Am I to old to be a dental assistant?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Vivian in Rockwall, Texas

31 months ago

If i want to change career at 60 could i be a dental assistant?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tbili in Los Angeles, California

26 months ago

Vivian in Rockwall, Texas said: If i want to change career at 60 could i be a dental assistant ?

Hi, I took DA classes at 43yo. I work part time (2 days/week) at the back office. I don't know front office. I mean, if you are a DA and work in the back office, you are on your feet whole day. (If it's ok with you).
One more thing. I have hard time finding a job. The one that I have is through my friend. I have gone to probably 10 or more interviews, and they don't hire me. (I am in CA). It has been almost a year since I graduated.

You will have more chances if you know front office, and are bilingual in Spanish. Also, they want experience.

So, if you want to wait until you will volunteer at some dental office for a year, maybe then you might be hired.

Maybe you should consider other options.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MrsDJMW in Buffalo, New York

26 months ago

I had the pleasure of teaching clinical chairside to quite a few women who were starting over in new fields,or that had never worked before. I was very successful in helping them obtain employment as well. Age was never a factor. Willingness to learn,a friendly outgoing personality,and the capability of dealing with many different personalities are the top requirements. My trainees did not represent them selves as not experienced,they used their clinical experience gained in my hospital clinic as the basis for their initial skill learning. Accentuate your positive points,don't dwell on what you have yet to learn. Display your positive attitude and the right opportunity will soon come along.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.