Florida dental hygiene: Computer simulated exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 298)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Susan in Iowa City, Iowa

36 months ago

Taking clinical exam in December, but still need to take the CSE and law exam.
Can anyone tell me how to study for the CSE.
Contacted NERB and they told me to contact State of Florida, who in return told be to contact NERB. Cannot seem to get any answers.
Is there anyone that has taken this exam recently that could give me a few example of questions? I would really appreciate it!! Thank You.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

exp in Exeter, New Hampshire

36 months ago

Have you googled info...worth a try. Tell each that the other said to call...the other. Ask if there is a website with downloadable pages. I would think though, that the state Board for Dentistry (DH) dept. would have these materials...call the BoDent. in FLA. GL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

big help in Dover, New Hampshire

35 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ydv in North Bergen, New Jersey

35 months ago

Hi
I'm licensed in New Jersey and I'm thinking on getting the lisence in Florida as well since my family lives there. Can somebody explain me the process more or less please!!! I looked into it in the website but it looks kind of complicated...thank you in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Susan in Iowa City, Iowa

35 months ago

It seems confusing, but it is really just a pain in the butt and very time consuming. Just go to the FL department of health website; click on dental hygiene license and print off an application. The application tells you everything you need to know/have. Just give yourself ENOUGH time to find a patient and get all information together, before you apply. Exams are given three times a year. You will need to take a clinical exam, computerized simulated exam and the jurisprudence within a 13 month period. It took me a couple of months to get everything together. It's time consuming, because you have to rely on offices to send certified information.
Because there is so much information, you have to send the FL board, I certified all my mail,to make sure everything was received without question.
If you took the NERB for New Jersey, I am almost positive that the state of Fl will still requires that you take a clinical exam. FL acts as it's own region and therefore they do not except any clinical exams from other regions/states.
Hope this information helps you. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ydv in North Bergen, New Jersey

35 months ago

@Susan
Thank you so much!!!! It's so much easier when someone explains it to you in "straight forward" words. I'm sure it would off taking me reading 3 or 4 pages to know what you just told me! Do you know if the all the tests have to be taken in Florida? I read somewhere that you can take them out of state? Thank you again!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Susan in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

35 months ago

You can take the jurisprudence exam & the computer simulated exam at any prometric testing center. Clinical exam has to be done in FL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kimmya in Tampa, Florida

35 months ago

Susan in Iowa City, Iowa said: Taking clinical exam in December, but still need to take the CSE and law exam.
Contacted NERB and they told me to contact State of Florida, who in return told be to contact NERB. Cannot seem to get any answers.
Is there anyone that has taken this exam recently that could give me a few example of questions? I would really appreciate it!! Thank You.

Maybe we can help each other out. I am also taking the boards in Dec. at UF. Do you have a patient yet? I am scheduled for Friday morning? What time slot did you get?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ydv in New York, New York

35 months ago

So what are the patient's requirements? I heard they don't let you use cavitrons, only hand scalers? I don't think that's true but I know every state it's different! Good luck in your exams ladies!!!!! I'm going to start working in my applications soon!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kimmya in Tampa, Florida

35 months ago

They do let you use a cavitron, you have to provide the handpiece and insert though. Also all your instruments, slow speed, and disposables. Thanks, I wish you luck in the application process too!
Kim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Susan in Iowa City, Iowa

35 months ago

Hi-Kim. I am sorry about your conflict. This whole ordeal is very stressful.
I do have a pt and I am in the afternoon on Friday.
However, my pt was already scaled on the left side max/mand arches. She only has enough calc in the LR quadrant-I am hoping enough. Pt does not have enough calc to qualify for two clinicians. Sorry.
I would try to call NERB and explain the situation. I have spoke to Dr. Hall a couple of times and he seems very nice and possibly will be understanding to your situation. It will not hurt to try to contact them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jody in Windermere, Florida

35 months ago

I've screened some patients and they don't have enough for the boards exam. My time slot is the afternoon on Sat in FL. Is anyone willing to share a patient or know of someone else. I live in the Orlando area and am willing to provide transportation. Thank you so much for any help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Susan in Iowa City, Iowa

