dental xray license

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 124)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

kittie in Los Angeles, California

80 months ago

I got my xray licence 20 years ago and I need to get a copy of it but I have no idea who to contact. Does anyone know?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (287) / No (43) Reply - Report abuse

Sonia cortes in Merchantville, New Jersey

78 months ago

I'm x-ray licenced in Pennsylvania. What are my requirements to
achieve my licence here in the state of new jersey.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (110) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth Richards in Westminster, Maryland

78 months ago

I need a copy of my Dental Radiation License!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth Richards in Westminster, Maryland

78 months ago

Elizabeth Richards in Westminster, Maryland said: I need a copy of my Dental Radiation License!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Aim in Twin Cities, Minnesota

78 months ago

I would google "x-ray license" and your state on yahoo or google.com and it should point you to the right direction. I just did it and I think it will be helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Renee Hern-Lovato in Albuquerque, New Mexico

78 months ago

Elizabeth Richards in Westminster, Maryland said: I need a copy of my Dental Radiation License!

also make sure your address is up to date with your state board of dental health.... you may have to pay a fee to get a copy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

norma in Stanton, California

76 months ago

i need to get a copy of my x ray licence how i can get it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

stas in san diego, California

75 months ago

i'm a dental assistant in the navy. i have been doing it for 4 years now. i went to the dental assistant school through the navy. so i was wondering how to get xray license. like who do i contact for more information. thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (59) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ruby Luce in Santa Barbara, California

75 months ago

Hi stas,

I finally found an information and location on how to take the x-ray license. it is recommended by our office manager at dental office that im presently working now here at santa barbara. You can call. Sue at this number 8056563166. and she will give you all the information on how to take a classes and written exams. Hope this will be helpfull. thnaks and god bless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Zhanna in Brooklyn, New York

75 months ago

My question is "How can I get x-ray license?" but I work as a dental assistant without any license 3 years.I need that thing quickly.Thak you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (81) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

hi zhanna,

this is ruby from santa barbara ca. I think its doesnt matter when or how long you been working as a dental assistant. You can take the ragiographs lisence any time you want. im sure it would be pretty easy for you because you got already experience. just try to find out the closest place for you to take the exam. ask the dentist who are members of dental society association. i hope my advice will be helpfull.

thank ruby

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

josie in Stanton, New Jersey

75 months ago

Zhanna in Brooklyn, New York said: My question is "How can I get x-ray license?" but I work as a dental assistant without any license 3 years.I need that thing quickly.Thak you

Hi Zhanna, check your local/community schools, a lot of times they offer the course. It's a short program. After the course, take the exam. Most of the time, your employer will re-imburse you for the expense esp. he's going to benefit from it also.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nothingnew in Ventura, California

75 months ago

Is there a place around Ventura where I could get an x ray license for dental assistant job? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

nikki in Santa Clara, California

75 months ago

I need to take dental x-ray classes as soon as possible? WHich schools in the bay offer this program? thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Theresa

75 months ago

kittie in Los Angeles, California said: I got my xray licence 20 years ago and I need to get a copy of it but I have no idea who to contact. Does anyone know?

Dental assistants national boards or DANB

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

stephanie in Hackensack, New Jersey said: i'm currently taking online classes for dental assisting and i was wondering where i would go and what i would do to get an x-ray license. can i get hired without one?

of course! you will be hired. just try to find out the adds. thanks ruby santa barbara ca.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dr. Dong Lee in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey

75 months ago

We are looking for full time Radiology and Dental assistant with NJ License. Please contact me by E mail.We have heath insurance and paid vacation. Please submit expected salary. We are locates at Englewood Cliffs

oxstephaless in New Jersey

74 months ago

DO U THINK ONLINE COURSES FOR DENTAL ASSISTING WILL BE GOOD ENOUGH TO GET ME HIRED? PLUS, I HAVE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND RECEPTIONIST AREA. WILL THEY TRAIN ME WHEN IT COMES TO HANDS ON? THANKS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

oxstephaless in New Jersey said: DO U THINK ONLINE COURSES FOR DENTAL ASSISTING WILL BE GOOD ENOUGH TO GET ME HIRED? PLUS, I HAVE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND RECEPTIONIST AREA. WILL THEY TRAIN ME WHEN IT COMES TO HANDS ON? THANKS!

believed me, if you have faith, you'll get hired. its not a very difficult job. if they trained you then that would be much better! thanks.

jennifer in Solvang, California

74 months ago

Hello Ruby I think I have a Dental assisting jon for you in Santa Barbara please call me at 805-614-5000 and ask for jennifer.
Thanks

