Future Trends for Cytotechs ?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Amphib in Columbus, Ohio

67 months ago

They say that there might be work for Cytotechs doing FISH ? can someone tell me about that ?

There was also talk about a prostatic lavage .

We are getting some Anal Cytology .

Ductal Lavage seems to have flopped but Cy-Tyc was still working on it ? ? ?

We were doing FNAs and they stopped it and we see more unsat cases coming to us , i always recommend an adequacy ascessment . it could save alot of blown biopsies .

Does anyone know of anything else that cytotechs might be used for ? It does seem that the Pap Smear is in decline .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fudddy1 in sewell, New Jersey

67 months ago

there is a market among urologists for cytotechs with molecular background, FISH urovysion for bladder ca. The trend nation wide is to utilize these biomarkers to follow bladder ca patients. the insurance payoff is great, 200.00 per probe x 4 probes per case.

jim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amphib in Columbus, Ohio

67 months ago

Thank you jim ,

What do you mean by " Molecular Background ?

amphib

joan in New London, Connecticut

30 months ago

fudddy1 in sewell, New Jersey said: there is a market among urologists for cytotechs with molecular background, FISH urovysion for bladder ca. The trend nation wide is to utilize these biomarkers to follow bladder ca patients. the insurance payoff is great, 200.00 per probe x 4 probes per case.

jim

It use to be 200.00; now is down to 30.00.

Annee Marie Kjelruud in San Francisco, California

30 months ago

It was a wonderful day with The Emager . I had a case today where the device would centre clumps of dirt but ignored a blatant cluster of Koilocytes .

Why in the name of the Queen do labs still use the bloody thing ? ? ? ? ??

This case is going to the FDA . Management will freak as much as the ultra conservatives did when they saw Boy George .

I hope anyone else out there who is in opposition to the Emager will report misses to the FDA MedWatch . If you are afraid to complain , you can send a lettre to your Senate or Congress rep with anonymity .

I want to point out that in many democratic countries , you do not have a capability to contact your elected representatives like you do in USA . I say God Bless America . We have a wonderful country .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.