cardio more than anything. Maybe you could set up an obstacle course at a park or something?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: I've been running outside, using the stair climbing machine and running with the 30 & 45 lb weights. I'm focusing on my cardio more than anything. Maybe you could set up an obstacle course at a park or something?

I did at the beach and even did the weights ... I did 5:21 minutes... so now I have to work on getting the time down to less than 5minutes just so I can have extra time in case of any surprises

15 months ago

When is your PFT?

15 months ago

May 1

15 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: When is your PFT?

May 1. How about you?

15 months ago

April 24th.... I'm a little nervous

15 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: April 24th.... I'm a little nervous

Yeah me too! Where do u live? I want someone to workout with.

15 months ago

Sacramento. I assume you're in long beach? I've been looking for a workout buddy too, but nobody will do it with me. I'm good on my own tho :) I've waited too long for this opportunity.

15 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: Sacramento. I assume you're in long beach? I've been looking for a workout buddy too, but nobody will do it with me. I'm good on my own tho :) I've waited too long for this opportunity.

Yeah I'm in long beach. My bf is a co and he helps me but he can only help me a few nights a week, other than that I'm on my own and with work and school it's getting hectic.

15 months ago

Same here. I work business hours and go to school. I'm exhausted trying to get to the gym in between. I just wanna get into the academy already :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: Same here. I work business hours and go to school. I'm exhausted trying to get to the gym in between. I just wanna get into the academy already :)

yeah me too....and the other nite I didn't even get to sit down to have dinner until 11pm. I dare go running at the beach late only when he goes with me otherwise I gotta get it in early or go to the gym at work.

CDCRhopeful in San Diego, California

14 months ago

Hiya,

I'm female, and I took my PFT yesterday. It was not bad at all. I am pretty fit naturally, but I do very little besides running 5ks every now and then. I hadn't eaten all day and I still managed to pass. It's not terribly difficult, but harder than I expected. Just keep your pace and you'll be fine. Only like 5 out of the group of 43 I was in didn't pass. 4 of them were female.

14 months ago

Yeah. Did mine today and passed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: Yeah. Did mine today and passed.

Congrats!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: Congrats!!!

Thanks! I just feel bad for the ones that didn't pass....specially the females.

Sierra in Fontana, California

14 months ago

CDCRhopeful in San Diego, California said: Hiya,

I'm female, and I took my PFT yesterday. It was not bad at all. I am pretty fit naturally, but I do very little besides running 5ks every now and then. I hadn't eaten all day and I still managed to pass. It's not terribly difficult, but harder than I expected. Just keep your pace and you'll be fine. Only like 5 out of the group of 43 I was in didn't pass. 4 of them were female.

WHAT WAS THE HARDEST PART?

14 months ago

Does ANY ONE KNOW IF YOUR ABLE TO WEAR LIKE THE FINGER LESS GLOVES DURING THE TEST FOR WHILE PICKING UP AND HOLDING THE WEIGHTS

14 months ago

I dont know but i do know they're kettlebell weights

14 months ago

OH OKAY COOL, I CAN GRIP THOSE BETTER

14 months ago

Sierra in Fontana, California said: Does ANY ONE KNOW IF YOUR ABLE TO WEAR LIKE THE FINGER LESS GLOVES DURING THE TEST FOR WHILE PICKING UP AND HOLDING THE WEIGHTS

We were told no gloves in Galt. I assume its the same everywhere.

CHan in Los Angeles, California

14 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: We were told no gloves in Galt. I assume its the same everywhere.

What did most women wear for the test? My test is next week and it will probably be about 90 degrees when I take it. We're most in pants, or did some wear capris and shorts? Hair can just be in a pony tail?

14 months ago

CHan in Los Angeles, California said: What did most women wear for the test? My test is next week and it will probably be about 90 degrees when I take it. We're most in pants, or did some wear capris and shorts? Hair can just be in a pony tail?

Almost everyone was wearing running pants or capris and t-shirts. I took my test at 7:30am donut was still pretty cold outside. I think every female had their hair up. They didn't say anything about clothes. Just no sunglasses or gloves.

14 months ago

Wow, donut? Really haha.... It was still pretty cold is what I meant.

14 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: Almost everyone was wearing running pants or capris and t-shirts. I took my test at 7:30am donut was still pretty cold outside. I think every female had their hair up. They didn't say anything about clothes. Just no sunglasses or gloves.[/

Well I was wearing capris and a very comfy shirt, my hair was in a pony tail.

14 months ago

Mine was at 2pm so it was really got outside...if urs is in Ontario then it's gonna be outside under the hot sun so make sure u hydrate urself.

gamboa in El Paso, Texas

14 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: Any women out there applied? I did and have been working on my running and trying to figure out exact distances for

Im a female but i applied back in 2011.

14 months ago

gamboa in El Paso, Texas said: Im a female but i applied back in 2011.

What part of the process are you at?

gamboa in El Paso, Texas

14 months ago

I need to take my psychological written and my medical. I had got scheduled to take it back in Feb. Since I'm currently pregnant and I'm a high risk pregnancy, I couldn't travel to complete that part of the process. So they gave me till 8 weeks after my due date to be able to go and complete the process.