33 months ago

I have passed the Florida dental hygiene law exam and clinical. I now am scheduled to take the dental hygiene nerb computerized portion of the exam this coming thurs. Cannot seem to get information from nerb or state of fl. I purchased andy rdh review coarse. Has anyone taken this coarse and thought it helped or should I be doing something different???
I would really appreciate some advice, running out of time. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kimmya in Tampa, Florida

33 months ago

Hi, do not know anything about andyrdh. Email me, I might have something that may help you. I have not taken either the law exam, or csce yet, just the clinical.
Kimmya2011@Hotmail.com
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

russellrdhlmt in Champaign, Illinois

33 months ago

Hi, all!
I am moving from IL to FL and prepping as well. (sigh)
I took the NERB in 2005, and although FL is now accepting the NERB, it
has to be as of 2011? I'm having a hard time verifying info..
also, can you take nerb at any of the testing center sites or does it have to be taken yin FL?
Also, did it seem to take awhile to get paperwork sent or was it kind of seemless, like a month-ish?
A friend who is getting ready to take the computer simulation has a testing review on-line from her school she is going to send me. I can pass along any info as I receive it!
Thanks, Lacy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Racine, Wisconsin

33 months ago

russellrdhlmt in Champaign, Illinois said: Hi, all!
also, can you take nerb at any of the testing center sites or does it have to be taken yin FL?
Also, did it seem to take awhile to get paperwork sent or was it kind of seemless, like a month-ish?
A friend who is getting ready to take the computer simulation has a testing review on-line from her school she is going to send me. I can pass along any info as I receive it!
Thanks, Lacy

I'm form WI. Going to FL as well. The information is hard to obtain. I did call and talked to a person at NERB and The State of FL Health. I was told that the NERB can be taken anywhere. You should be good as long as any of your testing has been done within the last 10 years. As far as needing to take their laws and cse exam, you will have to call The State of FL Health office. You can find it online. Good luck!
Kim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Susan in Iowa City, Iowa

33 months ago

You can take the computerized simulated and the jurisprudence anywhere. Clinical can only be taken in the state of FL.
Paperwork takes along time to get. Would be awesome to get some help studying for the computerized simulated exam. I am taking it this Thursday.
Email information if you get it or a if you have any other questions. swinter2675@yahoo.com.
Thanks Susan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

RDHCJ in Boston, Massachusetts

33 months ago

Susan in Iowa City, Iowa said: Taking clinical exam in December, but still need to take the CSE and law exam.

NERB means North East Regional Board. FL is NOT in NERB territory. You have to go to FL and take their clinical exam (bring a patient) AND their written exam if you want to work in FL. Taking NERB only qualifies you to work in upper east coast states such as Mass, VT, NH, NY, PA, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

russellrdhlmt in Champaign, Illinois

33 months ago

So I called and the law is now that Florida will accept NERB-yay! Unfortunately though, even though I took NERB in 2005 they are only accepting it as of 2011 or you have to retake it. Other good news, you can take it at any location that offers NERB-you dont have to get a patient in Florida.
My friend said her testing review material was about $35 from amyrdh.com for the computerized testing fyi..
I'm a little nervous about Florida laws test and cpmputer portion. any suggestions on what to study..been awhile since school!
thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MonRDH in Hamburg, Pennsylvania

33 months ago

Susan in Iowa City, Iowa said: You can take the computerized simulated and the jurisprudence anywhere. Clinical can only be taken in the state of FL.
Paperwork takes along time to get. Would be awesome to get some help studying for the computerized simulated exam. I am taking it this Thursday.
Email information if you get it or a if you have any other questions. swinter2675@yahoo.com.
Thanks Susan

In any state?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jasmine in Bangalore, India

33 months ago

Hi... I'm Dr.jasmine certified dentist(BDS) from India, it will be of great help if any one suggest me how to be licensed as a dental hygienist in US.. its so urgent for my future career...do help me with a good reply.. thank you..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Saira in Orlando, Florida

32 months ago

jasmine in Bangalore, India said: Hi... I'm Dr.jasmine certified dentist(BDS) from India, it will be of great help if any one suggest me how to be licensed as a dental hygienist in US.. its so urgent for my future career...do help me with a good reply.. thank you..

