Moving to Canada.. Canadian Board Exam Study Guide?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (19)

JayR in Houston, Texas

62 months ago

thank you! but i heard the wilkins book is very detailed and a lot of information. Any other study books you recommend?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JAYR in Houston, Texas

62 months ago

anyone have an input in this?

JAYR in Houston, Texas

62 months ago

Plakattaka in Aurora, Ontario said: www.ndhcb.ca/en/index.php

There is an on-line prep test but it isn't an easy thing to study for as it is based on case studies and is multiple choice and it always seems as if there are more than one right answer it is just a case of which is the most right! It is really a matter of reviewing your course data and being able to tie it all together.

hello..
there is no one book or course study guide to study of off?

nojobs in Toronto, Ontario

62 months ago

JAYR in Houston, Texas said: hello..
there is no one book or course study guide to study of off?

Mosby's is an easier read compared to Wilkins. This will be the only
option for a one book study guide. Sounds like you dont want to read either.

The only other option I see for you is to email RDH tutors and see
if you can sign up for the NDHCBE review.

www.rdhtutors.com/reg/index.html
NDHCBE Review

Options for registration are for either individual or group access.

Review of 9-week course outline is available through a three-hour interactive online access for the national board examination.

Quizzes on each weekly topic are supported by immediate feedback.

Final mock examination will be provided with immediate feedback.

JAYR in Houston, Texas

62 months ago

nojobs in Toronto, Ontario said: Mosby's is an easier read compared to Wilkins. This will be the only
option for a one book study guide. Sounds like you dont want to read either.

The only other option I see for you is to email RDH tutors and see
if you can sign up for the NDHCBE review.

www.rdhtutors.com/reg/index.html
NDHCBE Review

Options for registration are for either individual or group access.

Review of 9-week course outline is available through a three-hour interactive online access for the national board examination.

Quizzes on each weekly topic are supported by immediate feedback.

Final mock examination will be provided with immediate feedback.

You are right! I dont want to read that much bc im worried I might over study. The only material I studied for for the national boards here in Texas is the Dallas review which was SO SO simplified and not too in depth.

Our instructors kept telling us to ONLY read the Mosby and WIlkins book but it was just too much information. So i was hoping that maybe the Canadian boards would probably have something similar =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ssssskr in Victoria, British Columbia

62 months ago

I graduated 2 years ago, and there was no such thing.

Instead, we simply used the Mosby's prep book for the USA board exam. This was a touch off, given that the US focuses on things differently and uses a different tooth numbering system. Even this book was too much info, but much of my class took both the US and Canadian board exams - everyone easily passed both exams mainly due to solid classroom instruction.

JAYR in Houston, Texas

62 months ago

Is mosbys the only prep book out there?

dental hygienist in Ottawa, Ontario

62 months ago

if you do the prep test that the ndhcb has on the website, those are the type of q's that are on the board.
make sure you know ethics, and client assessment (which was drugs, diseases and conditions, who needed pre-meds) and pathology
i dont think that you need to study in depth but i did find that reading through the wilkins textbook was helpful for me!

JAY-R in Houston, Texas

62 months ago

dental hygienist in Ottawa, Ontario said: if you do the prep test that the ndhcb has on the website, those are the type of q's that are on the board.
make sure you know ethics, and client assessment (which was drugs, diseases and conditions, who needed pre-meds) and pathology
i dont think that you need to study in depth but i did find that reading through the wilkins textbook was helpful for me!

where can i buy the prep book?

Joyce Young-Scholes in Toronto, Ontario

61 months ago

JayR in Houston, Texas said: Hey guys,

I just finished taking my national boards here in Houston and I want to take the boards in Canada in September so I can move to Toronto. Any suggestions what study guide I should study and should buy to study off of?
Because I studied the Dallas review and it was VERY helpful. I didnt even open up the Mosby review because it was too much!! Please let me know soon thanks!

Jay-r from Houston

We, at rdhtutors, deliver a 9 week live online prep course for the Canadian National Dental Hygiene Board exam. Our next course will commence in July 2009 for the September 2009 exam. We cover all Canadian content required for the board exam. If you are interested in further details, contact us at info@rdhtutors.ca or visit our website at www.rdhtutors.ca
Joyce Young-Scholes

Joyce Young-Scholes in Toronto, Ontario

61 months ago

JayR in Houston, Texas said: Hey guys,

I just finished taking my national boards here in Houston and I want to take the boards in Canada in September so I can move to Toronto. Any suggestions what study guide I should study and should buy to study off of?
Because I studied the Dallas review and it was VERY helpful. I didnt even open up the Mosby review because it was too much!! Please let me know soon thanks!

Jay-r from Houston

Please check out our website at www.rdhtutors.ca. We can help.
Joyce Young-Scholes

Kate.rdh in Chesterfield, Missouri

61 months ago

Hello,

I am a Dental Hygienist currently licensed and practicing in the state of Missouri in the US. I have been practicing hygiene for over 3 years now and will be moving to Victoria B.C. in the late fall of 2009. I graduated form the University of Maine at Augusta (an accredited program here in the US), have passed the US National Boards and the Northeast Regional Boards. I would greatly appreciate any advice as to where or how I can start applying for my BC Hygiene License.

Do you know if I have to take the Canadian exams too, or do they allow reciprocity since I have been practicing for over 3 years?

Thanks for your time!

3ggrvy in Ludhiana, India

58 months ago

frgy5tg56g6r

ckotsovos in London, Ontario

58 months ago

Please go to www.rdhtutors.ca for further information regarding our NDHCBE preparatory course.

Course starts November 2, 2009 for the January 2010 exam.

Please feel free to contact us at info@rdhtutors.ca with any further questions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anna in Hackettstown, New Jersey

41 months ago

I'am dental hygienist and I graduated on 2009 in USA ..I'm planing to move in Toronto , Canada. Can someone tells me what should I do to work as a dental hygienist in Toronto Canada..Please I really appreciate your help

rdh in Calgary, Alberta

41 months ago

Anna in Hackettstown, New Jersey said: I'am dental hygienist and I graduated on 2009 in USA ..I'm planing to move in Toronto , Canada. Can someone tells me what should I do to work as a dental hygienist in Toronto Canada..Please I really appreciate your help

There are no jobs in Toronto. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

nalrawi1978@hotmail.com in Vancouver, British Columbia

41 months ago

I have been working as a Hygienist in the US for several years. I will be moving to Vancouver and taking the National Exam for Canada and I am wondering if anyone has done the RDHtutor.com prep course for the exam. I can't find any comments on that, which I think is quite strange as many people seem to be interested in preperation classes. Can anyone who has actually done the course tell me if it is worth the money? I have been out of school for quite a while so I think it may be a good idea for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SeoMaster in Ludhiana, India

14 months ago

Dr Thind has introduced optical maser gum surgery in Ludhiana, and non-contact optical maser cavity cutting while not the drill, No injury.

www.thind.com/dentist+ludhiana.html

www.thind.com/dentist+ludhiana.html

Andea in Edmonton, Alberta

8 months ago

I tried the Rdhtutors.ca website and it's down. Have they shutdown? Are there any other resources that I could use other than Mosby's and Wilkins in prep for the Canadian National Dental Hygiene Exam? Please let me know. Thanks much!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.