IMELDA in Los Angeles, California

74 months ago

kittie in Los Angeles, California said: I got my xray licence 20 years ago and I need to get a copy of it but I have no idea who to contact. Does anyone know?

can u let me know how to get a copy

Aim in Saint Paul, Minnesota

74 months ago

Call your state health department and ask for the phone number. That will at least head you the right way. The state keeps record of all licensed doctors, nurses, etc, etc....so they should have your record too. The question is, will it be with the Board of Dentistry or another board.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Inna in San Francisco, California

74 months ago

hello. I been working as a dental assistent for three years(Im only 18 now) and my work requered x-ray licence from now on. I live in CA in san francisco. Would anyone know where can i get it?
Thanks a lot,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

isla in Pacoima, California

74 months ago

i need my x ray licence i live in the san fernando valley in california dont know where to go can anyone help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

felix buaeng in Gaithersburg, Maryland

74 months ago

I finished a dental assistant pragram by mail. i would want to find how I can be ceritified or licenced.

Marie in Hemet, California

72 months ago

I have been working as a DA for about a month and am NOT grasping taking x-rays too well. Anyone have advice on how to make it easier? Would appreciate any little thing. Thanks!

olgie in Clifton, New Jersey

72 months ago

Marie in Hemet, California said: I have been working as a DA for about a month and am NOT grasping taking x-rays too well. Anyone have advice on how to make it easier? Would appreciate any little thing. Thanks!

You need to use the rings to make it easier for you. You might need to order them if you don't have them yet. You can look in a dental catalog. They are the best thing and accurate in taking x-rays. You can never mess up with or cone cut with it. good luck......

DENTAL 4 YOU in Jacksonville, Florida

71 months ago

felix buaeng in Gaithersburg, Maryland said: I finished a dental assistant pragram by mail. i would want to find how I can be ceritified or licenced.

You need to take the boards. Go to danb.org.

Charlie Duncan in Portland, Oregon

71 months ago

I got my x-ray license over 10 years ago in California and I need to know exactly how I can go about getting a copy. I have tried numerous web searches and nothing points me to the right place! PLEASE HELP!

Aim in Saint Paul, Minnesota

71 months ago

Contact the Dental Association (might be a different name in your state) that is with the state. The state collects this information and they have it on record.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

I FINALLY got through to a REAL person in Sacramento! Ok - so for those of you looking to get a copy of your California license, you need to contact The Committee on Dental Auxiliaries (COMDA). They aren't that friendly and don't seem to really want to help, but if you are persistant, you can get the info you need. I actually got the person to verify that my license is on file over the phone by being a little pushy.
The contact info is: COMDA, 2005 Evergreen Street, Suite 1050, Sacramento, CA 95815. Phone (916) 263-2595 Fax (916)263-2709
They want you to send a letter of request (they don't have a form) asking for a copy of your dental radiology license. In the letter you need to include your name, any maiden or former names, your date of birth, your social security number, your RDA license number (if you have one), your phone number(s), your address and a check for $25.00 written to COMDA.
I hope this helps soneone else!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

I FINALLY got through to a REAL person in Sacramento! Ok - so for those of you looking to get a copy of your California license, you need to contact The Committee on Dental Auxiliaries (COMDA). They aren't that friendly and don't seem to really want to help, but if you are persistant, you can get the info you need. I actually got the person to verify that my license is on file over the phone by being a little pushy.
The contact info is: COMDA, 2005 Evergreen Street, Suite 1050, Sacramento, CA 95815. Phone (916) 263-2595 Fax (916)263-2709
They want you to send a letter of request (they don't have a form) asking for a copy of your dental radiology license. In the letter you need to include your name, any maiden or former names, your date of birth, your social security number, your RDA license number (if you have one), your phone number(s), your address and a check for $25.00 written to COMDA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

sandra in Lodi, New Jersey

69 months ago

I am from Nj and I want to work in dental assitant in florida, how can i change my njx-ray licence to florida>??>? thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rachel Richard in Delmar, New York

69 months ago

I just moved to NY from TX and I am an RDA registered in TX. What do I need to do to legally work for a Dentist in NY and what duties can I perform?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lori in El Segundo, California

68 months ago

Marie in Hemet, California said: I have been working as a DA for about a month and am NOT grasping taking x-rays too well. Anyone have advice on how to make it easier? Would appreciate any little thing. Thanks!