Hey jasmine, I recently got the fl dental hygienist license. If you need any help, let me know.
Saira

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jasmine jennifer in Bangalore, India

32 months ago

hi... thanks for your reply Saira...... i'm a dentist in India.. can you guide me to be registered as dental hygienist in USA...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Saira in Valrico, Florida

32 months ago

jasmine jennifer in Bangalore, India said: hi... thanks for your reply Saira...... i'm a dentist in India.. can you guide me to be registered as dental hygienist in USA...

Email me at sairas22@hotmail.com. I can guide u :)

Lisa in Venice, Florida

31 months ago

Hello :) I just registered for my FL clinical in Gainesville for June. I'm freaking out. Anyone else taking their clinical in June?? I really could use all the advice possible. I'm totally stressed LOL Lisa

mosakowskidenise in Cocoa, Florida

31 months ago

Lisa in Venice, Florida said: Hello :) I just registered for my FL clinical in Gainesville for June. I'm freaking out. Anyone else taking their clinical in June?? I really could use all the advice possible. I'm totally stressed LOL Lisa

Hi Lisa. I am taking the Hygiene board in June also at Gainesville. I am also stressing out. the "packet" on the nerb website looks so confusing. Hope you do well.

Gladys in Winter Park, Florida

31 months ago

Saira in Orlando, Florida said: Hey jasmine, I recently got the fl dental hygienist license. If you need any help, let me know.
Saira

Hey Saira,
Maiby you can help me with simulated clinical computer test??? plz

Andrea in Milton, Florida

31 months ago

I also just registered for the NERB at Gainsville in June. I am graduating from DH school in May. I took my NBDHE already, and registered for the patient treatment portion. The whole process is confusing and since there have been these recent changes it seems like no one in my class knows what to do. I still need to register for the computer simulated patient treatment exam, but I am a bit confused. does anyone know can I take that anytime from now till June? If those of you who have some study tips/materials who wouldn't mind sharing, I would love some! Does anyone know what exactly goes on those three days? I read the manual, but still am unsure about so much! It can get stressful, I still need to find my patient! Thanks in advance for any help!

31 months ago

I also just registered for the NERB at Gainsville in June. I am graduating from DH school in May. I took my NBDHE already, and registered for the patient treatment portion. The whole process is confusing and since there have been these recent changes it seems like no one in my class knows what to do. I still need to register for the computer simulated patient treatment exam, but I am a bit confused. does anyone know can I take that anytime from now till June? If those of you who have some study tips/materials who wouldn't mind sharing, I would love some! Does anyone know what exactly goes on those three days? I read the manual, but still am unsure about so much! It can get stressful, I still need to find my patient! Thanks in advance for any help!

31 months ago

russellrdhlmt in Champaign, Illinois said: Hi, all!
Thanks, Lacy

I would love the info, if you don't mind passing it along! acawthon711@gmail.com

Kimmya in Tampa, Florida

31 months ago

I would really appreciate any study material you have. Thank you in advance.
Kimmya2011@Hotmail.com.

Kimmya in Tampa, Florida

31 months ago

I would really appreciate any study material you have. Thank you in advance.
Kimmya2011@Hotmail.com.

31 months ago

Andrea in Milton, Florida said: I would love the info, if you don't mind passing it along! acawthon711@gmail.com

Me too :) Can you please pass it too me as well. Thank you arunasjasaitis@yahoo.com

pbrtooth in San Clemente, California

31 months ago

I am about to retake the FL laws test, sad so, but it is the only one to pass to get My DH license; I have been searching for sample questions, as much I can get, anyone have any??I Thank you all for your help, that will make a huge change in my life!:)

Susan in Merritt Island, Florida

31 months ago

Go to Andy rdh's website and by his review, it's like 35.00. That is how I studied and passed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Susan in Merritt Island, Florida

31 months ago

Not by, buy- oops

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

Susan in Merritt Island, Florida said: Go to Andy rdh's website and by his review, it's like 35.00. That is how I studied and passed.

Susan Thank you for your time and tip; I will check on that ASAP, I will get back with great news!:)!!

Bebbe in Tallahassee, Florida

30 months ago

Drea!!!!

that you?

30 months ago

pbrtooth in San Clemente, California said: Susan Thank you for your time and tip; I will check on that ASAP, I will get back with great news!:)!!

