Comments (5)

Suzyblc in Rochester, Michigan

15 months ago

We have a hygienist in our practice that had her
License suspended 18 mos ago. Come to find out its because
She didn't pay off her student loans. She has been working with out a license
Making excuses it was her CEU and she
Moved. She has had other issues in past and he keeps letting
Her cont to work there. And so many great hygienist looking for work. What are repercussions for
Her working so long on suspended license?. They are now garnishing her wages.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

steph in Silver Spring, Maryland

15 months ago

I think she could go to jail and the doctor who is hiring would get in trouble too. It makes me sad. I wonder if she didnt pay off her loans because the job market is so bad and she didnt have a job so she couldnt pay off her loans. I dont agree that they suspend her license for not paying her loans, I understand if they mess up her credit and garnish her wages but what does that have to do with her ability to care well for patients? and if they suspend her license and she stops working they will never get all their money back. imo something seems very wrong in this story

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RDHCJ in Boston, Massachusetts

13 months ago

You should immediately tell the dentist to fire her or hire a temp and ask her NOT to show up to work until her license is reinstated. The dentist can get in trouble for allowing an unlicensed RDH work. Right now she is UNlicensed if her licenses has been suspended. I would consider reporting her to the board of dentistry if your employer keeps allowing her to work. I would report her anonymously if possible. She can permanently lose her license if she is caught working with a suspended license. She and the dentist are at risk for a malpractice lawsuit and their malpractice insurance would NOT cover her if she is working without a license! This is a serious issue. Make it clear to the dentist that he is putting his license and good name at risk by allowing her to treat even 1 patient after her license was suspended! He should advertise for a temporary RDH or hire a temp through an agency and hire someone else if she doesn't get her license back quickly.
Your dentist is a fool to allow her to continue to work without a license!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Suzyblc in Rochester, Michigan

13 months ago

She is no longer working!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RDHCJ in Boston, Massachusetts

13 months ago

Suzyblc in Rochester, Michigan said: She is no longer working!

Thank goodness. You had posted that she was still working so I am glad to hear she isn't working anymore. Did she get reported to the board or the dentist finally maned up and fired her?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.