Tips for dishwasher interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming dishwasher interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Isabel Santana in San Juan, Puerto Rico

94 months ago

It's an easy job where you get to meet lots of nice people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Benny G in Albany, New York

84 months ago

You dont need to wow your boss on a dishwasher interview. Chances are, hes just looking for somebody with a pulse. Its crappy work and kitchen cooks know that, theyll hire anyone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Isabel Santana in San Juan, Puerto Rico

84 months ago

Thanks Benny
I learned that for a fact.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

scotthocky0 in Lansing, Illinois

79 months ago

I was a dishwasher for about 7 yrs...its easy work and if you can find a chain restaurant company you can get decent benefits too. Most are automatic nowadays so all you have to do is open and close it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

alattar.louis.creath@gmail.com in Kansas City, Missouri

69 months ago

Well I have a interview Friday 20th at 9:00am. Could you please give me some tips on the interview on dishwasher. Cause I do need this 2nd job to get me a place to stay and also, to learn how to live on your own. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (64) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

alattar.louis.creath@gmail.com in Kansas City, Missouri

69 months ago

Also, one more thing could give me some answer to what I should say or ask in the dishwasher interview Friday the 20th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

charlie Rodarte

69 months ago

Hi am a dishwasher what I can tell you is that you need to throw away thie thr if ash frequently. Mop the kithcen floor wash glasses pans silverware coffe cups coffe saucers salad plates Dishes. If you need more he'll email me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

william walker in Houston, Texas

68 months ago

Its fairly easy work. Its the job of a quiet person who doesnt like gettin caught up in all the restaurant politics. Believe me, there is alot of them too. who got drunk the night b-fore, who is doin this with him or her, who is a slow worker. u get the point. Dishwashers dont make more than 8 an hour unless your washing plates in a vegas hotel or something. They make a good 9.50 up to 11.00 depending on how long they were there. If you aint educated, its something you might want to look into. It beats the hum drum fast food life. Try to get weekends. Also, try to work for a buffet of any kind. The volume of people is very much higher than in other restaurants, which means better hours. Of course, there are exceptions though. For those out there who are looking for something to make the interviewer get all warm and fuzzy, tell them this. That you regularly soak the coffe cuos in bleach to retain their whiteness. Ever went to a denny's to drink coffee and the cup was so stained, that it looked like brown crap stuck to the inside? I have. It is disgusting too. Do that with plates as well. There are alot of dirty people cleaning your dishes, I would like u all to know. So be the one who ACTUALLY DOES WASH the dishes. I guarantee they will hire you and look at you like a god. Try it sometimes. Gotta go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dembenski in Vancouver, British Columbia

53 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming dishwasher interview?

dishwashing.dembenski.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fred in Copenhagen, Denmark

52 months ago

hi
what kind of clothes are better to work as a dishwasher^?

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

William Genelle in Oakland, California

52 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming dishwasher interview?

be professional and have experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kt in Lombard, Illinois

43 months ago

I'm 13, & I've heard that ppl my age can get hired for this...??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

gordon wade in Arlington, Texas

3 months ago

Well im at a interview right now at martin luther king hospital for a dishwashing position.and it actually pays 10.60..full time,please give me some tips before i go in at 11:30..��

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.