Well, your tip help me alot, job well done, finally Dental Hygiene.The best always.regards.:)

manal in Lakeland, Florida

30 months ago

i just moved here from ny and registered for the comp. stim and clinical for june in gainsville. i havent registered for the laws exam do i have to take that b4 the clinical...and i have no idea what to study for for the computer stim.....please help mabed@live.com

pbrtooth in Capistrano Beach, California

30 months ago

manal in Lakeland, Florida said: i just moved here from ny and registered for the comp. stim and clinical for june in gainsville. i havent registered for the laws exam do i have to take that b4 the clinical...and i have no idea what to study for for the computer stim.....please help mabed@live.com

No you don't, you will have up to 3 times to do it;it is boring test, but you can make it;get teh sample qustions form existing websites like www.janewrdh.com/jfla.htm and also from dentaltease.com/ which they have some questions for 35 bucks; I took 2hrs a day, for 2 weeks, got 92; you can do it, if you have a time go ahead and get your time for clinical and other ones. They had questions about direct and indirect supervision and also concerning the direct supervison that will be for DH use anesthetics on treatments!...alos What EPA regulates, what the boards regulates, how many members, CDA regulations, good things are for you not loose time to see the penalties and fees charged for many different situations, it is too much, trust me, if you get a problem after get the license, you don't have to keep in your mind how much you have to pay, they will go after you etheir way.Trust yourself.:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

pbrtooth in Capistrano Beach, California

30 months ago

manal in Lakeland, Florida said: i just moved here from ny and registered for the comp. stim and clinical for june in gainsville. i havent registered for the laws exam do i have to take that b4 the clinical...and i have no idea what to study for for the computer stim.....please help mabed@live.com

No you don't, you will have up to 3 times to do it;it is boring test, but you can make it;get teh sample qustions form existing websites like www.janewrdh.com/jfla.htm and also from dentaltease.com/ which they have some questions for 35 bucks; I took 2hrs a day, for 2 weeks, got 92; you can do it, if you have a time go ahead and get your time for clinical and other ones. They had questions about direct and indirect supervision and also concerning the direct supervison that will be for DH use anesthetics on treatments!...alos What EPA regulates, what the boards regulates, how many members, CDA regulations, good things are for you not loose time to see the penalties and fees charged for many different situations, it is too much, trust me, if you get a problem after get the license, you don't have to keep in your mind how much you have to pay, they will go after you etheir way.Trust yourself.:)

MonRDH in Kutztown, Pennsylvania

30 months ago

Hi guys, I'm taking clinicals in June, do any of you have a list of supplies wee need and how many sets of instruments u taking. thanks.

Lola in West Palm Beach, Florida

28 months ago

Hi I want to know if some body can help me .my first question is some body has the pilot questions for dental hygene laws ,the another question is I am going to take the cse where can I get the material and how many minutes it will take it I am living in Florida.i will be appreciate if somebody can help me

Kimmya in Tampa, Florida

28 months ago

I can help you, I have some information you could use to study.

Contact me at: kimmya2011@Hotmail.com

Thanks, Kim

28 months ago

Kimmya in Tampa, Florida said: I can help you, I have some information you could use to study.

Contact me at: kimmya2011@Hotmail.com

Thanks, Kim

I need help with the computer stimulated exam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mimi2012 in High Point, North Carolina

27 months ago

Hi, I am taking the Nerb computer test in October and I would like to get a review to help me pass the exam. I was looking into the Andy RDH. has anybody used this review in the past 6 months that can give me their opinion. I will really appreciated. Thank you.

Elizabeth

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nando12867 in Elizabeth, New Jersey

27 months ago

Hi:
I recently graduated of the school. I need help for computer simulated exam. I will take this test this saturday (August 4). I somebody have any tips or some web to made a review, please let me know ASAP...Thank you

nando12867 in Elizabeth, New Jersey

27 months ago

Hi:
I recently graduated of the school. I need help for computer simulated exam. I will take this test this saturday (August 4). I somebody have any tips or some web to made a review, please let me know ASAP..My email is nando12867@yahoo.es
Thank you

Eileen in Clearwater, Florida

25 months ago

Andrea in Milton, Florida said: I would love the info, if you don't mind passing it along! acawthon711@gmail.com

Could you also pass on any review material to me as well? I take the computer simulated exam next week. my email is epvs32@yahoo.com

Thanks

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.