All the difficult x-rays are on the mandible (lower jaw) make sure the person lets their tongue relax completely and tell them to bite down slowly. Any patient who gags with x-rays--will-not-gag- if you tell them to either hold their breath or breath through their nose. I hae been doing this for 22 years and it really works (except for few rare exceptions). As long as the cone is perpendicular to the x-ray --you will not get a bad x-ray. Most of all have fun with the patient-treat them as you would a family member and they will comply.

68 months ago

Hi to everyone, Im Ruby Luce and Im a dental assistant and im looking for a job.
I lived in santa barbara, if anybody know any dental office who are looking a dental assistant please! pass me the news. or e mail at this address. rubybaby596@yahoo.com. thanks:)

crystal in santa barbara

67 months ago

hello does anyone know where there is a dental assistant school in santa barbara or ventura or even oxnard, ? not looking for the city collage, i would prefer something quicker, and longer hrs thanks everyone

kerry in Denver, Colorado

67 months ago

Lori in El Segundo, California said: All the difficult x-rays are on the mandible (lower jaw) make sure the person lets their tongue relax completely and tell them to bite down slowly. Any patient who gags with x-rays--will-not-gag- if you tell them to either hold their breath or breath through their nose. I hae been doing this for 22 years and it really works (except for few rare exceptions). As long as the cone is perpendicular to the x-ray --you will not get a bad x-ray. Most of all have fun with the patient-treat them as you would a family member and they will comply.
If you shake a little salt on the tongue it works even better no "gag".

crystal in santa barbara

67 months ago

hello does anybody know about the dental assistant academy, CCI in ventura,? i went there for info and it all looks great and sounds good, but has anybody out there graduated from it? i have my orientation next week and classes start on oct 27 thanks

Pilla in Tulare, California

67 months ago

I called comda also and I know what your talking about it seems like they don't want to look into it. Did they ask for the date and location of the exam?

dental 4 you in Aberdeen, Maryland

67 months ago

kerry in Denver, Colorado said: If you shake a little salt on the tongue it works even better no "gag".

Thats the first i've heard of that one. Another thing that you could do is put topical in the mouth, and it's good for taking impressions with especially the maxillary impressions.

dental 4 you in Aberdeen, Maryland

67 months ago

Sonia cortes in Merchantville, New Jersey said: I'm x-ray licenced in Pennsylvania. What are my requirements to
achieve my licence here in the state of new jersey.

take the night radiology class at bcc or camden county.

Sir Lloyd

66 months ago

stas in san diego, California said: i'm a dental assistant in the navy. i have been doing it for 4 years now. i went to the dental assistant school through the navy. so i was wondering how to get xray license. like who do i contact for more information. thank you

Hey..i am in the same boat.. If you find out how to get that xray license let me know too. lol.. I am in the Navy as well. you cant get back at me at Skeet4skee@aol.com

faramarz ghajar in basking ridge, New Jersey

66 months ago

i want to get an x-ray licence in nj so i can work as a dental .
where should i go ?in which college?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Inna in Lompoc, California

66 months ago

crystal in santa barbara said: hello does anyone know where there is a dental assistant school in santa barbara or ventura or even oxnard, ? not looking for the city collage, i would prefer something quicker, and longer hrs thanks everyone

Lowry Academy of Dental Assisting gives a fast-track course in dental assisting in Santa Barbara for 8 Saturdays. Their number is in the Santa Barbara phone book. They also help you get your first job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

veronika in Cary, North Carolina

65 months ago

I am looking to get into dental assistant school in Cary,NC. Where should I start? Thank you

RACHELLE in Burbank, California

65 months ago

dOES ANYONE KNOW OF A 10 WEEK DANTAL ASST or dental hygenist COURSE NEAR THOUSAND OAKS OR VENTURA COUNTY?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sabrina Clark in Fresno, California

64 months ago

First, have you been trained to take x rays? If not, this is your first step. There are many techniques especially when in a small oral cavity. One thing I was never taught was too soften the corners by bending them slightly back and forth to prevent pain when placing the film. Also, when in a small mounth it is possible sometime to use pedo films if you are able to view the whole tooth structure. Also, talk with your employer, he may be picky and want you to do things a certain way. But, x ray taking takes practice and patients. However, time is of the essence in a dental office so please don't make the dentist mad. This would not be in your best interest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Angelina in Clovis, California

64 months ago

I received my certified dental assistant license in 1992. I worked in the field for several years before changing my line of work. Is my license still good after all these years to go back into the field?
Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

heather in Albuquerque, New Mexico

64 months ago

DANB is the place to look into for licensing.. its in Chicago. I just sent in my application for it the other day. DANB is the dental assisiting national board. Google it, it will give you all great info! Have a great day everyone, Heather

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.