14 months ago

gamboa in El Paso, Texas said: I need to take my psychological written and my medical. I had got scheduled to take it back in Feb. Since I'm currently pregnant and I'm a high risk pregnancy, I couldn't travel to complete that part of the process. So they gave me till 8 weeks after my due date to be able to go and complete the process.

That's great that you will continue the process after the baby. and Congrats on the baby!

gamboa in El Paso, Texas

14 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: That's great that you will continue the process after the baby. and Congrats on the baby!

Thanks mama I wish you ladies the best with the process. Let me know if you guys have questions on any part of the process.

june cadet in Stockton, California

14 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: Any women out there applied? I did and have been working on my running and trying to figure out exact distances for the PFT so I can have a more realistic idea how long it takes me to do the whole thing, including the weights.

Are you in the academy already? Or are they requiring PFT as part of the hiring process?

Chan89 in Bakersfield, California

14 months ago

june cadet in Stockton, California said: Are you in the academy already? Or are they requiring PFT as part of the hiring process?

I know you didn't specifically reply to mine, but they had us do the PFT following the initial application. We now have the written test coming up.

14 months ago

june cadet in Stockton, California said: Are you in the academy already? Or are they requiring PFT as part of the hiring process?

Not at an academy yet. They are using the PFT at the beginning of the process now, even before written

Chan89 in Bakersfield, California

14 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: Not at an academy yet. They are using the PFT at the beginning of the process now, even before written

Have you taken the written test, yet? I have been trying to find out what to expect.

june cadet in Lynwood, California

14 months ago

Oh wow. That's crazy! So overall how was PFT?

14 months ago

Chan89 in Bakersfield, California said: Have you taken the written test, yet? I have been trying to find out what to expect.

They have a sample written test in the CDCR website.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Chan89 in Bakersfield, California said: Have you taken the written test, yet? I have been trying to find out what to expect.

Not yet I take mine mid June.

14 months ago

june cadet in Lynwood, California said: Oh wow. That's crazy! So overall how was PFT?

Well for me it was ok I did practice and the day of I did 4:39 minutes which was even better than my practice ones at home.

14 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: Well for me it was ok I did practice and the day of I did 4:39 minutes which was even better than my practice ones at home.

That's awesome! I'm a little nervous. I start academy in June. The may academy 2013 forum someone said two cadets dropped the first week!

14 months ago

june cadet in Stockton, California said: That's awesome! I'm a little nervous. I start academy in June. The may academy 2013 forum someone said two cadets dropped the first week!

Well congrats and hang in there. Give us updates of what to expect. What's ur start date?

14 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: Well congrats and hang in there. Give us updates of what to expect. What's ur start date?

I start June 10. I first applied in October 2010, so I did the PAT instead of PFT.

14 months ago

june cadet in Stockton, California said: I start June 10. I first applied in October 2010, so I did the PAT instead of PFT.

Cool! I applied then too but withdrew before the written.

14 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: Cool! I applied then too but withdrew before the written.

I'll keep you posted!! Good luck with everything! :)

junecadet in South Gate, California

13 months ago

Almost completed my first week! I love it! We did our practice PFTT. Haven't gotten our results, but were told that we did great. Definitely a lot of information we need to remember. We're lucky to have the may cadets to help us with any questions we have.

John O. in Corona, California

13 months ago

To all of you females in this blog, I want to say CONGRATS for the things you are doing to reach your goal. Beside the PFT to be concern, I just want you all to know that you also need to practice on shooting guns at the range(a lot of female cadets have a hard time passing).So heads up on that. Types of gun: Mini-14 riffle (Rugger), 38 revolver (S&W), Glock 40 caliber. So good luck to all of you.
Much Success, John

13 months ago

John O. in Corona, California said: To all of you females in this blog, I want to say CONGRATS for the things you are doing to reach your goal. Beside the PFT to be concern, I just want you all to know that you also need to practice on shooting guns at the range(a lot of female cadets have a hard time passing).So heads up on that. Types of gun: Mini-14 riffle (Rugger), 38 revolver (S&W), Glock 40 caliber. So good luck to all of you.
Much Success, John

Yeah I heard that from my boyfriend...which he keeps promising to take me and teach me the technique that cdcr teaches.
On another note .... any females passed the written lately? I did mine 6/18 and there were about 7females total in that group but don't know how many passed, I just know of 1 that didn't pass. I scored 80 (sucks!!!!) but I guess its better than 70 lol.

13 months ago

junecadet in South Gate, California said: Almost completed my first week! I love it! We did our practice PFTT. Haven't gotten our results, but were told that we did great. Definitely a lot of information we need to remember. We're lucky to have the may cadets to help us with any questions we have.

Congrats! I hope you make it all the way thru....we need to show the men that we are just as equal! lol

John O. in Corona, California

13 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: Yeah I heard that from my boyfriend...which he keeps promising to take me and teach me the technique that cdcr teaches.
On another note .... any females passed the written lately? I did mine 6/18 and there were about 7females total in that group but don't know how many passed, I just know of 1 that didn't pass. I scored 80 (sucks!!!!) but I guess its better than 70 lol.

Does your BF works in CDCR and where? what's his name first and last?
Congrats on passing the test.

13 months ago

John O. in Corona, California said: Does your BF works in CDCR and where? what's his name first and last?
Congrats on passing the test.

He works in lancaster. Sorry but as you know I can't give his name due to security reasons. Are you a co?

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.